• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BBC Home and Forces Program – February 14th, 1953

February 14th, 1953

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. Caen has fallen to British and German forces in the latest Axis offensive which took place along the entire French front. Despite the speed of the advance, the majority of Allied forces, including all American forces, in the northern pocket managed to escape along the Atlantic coast or by naval evacuation. The naval evacuation of American forces from the northern French coast was costly to the Allied armies, as German aircraft launched heavy day and night raids on the evacuating fleet. Over the course of several days, two battleships were sunk and three heavily damaged. A carrier was knocked out of action, but managed to escape under its own power."

"To the south, over 1 million men in 97 divisions have been trapped in a pocket at Marseilles. Here, German forces managed to cut off the retreat to Spain by pushing to the coast. However, the large Allied force attempted to break out, attacking with the brunt of its available forces around the coastal city of Nimes. In the chaotic engagement, German forces lost two infantry divisions and a significant portion of mechanized transport in the area. However, the arrival of 28 British divisions turned the tide of the battle stopped the break out. Several attempts were then made to destroy the pocket, but were later called off after running into heavy fights along the defensive rings around Marseilles."

"In the United States, discontent continues to rise. The northern industrial regions around the Great Lakes were captured recently by bands of freedom fighters, as well as some key oil-producing regions in the south. Much of the Californian coast has been occupied by the rebellions, and there is rumor that many south-eastern states are expected to join the uprising."

ScreenSave409.jpg

ScreenSave415.jpg

ScreenSave416.jpg

ScreenSave417.jpg

**Freaking damn rebels. They are everywhere. On another note, my evacuation of the northern French pocket was nothing short of a miracle. I can only hope I can do the same with southern France. TC is making moving troops slow, while German panzers move faster then I can keep track of.**

Last edited:
Shouldn't that nuke to Munich've shaved off about 20 dissent?

A well, if not you can take solice in the fact that Germany's dissent probably isn't much better.

It SHOULD HAVE, but I don't know why it didn't >_>

Peace? NEVER.

Well, I am trying. They don't seem to keen now that they are winning.

I can turn the tide...I can turn the tide...I must...

Winning against Germany? Impossible!

That goes against Rule 1 of Paradox Forums

I think I need to go talk to Stalin. Er...I think its Beria now.

brb.

no, at above 60. he's almost there...

although it would mean that democracy loses out in this timeline :p

great update, giving some good overviews of both actions and theatres.
(regarding your previous update: that river is a good line to hold in china.

Subscribed.

California almost has enough provinces to seceed so that's probably going to happen one way or another.

I'm still amazed that the Germans managed to fight you back from Berlin. At least you took out the nuclear reactors. The dissent is actually quite realistic, which is nice. First the nukes and now you're being pushed back into the Channel. But fight on.

i can turn the tide... i can turn the tide...
well, firestorm is The Little Gamer that could.

@rule_them_all: :rofl:

@Juan_de_Marco: That has been the plan for the time being. It is working pretty well.

@CaptRobau: I am aware of the threat that poses. That is the last thing I need. The Canadian divisions I have in USA can't get all these revolts fast enough!

Sigh...indeed that does seem to be the situation.

I am killing divisions that are low on strength, but the Axis keep replacing them. Meanwhile, I cannot replace my own.

BBC Home and Forces Program – April 2nd, 1953

April 2nd, 1953

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. Axis forces have reached the 'Pyrenees Line', as it is now being called by Allied soldiers. After being chased out of France by pursuing German forces, the Allied armies have regrouped along the Pyrenees mountain range along the Spanish-French border. It is here that Allied troops are attempting to dig in to attempt to stop the flood of German troops that have so far seen endless victories since the initial offensive outside of Berlin. Despite the best efforts made by the German armies, most of the Allied forces in southern France were evacuated to the Spanish mainland. The attack on the evacuating forces was hindered when several British divisions delayed, or in some cases refused, in attacking the Marseilles pocket. Several officers have been detained and are expected to be put on trial later this week."

"This is also a time for German and British forces to regain some organization and allow the supply lines to catch up. The constant fighting that took place over the course of the entire winter has taken its toll on both sides. Attrition rates from exposure on both sides have increase ten-fold. However, the Axis armies are better equipped to handle the increased figure, as the flow of supplies does not have to be shipped across an ocean."

"In Africa, British and German forces have been stopped temporarily outside of the Algerian capital of Algiers. The remaining Allied units in Africa are attempting to hold the port long enough for evacuation. When German units take this port, the remaining Allied armies will be forced to evacuate from coastal beaches in west Africa."

"The Soviet armies in Korea have managed to achieve a breakthrough along the Korean front after months of being caught down in a vicious battle along the northern mountain ranges. Here, Soviet armies have captured the Korean city of Wosan and managed to push to Seoul. Just south of Korea, we have received reports of a large naval engagement between the Soviet navy and the Japanese navy. The Japanese navy was intercepted after attempting to reinforce the Korean peninsula with fresh forces from the mainland. Early reports indicate a Soviet naval victory, and that the Japanese fleet was forces to turn back."

ScreenSave423.jpg

ScreenSave424.jpg

ScreenSave426.jpg

ScreenSave427.jpg

ScreenSave431.jpg

ScreenSave432.jpg

**I managed to evacuate southern France. WOW!!!!**