• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BBC Home and Forces Program – November 12th, 1952

November 12th, 1952

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. In North Africa, our victorious armies have forced the 120,000 Canadian soldiers trapped along the Mediterranean Coast to lay down their arms and surrender. In the Middle East, British and German divisions stopped a breakout attempt of 145,000 Allied divisions pushing towards the Mediterranean coast. German armies have attacked the Allied line in Germany along several places, forcing American divisions to retreat north and south. The retreat is hardly organized, however, as American divisions were quoted as ‘tucking their tails and running’."

"The first shipment of German aid arrived today in the Channel port of Dover. The aid was heavily guarded by British military police as lines of hungry civilians stretched for what seemed to be miles. German aircraft has also been deployed to the British mainland to intercept any attacks American aircraft may make on our cities."

"In Asia, China’s armies have been defeated as Soviet troops begin to crack the main defensive line that has been held for several months now. Soviet aircraft have decimated Allied supply networks, and have inflicted severe casualties on the retreating troops. With the entire Allied airforce combating in the European theatre, the Soviet pilots have little to fear with their total air superiority."

ScreenSave352.jpg

ScreenSave353.jpg

ScreenSave354.jpg

ScreenSave356.jpg

ScreenSave358.jpg

ScreenSave360.jpg

ScreenSave361.jpg

**I have no comment this time. Just this: :(**

Wow...I actually think that it's just bloody over at this point. Even with a peace, the combined power of Germany and its puppets is too formidable for you to ever overcome, barring an alliance with the Soviets which will probably not be forthcoming.

Yeah, it does not look to pleasant at the moment.

You guys get 3 more updates over the next 5 days. After that, there will be no updates for 3 weeks. :(

Why? I'm off to a trip in Europe :)

Oddly enough, some British divisions stayed on my side under my control. One of them is commanded by Alexander. lol.

Last edited:
Heh, have a fun European tour. Maybe you can visit the battlefields of your AAR! :p

Alright. definately strategically redeploy the Europe Army to Spain and wait for those ICBMs to come online.

Also, is it true with nukes that if you nuke a national province of a nation that previously nuked you, don't you lose the original nuke dealt you?

Also, is it true with nukes that if you nuke a national province of a nation that previously nuked you, don't you lose the original nuke dealt you?

Lose what?

I don't see how you can ever pull a victory out of this... at all. Your IC is almost non existent due to the dissent, you have your country revolting. You need to send troops back home, combat the partisans and bring your dissent down.

Thus you get your IC back up and rebuilt and re-launch an offensive and an invasion. Or focus on ICMBs and take revenge on the Axis and the backstabbers, I think that maybe the best course of action.

Common dude you're the USA!!

Dont let your guys down man! look at alexander, his country fights now on the German side and hes still on your Side!

Again, what happens if Mexico, Panama and these countries joins you? the Argentina empire is from Tierra del Fuego to Brasil or what?

Fire is trying to hold :p He is making an orderly retreat, but we will see how this develops.

Regarding Europe- it is true you cant pull out due to a lack of TPs, but you posess the finest navy in the world, dont you? If you cant withdraw, you can at least prevent enemies from getting into your country. Pulling out even 10 or so divisions into America could be considered a victory, sufficient to help suppress partisans.

From there, you could deal with the south american axis while nuking europe, as was said?

I would think making london the first target would seem to be in order. :)

One advice: Give to Spain a province with VP far away of the hands of the Axis, because if Spain is annexed, you will lost all the spanish divisions.

Common dude you're the USA!!

Dont let your guys down man! look at alexander, his country fights now on the German side and hes still on your Side!

Again, what happens if Mexico, Panama and these countries joins you? the Argentina empire is from Tierra del Fuego to Brasil or what?

Yes, as I forgot to mention and will put in my next update, some British divisions remained loyal. Strange was it was, I cannot explain why they did. Even the British Alexander remained loyal to the American cause. I found that entertaining :p.

Going through my divisions...I was like, oh? I don't remember seeing you.

From there, you could deal with the south american axis while nuking europe, as was said?

I do believe South America would be even more costly than Europe. Jungle, low infra, attrition, and 100 divisions on the defense seems like a horrible prospect. But then again, it is a shorter distance to USA and they are unlikely to match my aircraft with much unless Germany sends over stuff.

One advice: Give to Spain a province with VP far away of the hands of the Axis, because if Spain is annexed, you will lost all the spanish divisions.

Too gamey for my tastes. I have seen that done online too many times. If Spain should fall, I doubt many would fight after that. Another interesting note: Some Spanish divisions were fighting some Spanish Expeditionary Forces Britain controlled in Africa.