• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This doesn't bode well at all, the only way I see victory achievable is if you can weather the short term difficulties in order to exploit your nuclear monopoly, if you can't do that.... :(

Italy isn't annexed yet, methinks. However, it would be ahistorical to have two Italies, one on each side of the conflict.

On the French forces, unless I'm mistaken, there is no longer a single piece of land in the world that is French. I doubt they can help without production capacity or money. Getting Continental France up and running soon, before German forces reach it and make troop production there impossible, would a good way to obtain at least a meager wall of cannon fodder to stall the Germans for a day or two.

If I may make a strategic assessment, I think that the reason you suffer so much now, among a great deal of others reasons, is that you relied too much on the US and the UK's capacities alone and forgot to take into account that Allies need as many nations up and running producing as high tech as possible troops to stand a chance.

Occidental strength has always rested in our technological superiority over our foes. In all History, the West has rarely managed to make a war of attrition work in our favor against Eastern nations. We have almost always relied on decisive battles where our technological, tactical or strategic superiority could be brought to bear to full effectiveness. Sharing technology with other allies would be a good idea to bring them up to your level, so they can at least stand a chance.

Of course, I'm speaking from an historical perspective, and with a lack of experience in the game. So I could very well be wrong in my assessment.

Is that Norway up and running? If so Good! Odds are they can start adding divisions of their own.

Yep :) I forgot to put that actually in the news text, oh well. Most people might catch it, but I will put it in the text below the screens.

Jesus christ. Maybe you can win?

We had better. Cool has started withdrawing some units from the front. He had better bring them back soon....

I must admit, it WOULD be amusing if democracy was ultimately undone due to friction between the two players. I'm sure it will be fine, though. It's good to see Norway rolling. Even if they only give you 3 or 4 divisions, that's more than you have now. On a side note, once Sweden falls, would an amphibious assault behind German lines be plausible, or do they rule the Baltic? If you could establish a beachhead near Berlin, it could be your version of Inchon.

Firestorm, just a thing about your music mod:
it is awesome but i think it would be much better if you added the imperial march and Duel of the fates (star wars music)

I played a peaceful German game to see what late tech units were like, it's 1949 and I already have like 8 nukes ready to go, plus almost 80 ballistic missles. So you're lucky that Germany waited to build strat bombers and didn't have almost 20 nukes by 1951.

Firestorm, just a thing about your music mod:
it is awesome but i think it would be much better if you added the imperial march and Duel of the fates (star wars music)

I actually have those on my pc. You might be right, I should add them in the next time I play to see how it turns out.

Last night I practically fell asleep studying, so I totally missed updating it (the AAR). I shall do that today.

I actually have those on my pc. You might be right, I should add them in the next time I play to see how it turns out.

Last night I practically fell asleep studying, so I totally missed updating it (the AAR). I shall do that today.
The imperial march is part of my german war score. It rocks, sets the perfect mood after danzig.

BBC Home and Forces Program – October 1st, 1952

October 1st, 1952

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. The British military withdrawal is now in full swing. In areas along the entire European front, British military units have begun disengaging and pulling back. The RAF made its final appearance over German skies yesterday before re-basing back in Britain. Many suspect that the British withdrawal is the precursor to a full withdrawal from the war, which would mean peace with Germany and its allies."

"American, Canadian, and Spanish soldiers have acted with disgust. British divisions pulling out of the main lines were pelted with waste, stones, and were not treated with any respect. American diplomats have been trying over the past few days to change the British course of action, but it is well accepted by many now that the situation will not change. America and the remaining countries in the Allied pact will be fighting this war alone."

"In Europe, the main battle seems to be focused around the German city of Dresden. As many would recall, this was the key focus of many battles through 1948 and 1949. Again, this region has become the key point in the battle between the Allied and Axis armies. Little remains of this stretch of land, with hundreds of square kilometers razed and in ruin. Despite its ruin, its significance lies in its location in the dead center between the largest concentrations of troops deployed in the war. In Africa, Allied advances are minor and have not resulted in any significant gains against Axis forces."

"Dissent in the southern American states continues to grow. Two politicians, Richard Leche and Earl Long, delivered a speech to a crowd of several thousand in the American city of Richmond. Here is a brief excerpt of the speech that was given."

"Our young men are bleeding and dying by the million fold on foreign lands and shores, and are doing so for foreign goals and benefits. While they burn in the fires of Europe and Asia for empires that are already dead in the dust our children, our old and our women starve on rations cut to the bone. For what reason do we send our boys to fight, other than to die? For what reason do millions only return as cold still bodies in coffins if the mourners are lucky? What is to America who rules the lands of wrecked and ruined Europe? What is to us who rules the wastes of sinful old Asia?"

"Meanwhile, do our factories produce clothes for the cold? Medicine for the sick? Do we rebuild our ruined cities? No! They produce only the implements of death! Every bullet made, every tanks, rifle, jet and bomb represent a thief from us! It means a mouth unfed! A back uncovered! A loved one uncared for! For over a decade we have bleed and died! We have strung our children on a Cross of Iron for the protection of foreign empires and kings! It feeds the ambition of a new class, of hardened generals and cold eyed business men. Men who care not the suffering their power brings. If we care for our freedom, we must end this war. If we care for our children, we must end this war. If we care for ourselves, we must end this war!"

ScreenSave307.jpg

ScreenSave309.jpg

ScreenSave313.jpg

ScreenSave315.jpg

ScreenSave316.jpg

ScreenSave319.jpg

**Again, thank frigidmagi for the speech at the end. His writing is able to capture real emotion :). You can expect to see more of his writing. COOL WTF! NO! #$%!**

Last edited:
Great update, the way the war is being conducted and the style of writing really captures the desperation, detestation and hopelessness in this war. The course of events seems true to life, the British withdrawing their troops due to shortage of manpower, material and the will to fight on. It all seems so hopeless right now, not to mention the dissent back in the US.

I am curious is to see where this goes, and your reaction is priceless, "WTF?". :rofl:

The British withdrawal does make sense, Britain always had a significant population over the age of 50 and with many high population centers destroyed; there would simply be no men left to fight.

As soon as you can, I'd love to see how the revolters are doing all over the place.