• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Worst comes to worst, they could put absolutely all their troops into those three Spanish-French border provinces :p
And wait for the inevitable naval invasions that would follow with all the AI troops freed up.

Germany cannot create any more nukes. It'll take at least a year to rebuild the reactors assuming they can pull 50 IC from anywhere to do so. Build up the nuke stockpile, get 3 or 4 ICBMs built and reign down death in one big blow, just like the damn Nazi's showed us.

Well I meant leave Coastal troops too, of course.

And the possibility has been raised (By me ;)) that Germany might've gotten to 10 reactors and put some more elsewhere, as DAIM allows, just being 'that guy' :D

This is not looking good, I think the liberation of Europe is over. You should start setting up a defensive line on the French border or use your remaining transports to get as much of your army out of Europe. I hate to be a pessimist, but it seems hopeless.

This AAR is amazing btw, have yet to see such a suspenseful campaign, with such detestation and struggle for survival. For once I am rooting for the player, not AI. Usually the players steamroll the AI, sometimes with some difficulty, but this time it is different, very different.

Without exploits or cheating, I do not see how you can pull of a victory. Possible a peace of some sort, but not a victory.

One thing you can try is to slowly abandon Europe, withdraw your troops as fast as possible with your transports and relocate them to Asia. Knock the SU out of the war, or force them to surrender freeing up your troops there.

Good luck!

First of all, a great HOORAY!!! for that marvelous raid against Berlin!! Almost anticlimactic in a sort of way but it can't be overestimated how much good this must have done for your war effort. (And the propaganda) Looting a level ten reactor must have been a priceless achievement.

So this is how I see the current situation:

Bad:
- Germany is retaking some of its core lands
- Allies are damned low on MP
- US and UK are reeling with high dissent
- USSR is still relatively unbloodied

Good:
+ Germany's reactor is gone
+ Germany's supply of materials is gone
+ the Rhine makes for an excellent defensive line
+ US+UK still have operational reactors
+ If Germany liberates Essen and Dortmund, that gives Firestorm and Tommy excellent unnuked nuke targets. :cool: Much better than Breslau or Königsberg.

So this is how I see the long term prospects... The Allies hold all aces wuith regards to nukes, but they have to hold the line at the Rhine. There aren't any good positions west of that unfortunately. Germany still has a titanic army, and will slowly recover some of its IC and manpower, as it liberates most of central and western Germany.

So short term odds are much like they were before the Berlin raid. But long term odds increased dramatically - nukes will eventually enable the Allies to cause an instant 50% or so dissent hit to Germany, and if by then they are still in a position to exploit, they can cross the Rhine again, strike into Germany's weakened armies and push them this time all the way to the Vistula. :mad:

So they need to
1a) hold the line at the Rhine
1b) hold the line in Italy with the forces they have (or give some ground north of Rome, it doesn't really matter as long as the front stays open)
2) recover from the massive dissent, knowing that no more German nukes will be coming for a long time
3) build rockets so they can lob nukes on four targets in Germany
4) Rebuild their air forces so they can defend against the Luftwaffe and prepare for extensive combat support
5) rebuild their armies and if possible assemble an uncommitted mobile army group along with uncommitted air support west of the Rhine, and keep it uncommitted until the nukes are ready
6) Unleash the fury of a thousand suns on Germany one last time :mad::mad::mad:
7) Have all fronts attack the reeling enemy
8) Send the mobile army group into battle at the weakest spot of German defence, help them break through the battle line, let them loose on the German rear, committ the air support to break everything in their path, race through the least destroyed German provinces, and ...
9a) ... if there are no major German reserves behind the front, encircle the German Wehrmacht in the west!! By either driving for Hamburg/Bremen, thus cutting off the northern part of the German front line, or by driving south to link up with the Italian front.
9b) ... if there are major stacks of uncommitted armies standing between you and the mother of all encirclements, link up with possible breakthroughs on other sections of the Rhine front (against nuked Essen or Dortmund perhaps) and dislodge a section of the German front. Keep the unbroken sections of the Rhine front static, and push more troops through the breakthroughs. Spread the maneuver group out in the German rear area, keep the German reserves separate and on the move, seize (and give up again) as much territory as possible, while the Rhine front fights its own battle of reverse envelopment against the Germans.

