• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After those few nukes hit east coast a while back i doubt the president and HQ would stay in D.C. ;)

Amazing AAR btw, made me install DAIM :)

Perfect answer. I was going to say that :)

Thanks! I'm glad you like the AAR.

At this point, would the Axis even bother with peace? They could land on the shores of the US and have the entire country under control rather quickly.

Well, what I was thinking was...after so many years of war (for Germany it is now 17 years), with the US so crippled as it is, how much support would there be for a continuation of the war on American soil? Would they really want to launch an attack on the US mainland? Or let it fall into chaos on its own?

Don't get this wrong, but I would have signed once the first nukes started falling on CONUS.
CONUS = Continental US? I would have liked to then, but then there would not have been much of an AAR. This way, I can can still cover a large variety of events. Japan and China are still heavyweights in Asia, and what happens on CONUS should definitely be of interest :)

The Channel Pact thread...(yes, I do read other threads as well)

And, if you have a problem with the way Firestorm and Cool play, I suggest you go say that the thread that is actually about their AAR. A discussion of DMLL seems rather misplaced in the thread of a completely opposite (human players are dictatorships fighting democrats) style of AAR.

Okay, Viden, since I will respect their thread, I'm bringing it here :). Come here and discus with me Viden.

Sorry, but Firestorm and Cool are really BAD. That's the first time I see a human been defeated by the AI. Sometimes I saw countries like Romania or Commie China becoming great powers.

DAIM AI is so easy. I fought against harder AI (Mod34 and others). And I don't know how to edit the save. Some weeks before, I posted a link to that AAR in the spanish community. All people say that Firestorm and Cool were really bad. :D

Yes, I have had my fair share of easier games aswell. Some of my favorite being Argentina and Romania as you said earlier. Romania was fun, becoming a European power. But, as with most games where minors become large superpowers: How did they deal with the partisans? You can only go so far before yo cannot build enough garrisons, or your TC goes to shit (points to my ~2000 / 224 TC.) DAIM can be easy, and DAIM can be hard. I've had DAIM games where I just walk all over the enemy. I've also had games where everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. For example, as Germany once, Russia refused to sign the M-R pact, France chose to fight instead of Vichy. Czechs decided they would rather fight then bow down (Slovakia partition). Add insult to injury, Soviets declared war on me (they already had 250 divisions by 1939) while I was already in Belgium.

Sure, we could have done things differently. Maybe waited on taking out Japan and invaded Germany a year early. But if that got bogged down, now I've got Europe and the entire west cast to worry about. This game is full of risks and gambles, and we live with the decisions at hand. This is one of my first games as USA, which is why I had the most fun in this one. Maybe then I would have only had to go through a Germany with level 5 forts instead of all the level 10 ones they had (points to earlier into the AAR). In your games, how many times did you get forced to go through that? Or maybe I could have got nukes earlier and just done a nuclear win! No challenge in that, which is why I did not focus on nukes. Of course, I also did not expect Germany to get them so fast.

Now back to our AAR...

I have another update coming today! Working on it as we speak.

Edit: Thank you Vincent :)

Last edited:
Now back to my AAR...

I have another update coming today! Working on it as we speak.

Wouldn't it be 'our' AAR since you guys are working co-op? Or can we assume you're having more of a nuclear rivalry at this point? ;)

-Vincent

Haha, indeed you would be right. I just do the writing. It would not be as much fun (and not as much hair-pulling out of my head) without him!

Wouldn't it be 'our' AAR since you guys are working co-op? Or can we assume you're having more of a nuclear rivalry at this point? ;)

-Vincent

He is the updater and the other bloke changed sides.

Ah, but both of us are still playing so it is technically still 'our' :)

If you guys stick around for another 20min or so, it should be up by then.

It will be worth the wait :)

Make it worth the wait. Any my nuke can be fired at London if Cool already built something there...
Hah hah.

He is the updater and the other bloke changed sides.

We were sortof on to that hint when we saw the US getting nuked to hell ;). I was referring to the comical smacktalk that now pops up in some of the pictures.

