• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why is Germany's IC so high? Is the AI immne to nuke-derived dissent or something, because they've taken far more nukes than the US has.

Ah, if only you hadn't nuked Moscow back in the day, how differant things would be now.

Love this AAR...

How do you make use of the tiny IC of yours at the moment? And how does Germany spend her IC?

@Merlowe: Haha thanks.

@thatguy: I'm not sure. AI maybe has a bonus to removing dissent?

@Austria Hungary: What??

@All: Hopefully another update today.

Germans and Italians took everything there. Most of it was evacuated when Britain switched sides. I managed to escape most of my troops across to France.

@thatguy: I'm not sure. AI maybe has a bonus to removing dissent?

The vanilla difficulty.csv says

Code:
CATEGORY;VERYEASY;EASY;NORMAL;HARD;VERYHARD;BLANK;X
[...]
HUMAN;;;;;;;X
[...]
DISSENT;40;20;0;-20;-40;;X
[...]
AI;;;;;;;X
[...]
DISSENT;-10;0;20;40;80;;X
So it looks like the AI does get a dissent bonus (even on normal o_O). I don't know what 40 means, but it sounds like a lot =p

Ah, I did not know that. Thanks!

Oh, I'm writing the next update as we speak just so you all know.

BBC Home and Forces Program – May 18th, 1953

May 18th, 1953

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. The Allied salient in central Spain continues to cause hardships for the Axis advance. Armored battles in the regions around Guadalajara continue to deplete both Axis and Allied reserves. Despite the use of their absolute air superiority, German forces have been unable to break the Allied lines at Guadalajara. However, to the north, German forces have encircled some 200,000 Allied troops in approximately 30 divisions in the mountainous regions around Oviedo. This comes after British and German mechanized units broke through the main Allied line and pushed deep into occupied Portugal."

"In Sweden, the brilliant attacks made by the Swedish Commander, Johan, have resulted in catastrophic defeat for the Allied cause. Here, Allied units are rapidly retreating to Narvik in an attempt to escape encirclement."

"In the United States, battles are raging on around the desert city of Las Vegas. 20,000 freedom fighters have been defending the city from American attacks, which has brought some terrifying action to this once quiet city."

ScreenSave471.jpg

ScreenSave472.jpg

ScreenSave473.jpg

ScreenSave475.jpg

ScreenSave477.jpg

ScreenSave478.jpg

**The battle rages on. The troops in the north are safe...for now. Fully organized, dug in, and in mountains.**

Last edited:
Niggles:

Las Vegas was a sleepy stopover during the 1940-50s, not a glittering gambling haven as it is now.
Gibraltar SHOULD hold, else you're screwed.

And the AI dissent bonus means they're x% faster at removing dissent.

{LD}Firestorm said:
The troops in the north are safe...for now. Fully organized, dug in, and in mountains

Yeah, but with a 4 sided axis of attack, and with what looks like a vertiable asston of Axis troops around them, one or two massive attacks (ie 90 vs 30) could end it all :(

Commander Johan:rofl:
what's going on up there? (northern front)

Commander Johan:rofl:
what's going on up there? (northern front)

Uh...I'm missing a screenshot. I will upload it.

@Ciryandor: I fixed the Las Vegas thing :D

You are in trouble still, but if you ca hold a defensive line, manufacture some nukes, you could force a reasonable peace. Winning without any conditions is impossible i fear.

@Austria Hungary: No time limit patch is obligatory.
And at this AAR, I still await my honorary nuke fired at Berlin. Cookies aren't free you know. ;)

@LordSlowPoke: Why would I nuke it a second time? Waste of a nuke if you ask me :D

Well, I was originally going to be posting an update today, but got tied down writing my entry for the Hearts of Iron 3 contest. It is rather wordy compared to most my posts, and I attempted a different writing style. I should warn you that it does contain some spoilers to this AAR...as I linked it directly to it. I took their "You may write anything before the events depicted in their screens, the events during them, and the events after them" very literally ;)

I hope you all get a chance to read it, and tell me what you think of it. I have until the 5th to make any changes. You can comment on it here in this thread. I know AAR-land is filled with better writers then I, so I now someone is bound to catch something.

I might turn it into a jpeg picture to make it look like pages of a book. I'm not sure on that, but it might make is easier to distinguish between the people in the story I submitted.

Feuersturm's Hearts of Iron 3 competition submission

Last edited: