• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Luck of the draw, some games are hardcore, some are not. First one its been this bad!

I think the UK has done alright with an extreemly bad draw. Remember that hr is unable to keep fleets in the channel necause of naval bombing, the German navy is very powerful in itself, they walked over everything they have faced and there are the Japanese, Vichy and Italian fleets to worry about.

The problem with playing the UK is that you have a limited industrial base but face essentially the same problem as the United States. When I play the UK I always place the main priority in the first two years on Air Defence to be able to at least sortie my fleets from Scapa Flow. In anycase, this has convinced me to give DAIM another try, so keep it up, and don't let the Hun rest! :)

I did beat the german fleet at first and controled the seas, but then they managed to get bitter peace, and focused on ships mostly. I couldnt build enough carriers, by the time i had some new ones germany had like 10. We did have air superiority throughout most of the war.
And im not a noob Delex, ive been playing HoI for some years.
Also in India what screwed us over was that someow afghanistan joined axis, and we didnt have anything on their border.

Dammit Cool, you spoiled my next AAR post...which was coming up within the next half an hour.
When did you regain air superiority? Was it that soon? I didn't think it was till we started planning Overlord? I remember the Luftwaffe pounding the crap out of southern Britain...

CBS World News - January 6th, 1944 - January 28th, 1944

January 6th, 1944 - January 28th, 1944

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. John Daly reports to us today from New York on diplomatic and military news around the world."

"The diplomatic stage of the world continues to churn and twist is bizarre ways. As we reported last week, Afghanistan decided to betray is neutrality and join the Axis powers. This came as a severe shock to the American and British diplomats, who were no doubt trying to convince their government to remain neutral. The German diplomats were there on the mission to open a flank to India rather then pass through the Karachi fort system. Sadly, they succeeded all to well in convincing Afghanistan's government of this."

"However, today's topic is a more recent matter. Saudi Arabia, in an even more twisted turn of events, fell under pressure and influence from Japan. They have joined Japan in their own fight against the Allied forces, which caused issues for the Allies in the Middle East holding the fortifications at the choke point between Saudi Arabia and Syria."

"Argentina, already allied to the Axis powers, has been continuing their limited naval activity against American shipping to supply ports at Casablanca."

"In the Middle East, the Allied troops have begun limited attacks against the Saudi military, and Germans have taken Baghdad as the Allied retreat to the fortifications south of Syria."

"In India, the Japanese advanced deeper, but were cut off when swift Allied moments cut off their supply lines. The pocketed troops are now being advanced upon by British units and should be mopped up within the next week."

"In the Pacific theater, the American forces have been building up for an attack along the Chinese coast. The Japanese are spread thin to a breaking point trying to cover the entire length of the coast, while at the same time fighting the British and Americans in India. where and when they will attack remains unknown."

"In the Atlantic, British and American destroyers, along side naval bombers based at Bermuda, have been attempting to reduce the U-Boat threat the Germans have been throwing at the Allied forces. The 'Battle of the Atlantic' has reached a new high point, and the effects of reduced supply chains are being seen at the front lines. Supply shortages are being noticed by American and British troops in India, and resource convoys are being shot up on their routes between America, Britain and Casablanca. The last convoy to be sunk lost 26 out of 32 ships. Meanwhile, convoys heading towards Britain are at a perilous risk, where only 36 of the 100 ships make it to British ports (Trade Efficiency: 36%)"

"Britain's military on the main island have wrapped up their operations against the German invaders, for the second time this war. They were better prepared, and the German invaders did not last very long. In other news, the British have also released Libya to serve its own people. They have shown diplomatic loyalty to Britain."

Fortifications built over the years. I am pretty sure they are all level 10 or close to it. Cool would know for sure though, he built them. (These were built as a-just-in-case measure, I'm glad we did. What could go wrong, did go wrong. The Japanese managed to take the Northern fort in eastern India though :()
Fortifications.jpg

ScreenSave32.jpg

ScreenSave34.jpg

ScreenSave36.jpg

**Note: The landings on Britain did not last very long**

Last edited:
Ah crap, with the AFG's in the Axis, I doubt you can hold the front against the incoming Germans from Persia :(

Oh dear. THis is going to be rough. Nukes are going to be very useful. Very very useful.

Cool's inability to keep convoys running to India is beginning to hurt. I remember threatening to pull back my divisions in India (which now number 2 army groups (1 HQ, 3 armored, 5 mechanized each) and 9 marine divisions if he didn't start supplying. Obviously, I was bluffing, but the Battle of the Atlantic was not going well. At all. Near the Azores I encountered a group of 26 subs. As for India, we became cut off from supplies at 20:00 each day. Then it dropped to 18:00 each day. His insistence on making reactors over convoys was really beginning to hurt us. My next AAR will show this.

Since the AI does not make nukes, we will not use nukes unless a) we get nuked or b) we become desperate enough

Cool's inability to keep convoys running to India is beginning to hurt. I remember threatening to pull back my divisions in India (which now number 2 army groups (1 HQ, 3 armored, 5 mechanized each) and 9 marine divisions if he didn't start supplying. Obviously, I was bluffing, but the Battle of the Atlantic was not going well. At all. Near the Azores I encountered a group of 26 subs. As for India, we became cut off from supplies at 20:00 each day. Then it dropped to 18:00 each day. His insistence on making reactors over convoys was really beginning to hurt us. My next AAR will show this.

Since the AI does not make nukes, we will not use nukes unless a) we get nuked or b) we become desperate enough

Well, forts were level 7-8. It would have worked great if Afghanistan didnt join the war, it was totally unexpected. So forts in western india were useless, and the ones on east india got ocerrun. It kinda went downhill from there.

I did beat the german fleet at first and controled the seas, but then they managed to get bitter peace, and focused on ships mostly. I couldnt build enough carriers, by the time i had some new ones germany had like 10. We did have air superiority throughout most of the war.
And im not a noob Delex, ive been playing HoI for some years.
Also in India what screwed us over was that someow afghanistan joined axis, and we didnt have anything on their border.
ok tell me one thing how is it possbile, that germany manged to land in UK allready twice? Is it so hard to station per 3 diviisons in every costal province? And how did the Japs manage to take the fort lol?

If you look at the screenshots you can clearly see that each beach in Britain has 3 divisions ...

Troops were retreating from Norwich, take another look.

as Hatuke said the troops were retreating form Norwich and I am assuming that he withdrew the troops from Blackpool to force the Germans out of Glasgow.

(and could you please stop critising the players and just enjoy the AAR)