If possible, step 10 will be the surrender of the majority of German troops between Elbe and Rhine. If the German military can be weakened by a massive nuclear strike, then even without superior numbers you could fight a mobile battle in the less dense areas while numerically inferior numbers keep the German troops on the Rhine locked in. By preventing their withdrawal towards the Elbe, and at the same time wreaking havoc in their rear, you can set yourselves up for not just a defeat but a destruction of a large portion of those 450 divisions! After that you can turn southeast, and drive down the Danube to knock Hungary and Croatia out (overrunning their VPs long enough to press the annex button) and then wheel back west to destroy Axis positions in northern Italy from the rear, avoiding the Alpine high passes in favor of the less daunting Carinthia/Slovenian mountain ranges.

Sounds insane? Well it has to be ambitious in order to work :D
And of course it only works if you can hold the line at the Rhine.
The breakthrough -which is essential- can be assisted by dropping two of the nukes in the grand knockout strike on Essen or a nearby, developed, IC-rich province and then creating the breakthrough there.

Last edited:
I like Leviathan's idea, but I wouldn't necessarily retreat to the Rhine just yet - you need to buy as much time as you can to produce more nukes.

Liberate the French and try to hold France and Belgium until you can give the knock out blow with icbm!

Liberate the French and try to hold France and Belgium until you can give the knock out blow with icbm!
Was France annexed? I missed that somehow. :confused:

Holy crap lots of responses this go around, so give me a few minutes to answer all of you :)

Josip I don't think you grasp the situation. Firestorm has told us he has a grand total of 12 transport groups left.

That means there is no damn way to get the armies out of Europe whether we like it or not.

Europe had better not be fucking lost or the Allied Army is lost right along with it and with it the entire war.

I have managed to do flawless evacuations of 100 divisions or so with 10 transports across the English Channel before. But the Allied army in Europe exceeds 300 divisions. Big challenge ahead of me. I especially don't want to give up Spain, so I will be defending them if the time comes.

@frigidmagi: You are doing a fine job at answering questions for me. Thanks!

@Rommel22: **gulp**

@Leviathan07: Great ideas, all rely on step 1, which is the most important so far.

@Delex: It appears more and more likely.

Was France annexed? I missed that somehow.

Nope, they were not.

I will be posting another update today if I have time.

I think tomorrow should require a special news post, as April 23rd is my 20th birthday :)

Make an event called: Democracy's Last Stand... Make it so that it takes ur dissent back down to 0 and then spawn dozens or hundreds of militia troops all over France so you can use them to fight.. You can pretend these are citizens from Democratic countries all over the world uniting in arms to fight fascism.

UK, American, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, South Africa, Switzerland, French, Spanish, Belgium, Netherlands, and disillusioned civilians from German occupied lands all come together to answer the call for democracy by American leaders.. They meet in France and are placed into units.. Many of them bringing their own weapons.. Hence militia.

Make an event called: Democracy's Last Stand... Make it so that it takes ur dissent back down to 0 and then spawn dozens or hundreds of militia troops all over France so you can use them to fight.. You can pretend these are citizens from Democratic countries all over the world uniting in arms to fight fascism.

UK, American, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, South Africa, Switzerland, French, Spanish, Belgium, Netherlands, and disillusioned civilians from German occupied lands all come together to answer the call for democracy by American leaders.. They meet in France and are placed into units.. Many of them bringing their own weapons.. Hence militia.

No don't do that.

Hold the Line at the Rhine!

what a massive campaign. the last update was just incredible. Some politicians should read this AAR to see what could happen in a worst case scenario.. thats just crazy, and a warning for humanity. :D
The last fight for Berlin, with the massive retreat afterwards. thats very big tennis, as the krauts would say :)

I'm not sure how you can turn this around, one of the ebst things you could do though would beto take out whereever they are firing those nukes at the US from (Guatemala?) if there are a lot of divs protecting it use a nuke.

You may have answered this before but I don't remember....so is this just plain DAIM? No special tweaks or anything?
I know it is DAIM on VH, I don't know if they "tweaked the ai".

And then he has to supply them all. ;) Dissent is pretty natural.

Maybe a brokered peace with Germany would be reasonable. You get France, Belgium, and peace, and they get rest.

I still say if you take Italy out of the war, you win. Puppet them and turn those divisions north.

Just regular DAIM, on Hard (or very hard, it has been a long time since I checked those settings) and the aggressiveness is set to 'aggressive'. Slight modifications to get the Chinese to produce infantry.

As for peace, they refused all my offers. I guess they don't feel like giving up France.

@Tommy4ever: Argentina. They occupy Brazil, and I have no possible means of invading them as of the present moment. :(

Wow, I just spent my whole day off reading through this AAR at a stretch. Amazing, what a horrifying vision of what could have been. You HAVE to win, this is the only AAR I've ever read where I am become emotionally invested. Massive Props to the two of you keeping at it!

Oh and my two cents, in this future California would be the capital of the world, screw Australia.