+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3 28 53 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 103 128 153 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 4047

Thread: Democracy's Last Legs: A US - UK DAIM AAR

200k club

That is some massive AI screwing around that you need to rectify. Something was just plain wrong there. Besides, in an IRL situation, THAT would DEFINITELY not have happened.
    AAR Commentator and Werewolf Whackjob

"Getting paid for reading is the best way to make a living."

The best bit in that game is this PM from OY to his packmates:

OrangeYoshi: ... I'll also put in a preliminary hunt order to Hunt Oky's replacement. (THE_SPLIT if I'm not mistaken). He publicly asked for a sub, and that is slightly more common in Lite if you have some sort of important role.

This is OY putting in a hunt order on Oky's replacement, who is none other than OY.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Well look at the bright side. It shaved a good 400+ TC off your logistic loading. Now you just need to drop it another 1000 or so...
    yay, screwed over again!

your effective IC is also going up! that is good tho.
    "Now theatres are a very special animal..."

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

You Sir, are screwed. I suggest starting to write a peace event.
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 12/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

Interesting AAR. So it seems like two big pockets are forming in Spain. Now, will the glorious Wehrmacht ever free the New Europe from those pesky Ami invaders? Or will it invade the unprotected (?) East coast instead?

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Holy Shi-

You just lost some 1 million men... Even the allies weren't doomed before, they are now. You are still lucky the axis cannot make any landings on US soil, but they may not have to due to the partisan activity in the US.

Wow... good luck. This is getting crazy.
    "Now go read my magazine. Although to get the full -effect, you should have someone you admire yell it at you." - Stephen Colbert

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

the AI is cheating, you should cheat too
    Have fun, and welcome to one of the most male dominated arenas since railway-working.
    -Kaisermuffin, on the AARland

first AAR, ongoing: Downfall of the Reich, a germany 1944 AAR(played mostly on very hard)
    watch out for this story filled of action, adventure, treason, wild sex(not), time-travelling, wacky nazis and Portal references.

The Betting Sun, the first betting AAR in Paradox Forums! join today this addicting game!
    AwAARded with The Totally Random Productions© Cookie Which Was Given In Order To Repay Massive Gambling Debts Acquired In The Betting AAR

Defender of Democracy {LD}Firestorm's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post
    You Sir, are screwed. I suggest starting to write a peace event.
    It has already been written. It fires when I give the word at this point. But I will not fire it until I feel the situation is at a point where a treaty would be signed.

@Rommel22: Yeah, that was a HUGE amount of men lost. I wonder if the 0 infrastructure might have anything to do with it. The Germans are bombing the roads till there is nothing left.

What you mean the Axis cannot? The combined Italian-German navy would be enough to decimate any naval force I have left if they come into contact with it. It is now a race to see how much I can evacuate in what little time.

If all goes well, another update tonight for those eager to see how I deal with all this...

Oh, and be prepared to yell and scream at Cool.
    Democracy's Last Legs - USA / UK DAIM After-action report - Finished
    Democracy's Last Legs: Part II - USA After-action report - In progress - Last Updated (August-22-2010)
    Holdsteady suspense award:
    Lord Strange Cookie of British Excellence:
    Jambor Cookie of Gameplay Awesomeness:
    Hatuke-The "Impossible Overlord success" cookie:
    01/02/2009 Weekly AAR Showcase Winner
    Winner of the Q1 and Q4 2009 ACA 'Favorite HoI Narrative' award.
    And a link to 1964, a mod in development based off of Democracy's Last Legs! Open Alpha v1.2.0 is ready to download! As is v1.1.1 patch

That was bullshit. You sir, were robbed.
    Parti Jacobin Member, Le Republique

BBC Home and Forces Program – July 1st, 1953

July 1st, 1953

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. After the destruction of five Allied army groups in Guadalajara, the Allied front has been pushed back to a defensive ring around Gibraltar. Here, 68 Allied divisions are trapped as American naval vessels attempt to evacuate the besieged troops. Such evacuation efforts have been constantly hampered by heavy German and British air bombardments, as well as naval interdiction by small groups of German naval vessels. In northern Spain, 42 Allied divisions remain trapped in the mountainous region of Oviedo. With these figured, it is estimated that there are only 110 Allied divisions remaining in Europe."

