• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
as Hatuke said the troops were retreating form Norwich and I am assuming that he withdrew the troops from Blackpool to force the Germans out of Glasgow.

(and could you please stop critising the players and just enjoy the AAR)

Tommy4ever is correct. He did move forces north to take the Glasgow landing out, then the Germans landed after he withdrew. The British were forced to retreat from Norwich. The landings were all beaten within a week.

As for Delex, its not very helpful to criticize Cool all the time. For such a limited industrial base, he is doing well. Not to mention the U-boats are strangling trade between me and him, his resource stocks are beginning to drop now.

Germans, with 500IC, are focusing heavily on Navy now. With an already large land army (if i remember correctly...500 infantry and somewhere along the lines of 40 panzer divisions), they need not focus much on land. As for me, I need to build air, ground and navy up, with a lot less IC then Germany has. Oh, and Germany has started building the Atlantic wall. Italy has also been building seaforts on all its beaches in the Med. And for some unknown reason, Vichy is as well, albeit at a slower pace.

Needless to say, Operation Overlord won't be commencing this year. I don't have nearly enough troops to cover an Invasion of France, the Invasion of China, and the defense of India.

Hey Firey, I like the style and it is truly an interesting read. I've been following along for a little bit now and it is definitely a good read.

~Hawk

@ Hawkeye1489: Thanks

And for everyone else, if there are any questions that I don't cover in the news reports, fell free to ask. I'm in the process of writing two more AAR posts up, should be up within half an hour. The two will come with 7 screenshots, so more eye candy!.

maybe you can sell a province from the UK to the USA, i think that you would supply your own troops then. not sure tough xD but i think that you would transport in your own supplies in stead of britains

CBS World News - January 9th, 1944 - April 7th, 1944

March 9th, 1944 - April 7th, 1944

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. John Daly will speak to you today on the recent events occurring in India. Also, Commander Feuersturm will be in the studio today to comment further on what has happened recently. After that, we will be covering the dangers faced by our brave sailors who brave the Atlantic days on end to keep Britain in the war”

“Good evening Americans and thank you for listening. The war in India and Persia has reached a perilous state as Allied troops battle Germans from the west and the Japanese from the east.

“Thank you John Daly. It is true, things have not be going favorably. British troops in Persia are in a fighting retreat, as the German army presses closer and closer to the fortress at Karachi. The units stationed in Karachi have moved north to take the mountain passes in Afghanistan before the Germans reach their floundering allies. These mountain passes will server as great defensive ground when the German troops finally reach it.”

“In east India, the Japanese have been pouring troops through the break in the Allied lines. American and British troops have been hammering away at the forward units attempting to stop any further Japanese gains. This has had some noticeable effect, and for now the Japanese seem delayed. But now, I must depart,, as I am expected to depart for India tomorrow morning and have some stuff to do.”

“Thank you Commander Feuersturm, and best of luck to you and your men”

“Situations in other parts of the world are continuing to degrade. In the Atlantic, convoys are being sunk at an alarming rate. India is suffering from extreme supply problems; it is now effecting the battle situations in India. Artillery shells are is short supply, as are men and equipment. Food is being rationed, which is easing the situation somewhat. Britain’s raw material base is also dwindling, as convoys carrying goods to their mainland continue to be sunk. One convoy was reported to have been hit by 36 U-boat just east of the Azores. This has caught the attention of military commanders of both Britain and the USA, who will undoubtedly move resources to counter this threat….”

ScreenSave37.jpg

ScreenSave38.jpg

maybe you can sell a province from the UK to the USA, i think that you would supply your own troops then. not sure tough xD but i think that you would transport in your own supplies in stead of britains

We had thought of that, but you are unable to sell core provinces, sadly.

CBS World News - May 21st, 1944

May 21st, 1944

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. John Daly will speak to you today on the military news from India this evening, and Turkey’s recent decision to join the Axis powers. After which, we will have a special report written from and American soldier from the front lines in India.”

“Hello and thank you for listening. Over the past month, Allied troops in India have been fighting inch for inch in a two front war against the Japanese and the German armies. The Japanese have been fighting aggressively, and have pushed the Allied units from the eastern fortifications in India completely. The Allied units are now on a complete retreat westwards towards the Karachi fortress. Rumors have spread that the Allied mission in India will be evacuated.”

