• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I was originally going to be posting an update today, but got tied down writing my entry for the Hearts of Iron 3 contest. It is rather wordy compared to most my posts, and I attempted a different writing style. I should warn you that it does contain some spoilers to this AAR...as I linked it directly to it. I took their "You may write anything before the events depicted in their screens, the events during them, and the events after them" very literally ;)

I hope you all get a chance to read it, and tell me what you think of it. I have until the 5th to make any changes. You can comment on it here in this thread. I know AAR-land is filled with better writers then I, so I now someone is bound to catch something.

I might turn it into a jpeg picture to make it look like pages of a book. I'm not sure on that, but it might make is easier to distinguish between the people in the story I submitted.

Feuersturm's Hearts of Iron 3 competition submission

Someone read WW-Z ;)
I was gonna do the exact same thing, well someone beat me to it.
On the other hand,

CIVIL WAR !? CONFEDERATES !? OH CMON !

Someone read WW-Z ;)
CIVIL WAR !? CONFEDERATES !? OH CMON !

Haha, yes I did. That is where I got the idea for it :D

As for the 2nd comment...Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :p

Well, given the situation the USA is currently at in regards to rebels...there are a few events not yet covered that make you go OMG WTF.

And then you will understand how it ends up that way. Let me put it this way...

Cool made me very mad :mad:

god... so you finally lost?
:(

I am not giving out anymore spoilers :p

EPIC. This DOES mean it's game over.

I will be posting another AAR update tonight.

As for my HoI3 entry...Do you like it? Do you find something wrong with it? Anything I should consider improving? Grammar mistakes? Spelling mistakes?

Epic for sure, I don't think anyone could tell such a good AAR while losing! (and captivate such a great audience at the same time).

Thanks!

Last edited:
BBC Home and Forces Program – May 23rd, 1953

May 23rd, 1953

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. Fighting continues in central Spain as German forces gain an edge in the large battle around Guadalajara. With reserves on both sides in this region running low, the battle is reaching its climax. For several days, the Allied remnants in the area were cut off by German forces. A fierce battle ensued around the city of Albacete, which resulted in an Allied victory and reopened the supply route to the beleaguered troops. It is reported that the Allied divisions in Guadalajara are falling back, and are under heavy pressure from all sides as the German army attempts to destroy what little remains of these divisions. It has also been reported that some 60 of the 80 Allied divisions in this area are unfit for combat operations, while the Axis powers have 82 divisions that have been removed from frontline combat due to combat losses."

"In Asia, the Japanese navy has engaged the Soviet navy off of the Korean coast. The Soviet navy, which comprises of mostly early war battleships, is at a significant disadvantage to the Japanese navy, which has a aircraft carrier. Despite the advantage an aircraft carrier brings to the naval combat operations in modern sea combat, the Soviets seem to be using their mass strategy to good use, and have inflicted several losses on the Japanese navy."

ScreenSave479.jpg

ScreenSave483.jpg

ScreenSave490.jpg

ScreenSave494.jpg

ScreenSave495.jpg

**That battle in Spain was CLOSE. I thought for sure those divisions were toast. Time to pull a full retreat to the mountains around Gibraltar.**

Last edited:
On the HoI 3 AAR, it sounded a bit too enigmatic to me, I felt a bit lost (if I was reading the AAR for the first time without knowing the background), and it suited some political backstabbing in emotion more than a last stand of battle.

Holy crap 83 divs would have been one hell of a loss!! Make a real secure perimiter around Gib and weather it out while getting that dissent down

Sounds like you chewed over the Germans pretty well, but I'm wondering with your TC the way it is, can your boys move fast enough to avoid being cut off?

Are you gonna try to save nukes for a mass strike? Or go for Cool's reactor to keep nuclear monopoly?

Sounds like you chewed over the Germans pretty well, but I'm wondering with your TC the way it is, can your boys move fast enough to avoid being cut off?

I just saw the TC, it is 1562/150!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm sorry, but you are toast unless you can pull back fast enough. :(

Hm, I think the contest spoiled the AAR a bit for me. If indeed an unfavorable peace deal was negotiated (I assume through the regular HoI-event, that implies a succesful british/german invasion of America?) and the Confeds not only managed to form but will also be about to reach Chicago afterwards....that takes a lot of the suspense out of the game.

I'll admit that I rooted for Germany throughout this war under the assumption that the poor AI always gets tricked and beaten by the player in the end, but now...I'm almost sorry to see you lose so badly.

Ah, well, at this point does it really matter anymore that you have to supply your troops? Wouldn't you be in a way better shape if you'd just put all your IC into consumer goods to bring the dissent down and to hell with all your defeated and useless armies? 0,2 dissent reduction a day means it would still take you over 270 days to reach zero, but at least you'll be able to actually do something afterwards!

Edit: Oh, and about the nuclear monopoly: Will the Germany-AI rebuild its reactors eventually or was that a one-time deal even with DAIM?

@Dáin: I am sorry I spoiled it for you :(. I am not sure if the Germans will rebuild their reactors, I have a feeling they will but I am not sure.

If indeed an unfavorable peace deal was negotiated (I assume through the regular HoI-event, that implies a succesful british/german invasion of America?)

There are several ways how the situation unfolds. I figured enough in the AAR pointed to the events depicted in the contest one I would not be spoiling much. (Example: Lack of transports, high TC, high dissent, ect.) I will keep what I say to a minimum about how the next series of events unfolds. Do not forget we still have an Asia theater we get to cover. Right there are two high-IC powers (been higher in Ic then me for awhile) that can continue the war on.

@frigidmagi: A race to fall back, yes. Half those troops have been moving for 15 days now, the rest just started moving today. As for the nukes, even if I nuke London, the reactors remain. He can just rebuild them. I'm saving for a massive strike.

@Ciryandor: Thanks for you opinion :). Best to get differing points of views on it. I'll read it over and see if there is a better way of wording some of the stuff in there, or making it more clear.