"The Allied front in Norway has also been defeated. 13 divisions, led by Canadian Field Marshal Vanier, have surrendered in Narvik and have signaled an end to the Scandinavian campaign. Commander Johan of the Swedish Army accepted the surrender at 15.00 June 20th, 1953. The prisoners add to a growing number of Allied PoWs, which now total over 1.5 million over the past 12 months."

"Massive protest has been sparked from many of the Axis signatories against the recent use of nuclear weapons on the US capital of Washington. The attack took place mid-day on June 29th, and has caused further chaos in the United States mainland. Many see it as a ruthless move as the war comes to a close. The British defended the attack, saying that 'The United States must learn its place in this new world, and should now learn that the soverignty of other nations should always be respected.' "

**Cool. You bastard.**
    Democracy's Last Legs: Part II - USA After-action report - In progress - Last Updated (August-22-2010)
    And a link to 1964, a mod in development based off of Democracy's Last Legs! Open Alpha v1.2.0 is ready to download! As is v1.1.1 patch

Well, shit.
    Nationality: Yankee
    Religion: Mahayana
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Laissez Faire; Free Trade; Atheism; Pacifism; Full Citizenship.
    Cash Reserves: Low
    Militancy: 2
    Consciousness: 10

First Lieutenant

Quite a defeat. With regards to that rebellion map, its no wonder you have confederates popping up later.

Any and all troops you can evacuate at this point are vital to defending America, I suppose. Good luck with that..

If you thought that was bad...that nuke sends them apeshit.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by {LD}Firestorm View Post
    Oh, and be prepared to yell and scream at Cool.
    I'm yelling and screaming "NICE MOVE COMMANDER COOL!!!!"

It's only a matter of time now. Yes, your division have full ORG and you have a good defensive position, but your divisions are also dangerously understrength.

Will the revolution event fire now since your dissent is above 60%?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

Don't get this wrong, but I would have signed once the first nukes started falling on CONUS.
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 12/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

How nice of Cool to hammer his former ally with one of those and how convenient that the president himself, his staff, the majority of congress and house, commander Feuersturm and all the other important people were out of town hiking, right?

Deus VultFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

At this point, would the Axis even bother with peace? They could land on the shores of the US and have the entire country under control rather quickly.

Europa Universalis 3

An der schönen blauen Donau / Belgrade, Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    How nice of Cool to hammer his former ally with one of those and how convenient that the president himself, his staff, the majority of congress and house, commander Feuersturm and all the other important people were out of town hiking, right?
    After those few nukes hit east coast a while back i doubt the president and HQ would stay in D.C.

Amazing AAR btw, made me install DAIM

Quote Originally Posted by abyxwing View Post
    After those few nukes hit east coast a while back i doubt the president and HQ would stay in D.C.

Amazing AAR btw, made me install DAIM
    Perfect answer. I was going to say that

Thanks! I'm glad you like the AAR.

At this point, would the Axis even bother with peace? They could land on the shores of the US and have the entire country under control rather quickly.
    Well, what I was thinking was...after so many years of war (for Germany it is now 17 years), with the US so crippled as it is, how much support would there be for a continuation of the war on American soil? Would they really want to launch an attack on the US mainland? Or let it fall into chaos on its own?

Don't get this wrong, but I would have signed once the first nukes started falling on CONUS.
    CONUS = Continental US? I would have liked to then, but then there would not have been much of an AAR. This way, I can can still cover a large variety of events. Japan and China are still heavyweights in Asia, and what happens on CONUS should definitely be of interest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3 28 53 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 103 128 153 178 ... LastLast