BBC Home and Forces Program – August 1st, 1953

**Working on a Banner to put here for VICTORY IN EUROPE**

August 1st, 1953

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. Victory in Europe. Those words were on the tips of everyone’s tongues today as Canada and the United States of America signed the surrender documents in Madrid earlier this morning. Only days ago, Axis forces defeated the last remnants of the Allied armies in Europe at Gibraltar of Oviedo in Spain. After 14 long years of conflict, the war in Europe, and much of the war abroad, is finally over. All over the continent, people have taken to the streets with joy and happiness. Tears of joy and sadness are visible anywhere you look. Everyone is pleased to see that the world’s most brutal and horrific conflict is finally coming to an end. Officers and soldiers alike have rejoiced in this final victory. For many, it means time to go home; to family and friends they have not seen since the start of the conflict. To children they missed growing up. For others, it is not so pleasant, as many lost everything they had in the nuclear attacks that took place over the war. Some still have the duty to mop up the African campaign, where French forces continue to resist. Those however, as we have been told, are going to be made up of volunteers."

In the United States, however, the situation continues to spiral out of control. With the collapse in Europe, the recent nuclear attack on Washington, and recent conflict between the government and its people, it is now widely believed to have plunged into civil war. To the west, California has recently declared its secession from the United States and has declared war. Following this declaration, independence movements grew in a matter of days across the entire continent. Texas has declared its independence, and so have the southern states. The southeastern states have unified under the old banner of the Confederate States of America, and are claiming that they will bring the entire country together once again. In Canada, the province of Quebec demanded its freedom, as it feels it was unjustly treated through the war, and that more French-Canadians were forced into the front lines then regular Canadians."

"Germany, as a sign of goodwill, has declared that it will not support any of the independence movements in North America. It has urged other Axis signatories to uphold the same policy, though said it will not force them to do so."

ScreenSave529.jpg

ScreenSave533.jpg

ScreenSave537.jpg

ScreenSave544.jpg

ScreenSave547.jpg

ScreenSave551.jpg

**Hmm, I think I should work on a VE day banner of some sorts for this update. Lord Slowpoke: Worth the wait? :)**

Yes, absolutely EPIC. Can't wait to see the post-war world. ;)

Thanks guys!

Later today I will be posting what the world looks like in another report :)

Come on. You tell me this ISN'T the end?

Come on. You tell me this ISN'T the end?

I think not. There's still the Soviets trying to invade China and the Civil War happening in the United States. And both Soviets and Nazis have a certain score to settle.

Exactly. That is still a big war going on over there.

sad:(

Okay, Viden, since I will respect their thread, I'm bringing it here :). Come here and discus with me Viden.

Ok.

Yes, I have had my fair share of easier games aswell. Some of my favorite being Argentina and Romania as you said earlier. Romania was fun, becoming a European power. But, as with most games where minors become large superpowers: How did they deal with the partisans? You can only go so far before yo cannot build enough garrisons, or your TC goes to shit (points to my ~2000 / 224 TC.) DAIM can be easy, and DAIM can be hard. I've had DAIM games where I just walk all over the enemy. I've also had games where everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. For example, as Germany once, Russia refused to sign the M-R pact, France chose to fight instead of Vichy. Czechs decided they would rather fight then bow down (Slovakia partition). Add insult to injury, Soviets declared war on me (they already had 250 divisions by 1939) while I was already in Belgium.

Sure, we could have done things differently. Maybe waited on taking out Japan and invaded Germany a year early. But if that got bogged down, now I've got Europe and the entire west cast to worry about. This game is full of risks and gambles, and we live with the decisions at hand. This is one of my first games as USA, which is why I had the most fun in this one. Maybe then I would have only had to go through a Germany with level 5 forts instead of all the level 10 ones they had (points to earlier into the AAR). In your games, how many times did you get forced to go through that? Or maybe I could have got nukes earlier and just done a nuclear win! No challenge in that, which is why I did not focus on nukes. Of course, I also did not expect Germany to get them so fast.

Well, I only say that you are the first humans I saw defeated by the AI, even counting harder situations. ;)

Now, clean your home and nuke Berlín any times necesary to destroy their nuclear reactor.

Victory in Europe! Computer-AIs all over the world rejoice! The mighty humans were forced to kneel before you!

You fought bravely, but in vain, for there was no hope in resisting the almighty power of a DAIM-Bitter-Peaced-Reich. :(

So, congratulations on your crushing defeat and good luck at the Home Front and in China. :)