“We were falling back in a way that we could hardly call organized. We followed down through the lone road, snaking around the debris that littered the area. Burnt out tanks, shells of some mechanized transport, human waste and garbage strewn around. Along the side, we passed thousands of men asleep, British and American alike; only to find out they were not. Food rations are at an all time low, and many have starved to death. It was too much for some men, I’ve had a few suicides in my unit over the past few days. Behind us, the dull thud of artillery grew louder, encouraging our men to pick up the pace. I feel sorry for the ones about to be caught in that artillery."

"Back at the forts in east India the Brits had seemed spiteful towards us; they had often asked why we took so long to enter the war. But now, there was acceptance, as we bore the burden of covering the retreat. Does our government feel our live are more expendable? This war seems more and more bleak. We had a downed Spitfire pilot come blundering across our path, the poor soul. He had been in the air when the Germans launched their attack towards the safe haven of Karachi, which was where we were headed. He said that the front had been broken, and now the Canadians to the north were being risk cut off, and that German panzers had broken through and were racing eastwards. He said it was now a race against time to reach the safe ports. Supposedly some British units have reached Bombay and were beginning to dig in there. However, the race of the panzers was suggesting that going to Karachi would be suicidal. Patton, are army group leader, has made the decision to attempt to reach Bombay. He said that with Karachi in danger and our army group on dwindling supplies, chances are an attack to Karachi would result in our capture. We must hurry now, if we are to make it to Bombay. Its times like these I truly wonder whose side God is on…..”

“That was a report from a commander on the front lines in India.”

“In other parts of the world, important matters have been coming into play. Turkey has announced that it will take part in the struggle on the side of Germany. This was obviously motivated by the fact that Turkey is surrounded on three sides by Axis powers. In China, things have taken a more positive note. A two pronged invasion of Occupied China has so far been successful. Limited opposition against the American troops has been pushed aside, and troops advanced towards Shanghai and the interior of China…”

ScreenSave40.jpg

ScreenSave45.jpg

German West Wall and Atlantic Wall
ScreenSave42.jpg

Italian and Vichy coastal fortifications
ScreenSave43.jpg

Hope you can get your troops out of India.

That invaision of China looks a good move, I'd suggest you not push any further east when/if China falls as you dont want to have to fight any more Germansin Asia, the Japanese could act as a buffer.

That is exactly what we plan to do :)

We have around 80 divisions to evacuate from India. Japan has something like 60 facing us, and Germany about 80 divisions if I remember correctly. That freaking German armor is giving us a headache.

you need to do an amphibous invasion of persia from the gulf and cut off german panzers and then destroy the divisions in the trap

Jerries are fortune tellers and they predicted operation Lion :D Yet....What about Spain and/or Portugal? Might be worth a try to dent the fortress.

Daim ai.

I downloaded DAIM just because of this AAR (they weren't this good, tho.)

Turkey joins Axis? I saw 'em join Allies while surronded from all sides by SU in Third World War, but that's new to me.

I'm used to DAIM being pretty hard, but I've never seen it like this. This is rough, I'd have never expected those countries to join the war. I didn't even think it was possible for ai, DAIM or not, to be able to kick the crap out of two human players...I figure its just fluke chance for things to turn out this way.

Seems the situation is getting rather dire for our friends across the pond...at least there is one bright spot...a rather small one, but one nonetheless. With Jerries' push through Persia and into India is the French coast or even the Spanish Border weak enough for a push into Vichy and Occupied France? Sweep around those forts on the coast to prove the French never learn ;) Nice update.

~Hawk

Hi there. Firestorm and Cool, I wanted to say that I have been watching your AAR closely and am fascinated by it. I also wanted to thank the both of you for sharing this game with us, and dropping in for comments.

You two have or had a beautiful game going there, I think we all (I sure am) are a little envious at such an epic struggle. One question, I only used stony road mod some time ago, and recently have been playing with World in Flames mod. By your knowledge, which mod offers the biggest challenge and intelligence of AI? DAIM or WiF?