• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Am I the only one who doesnt hate Cool now? :p

UK stopped fighting but tell me how do you suppose an island coutry that was turned to a wasteland to still fight?

Even if it wasnt a coup its imo natural that he bailed out while he still could. I dont approve it. Just understand it.

(BTW Cool could keep playing. Even against the US. It would be fun to read)

I'm fine with cool.

I just want to know what exactly caused him to defect.

Anyone who's bitching at cool, and calling him a "lamer" obviously doesn't realize that Cool is simply doing what he needs to do to stay alive.

Good idea...if cool take control of Germany:rolleyes:

Well, if this was a coup, then we wouldn't be having this lamer discussion right? That's out of cool's control anyhow.

And possibly ruining the AAR in the process while simultaneously destroying any semblance of historical realism.

As opposed to making yourself a peace event by fiat?

This is an exciting new direction for the game to take.
And I wonder, why is everyone so dead set against the ai winning?

If it was "I peaced germany by event, built up nukes, killed SU, then cleaned house"..wouldent that seem a little hollow to you?

I for one support Cool's decision.

As opposed to making yourself a peace event by fiat?

This is an exciting new direction for the game to take.
And I wonder, why is everyone so dead set against the ai winning?

If it was "I peaced germany by event, built up nukes, killed SU, then cleaned house"..wouldent that seem a little hollow to you?

I for one support Cool's decision.

The AI isn't going to win, though. The second Cool enters on the AI's side, this is just a multiplayer AAR where Cool happens to have very strong allies.

Also, you'll notice I was also saying that making peace with Germany by event would be silly and somewhat unrealistic, but seeing how things have turned there's no need to worry about historical accuracy anyway.

Oh well, it's Fire's game.

I don't think Cool owes us, a bunch of strangers reading an AAR written by the other guy he's playing with, much of an explanation. In fact I would go so far as to say he doesn't owe us a damn thing. We, the readers, have no claim on him.

I did howl over the UK joining Germany because it doesn't seem likely that the survivors of the UK are going to want to join up with the power that has slain millions of their fellows, or turn on the US for them. But that's just me.

And possibly ruining the AAR in the process while simultaneously destroying any semblance of historical realism.

How would it ruin the AAR? If ANYTHING, it's just made things more interesting. Now Fire is going to have to deal with, basically, a three-front war. I don't see how that's not interesting.

And honestly? I will never understand why people want a "historically accurate game". I mean, yeah, sure, it might be nice to play a squad-level or division-level or similar strategy game based off of historical battles, but I simply don't see how it'd be fun to play as Germany in a Grand Strategy game and intentionally make yourself lose WWII just for the sake of being "historically accurate".

Personally, when I play Paradox games, I look for the absolutely craziest scenarios that could've ever happened. That's what makes the games fun, IMO. Seeing completely new scenarios work themselves out.

How would it ruin the AAR? If ANYTHING, it's just made things more interesting. Now Fire is going to have to deal with, basically, a three-front war. I don't see how that's not interesting.

And honestly? I will never understand why people want a "historically accurate game". I mean, yeah, sure, it might be nice to play a squad-level or division-level or similar strategy game based off of historical battles, but I simply don't see how it'd be fun to play as Germany in a Grand Strategy game and intentionally make yourself lose WWII just for the sake of being "historically accurate".

Personally, when I play Paradox games, I look for the absolutely craziest scenarios that could've ever happened. That's what makes the games fun, IMO. Seeing completely new scenarios work themselves out.

As the authors of an ahistoric AAR, we completely agree :)

I like Cool's decision to side with Germany, as it makes the game more interesting. What worries me though is that I think you've reached a stage in the game where nuclear warfare will simply stop any chance at advancing: If you retreat now and nuke later, Germany retaliates, and you'll be able to make some moderate gains before Germany manages to fire another nuke, and the entire thing starts all over again. This will continue untill either side has simply zero manpower to fight with, and you'll stalemate. If anything, I don't think that it is feasible to win this game at this point, unless you find a way to stop German nuke production.

We beefed the AI up too in the Channel Pact, and didn't notice anything at first, but we're starting to feel the heat now ('44) aswell, as we suddenly find that Canada is fielding at least 150 divisions and smashing ridicoulous warfleets into us, the US has over 40 carriers and one thousand divisions and Brazil has each coastal province foritifed with at least 20 divisions. We're watching our enemy closely to prevent it from developing nukes, or else we're royally screwed. Then again, we have three continents and their industry under our control, while Firestorm has nothing. The AI will never cross the Atlantic, so I fear this AAR might be ending in a stalemate.

Why did the Brits betray their buddies in USA? Well, I guess their computer had finally calculated how much the Americans owe them for the tea thrown into the sea during Boston tea party (inflation and insult adjusted), but the Yanks won't pay up... :)

Is it really Player vs Player + AI Juggernaut + Soviets? At first I thought Cool got fed up with being bottom/nuke feeder and took over some other country, but obviously that's not the case.

Oh no! Perfidous Albion!
What's the Cool's comment on all this?
Any chance to actually make a peace with the Axis?
All bad...

When we (At least I) talk about "historically accurate" it means "logical". I think neffron says that if your country has been nuked at the 90% is strange to change the side and fight against your old friends allied with the fucking bastard who destroyed your country. In my opinion it isn't too strange, well, in OTL Japan did something similar (With less destruction).

Your example isn't a good example. Germany can win WWII without been "ilogical" or "ahistorical", but a "World conquest AAR" is very "ahistorical" or "ilogical".

PS: I am a fan of "historical ahistorical AARs". :p

What happens if all the Caribean countries joins you? a wave of Argentinians will invade the USA? i wanna see that man!

Cool!! this could awesome if it was in HoI3! goverment in exile man!

BBC Home and Forces Program – November 1st, 1952

November 1st, 1952

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. British troops in the southern French city of Marseilles have been disarmed by Spanish divisions remaining loyal to the American cause. Along the mainfront in Germany, things look more pleasant for our armies. American troops are being caught between the advancing German armies and British divisions that lay in their rear."

"Many call the British decision to switch sides as unethical and self-centered. Those people who make such accusations have not spent a single day in the shoes of the average British citizen. Famine. Disease. Death. These are only some of the hardships faced by the British population. The wide spread civil terror by bands of lawless criminals plagued any effort made by our weak former government. This pact with German will bring an end to all the problems faced by Britain. No more bombings, no more nuclear attacks. No threat of invasion, which grew even larger as the German armies again approached the English Channel. Where the British soldiers were relied upon heavily by the American armies, and in some cases used as a ‘meatshield’, this is not the case with Germany. The German government has recognized the hardships that the British population has faced, and said specifically it will be delegated a secondary role away from much of the fighting."

"The German government has authorized several thousand tons of aid to be shipped to the British mainland to help ease the widespread starvation and disease that has gripped the island. This shipment of aid has been looked down upon by several officials in the German office, including Hitler, as many still view the British as their enemy. The aid was pushed through by several high-ranking officials in the German government sympathetic to the plight of the British civilians. Such officials include von Bock, Stauffenburg, and the infamous German field marshal Erwin Rommel. The officials saw the approaching winter, and made plights to change Hitler's policy. Only under this pressure did Hitler cave, and it was a rare show of policy change not seen since the beginning of the war."

ScreenSave335.jpg

ScreenSave336.jpg

ScreenSave337.jpg

ScreenSave338.jpg

ScreenSave339.jpg

ScreenSave340.jpg

ScreenSave342.jpg

**Hmm...I lost 9 divisions in southern Italy, and over 30 Allied divisions are trapped in various locations in Africa and the Middle East. Look at Europe. I am f**ked. I will attempt to evacuate what I can to a more defensible location. If I evacuate with less than 20 divisions lost, I deserve another cookie. lol.**

My advice: Take Gibraltar if the Spanish haven't already and pull everything back to the Pyrenees (sp?), and build forts. Lots of Forts.