• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Florence has fallen after the latest nuclear attack routed much of the defenders
WHY!?! WHY did you HAVE to use nukes on the RENAISSANCE CITY? Leonardo! Michelangelo! Destroyed in a nuclear firestorm!

*puff puff* it's only a game...

Better now. Good AAR.
We learned two lessons from those nuclear attacks on frontline troops.

a) Axis have enough reserves to fill the losses from frontline nuclear attacks
b) When we took them, we were stuck with low infrastructure that hampered our advance.

So, nuking those cities was a horrible idea and I regretted it. :( The works of art were not destroyed, I'm going to assume that the great works were evacuated as Allied armies advances up Italy :)

Chinese terrain is VERY hard to make advances in, and Chinese manpower will probably equal the SU's very quickly even considering the fact that the SU has had so long to build up. Do you know, is China building militia or infantry? I would hope lots of the former and only some of the latter - it'd make great use out of their nigh infinite manpower and save you a lot of effort...

The works of art were not destroyed, I'm going to assume that the great works were evacuated as Allied armies advances up Italy :)
Yeah, evacuated to Berlin. ;)

Correct :)

All the important artwork would have been hidden in salt mines in Bavaria...

But you already captured those. Hmmm...

Volgograd? Danzing?

Maybe Milan? It has yet to be touched by war.

Well, much of the Balkans has not been touched yet. I only raided Romania's oilfields a few times. Other then that, I don't think it has seen much war. Yet.

EDIT:

For those wanting to know IC's of major combatants, here they are:

Germany: 320 / 184
USA: 384 / 384
Italy: 95 / 49
Argentina: 93 / 49
Soviet Union: 315 / 193
United Kingdom: 22 / 115

Last edited:
Well, we are doing ok now, after retaking lost territory in southern france. We were baffled as how weak defense was there. We advanced a little but cant advance further into italy. Seems they are strenghted again.

CBS World News – April 13th, 1952

April 13th, 1952

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from Europe via our correspondents in Paris."

"This is Paris. In recent news regarding the front in Europe, significant gains have been made against Axis forces along the Franco-Italian border. It is here that Allied troops, spearheaded by the American and British units, have continued to decimate Axis lines in the area. After sustaining heavy poundings by the American and British airforces, Italian troops have retreated from the key fortress cities of Turin and Genoa. These cities, heavily defended by massive works of concrete emplacement, have been previously a thorn in the Allied advance. This is no longer the case, and these fortifications will assist the Allied effort in knocking Italy out of the war, thus opening the entire southern belly of the German beast."

"German forces have again assaulted the Cottbus segment of the Allied line near Berlin. This attack, which comprised of over 750,000 German soldiers, is the latest in a series of assaults aimed at taking pressure off of Berlin. The Allied efforts have been hampered by these assaults, which has delayed the preparations for the massive assault on Berlin."
"In Asia, the Red Army has begun putting heavy pressure on Korean forces. The recent advance opened up with a heavy aerial bombardment by 24 squadrons of ground-attack fighters that struck anything that moved. The few Korean fighters that put up a fight were quickly destroyed. After the bombardment, 420,000 Soviet soldiers assaulted the mountainous region in a grueling and heavy match between the two armies. The outnumbered Koreans could not hold out forever, and were forced to withdraw. The retreating columns were repeatedly attacked by fighters and suffered heavy losses."

"In Africa, German forces have disbanded the Tunisian government after German divisions took the capital. With American and Algerian forces forming up to counter-attack, it appears that the next conflict will take place over a series of passes locally known as ‘Kasserine Pass’."

ScreenSave170.jpg

ScreenSave172.jpg

ScreenSave175.jpg

ScreenSave176.jpg

ScreenSave178.jpg

ScreenSave180.jpg

**That Soviet attack is slightly concerning. Those divisions were holding mountains, which were crucial to the defense effort in the region.**

Last edited:
Good Progress against the Italians. :)

@Mattabesta: Europe is the primary front. Anything that happens in the East will have to wait until our goals are met in Europe. Berlin, I'm not sure about. There is what I hope, and what is reasonable. I hope to, reasonably I'm not so sure. Fall is still a long way away, so anything can happen.

@Humancalculator: Thanks :)

One hopes you can hold long enough for the Chinese Army to come on line. Let them get their feet under them and they should be able to stop the Soviets cold.

Not really, the Soviets have had a very long time frame and now it is 1941 all over again. He is fighting a revived Soviet Union with a Piss-Poor force that is relying on the Chinese to get their asses in Gear.

Very bad mistake in letting India fall, last thing you guys need is a Soviet Union with Unlimited manpower.

Okay, Cotbuss is getting annoying. I'm surprised your nerves held out so much with it though. I would of dropped at least a few nukes on the bastards in Liberec and Kustrin

You have no idea how frustrating that blasted city is becoming. I can't seem to keep a grip on it. All the meanwhile, German reserves are showing up from God knows where. We are running out of time!

As for the India front mentioned above, it was near impossible to hold both the Germans and the Soviets there. It would have taken military resources away from the European and Asian fronts to hold it.

Bet you a dollar the Soviets made a a postcard with the words:

"Bring Oil and and metal to Siberia, leave with 10 divisions per visit."