• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CBS World News - November 5th, 1951

November 5th, 1951

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be bringing you a small portion of what it is like to be on the German front. The following is an excerpt from the diary of the recently deceased Jack Halligan, who died in the recent fighting just outside the German city of Cottbus, east of the Elbe river. This excerpt was given to us by the fallen soldier's parents, and we feel it is just that the people of America see what it really is like for these young men who fight for the democracy we hold so true and close to our hearts."

"...Today was hell. We got orders from division that our battalion had to take Hill 476. The Jerries had piled more guns on it then we could count. Nebelwerfers, 88’s, big 120 mortars, you name it. The flyboys had tried to bomb it, but they had missed most of them. They were really well dug in. We attacked at dawn. 155’s gave it a hell of a shelling, then we attacked. I’ve been with these boys since Normandy, and this was the hardest fighting I’ve seen since then. They will not give up any land. We've worked taking down thier positions to a science. First you throw smoke grenades, confuse ‘em. Then you want to pin them down with machine gun fire, then charge forward with grenades ready, throw them into the slits. Wait for the explosion, proceed. Of course, if you run into a tank then you bring up the bazooka team. Lost half my squad when a massive Leopard tank came around a bend and blew us away. Radzinski bought it hard from that damn panzer. I’ve been up front for 5 long, grueling years, seen too many a friend die. I have to ask, when will it end?....."

ScreenSave108.jpg

ScreenSave109.jpg

ScreenSave110.jpg

ScreenSave111.jpg

ScreenSave112.jpg

ScreenSave113.jpg

=====This picture of South America is taken from March 1952. But, that front has not changed in a while so it is all good. :)

ScreenSave163.jpg

**I thank Patton23 for the excellent writing he submitted for this post. Give him a round of applause, it is well done :). This news post is to satisfy those who wish to see an overall situation map. Please note these were taken prior to the requests for screenshots I received, and those that were asked for will be provided in the March 1952 update**

Last edited:
How about south america?

Sure, when I need one I shall send you a PM. As for South America, I added a March 1952 screenshot of South America to my report up top.

So in South America, Argentina has taken Brazil and the colonies? And Bolivia is in the Axis too? ...Dammit, they domitate there, but an invasion would sure cost a lot of MP. :(

Thanks for the screens! Can you also take a screen of your production? :)
Thanks

Keep up the good updates. :)

Thanks for the screens! Can you also take a screen of your production? :)
Thanks

Well, I've got 6 carriers in production. However, all my IC is on supplies and consumer goods. If you want specifics, I can post one in a few updates.

@Storm501: Peru is Axis too :(

I imagine the war has turned into mostly into a solo campaign by the US at this point...I'm really curious as to how much IC Germany has left - you've taken the most IC rich regions of Germany, that has to have put a pretty severe dent in their ability to supply such a large army.

Also, how dangerous are the South American Axis? Is there any realistic risk of them launching an invasion on the States themselves, or is their IC count just too weak to really pose a threat?

Actually, Cool is still contributing greatly to the war effort. He military controls Spain, and he is the main combatant in the Middle East and eastern India. Basically, without him the southern front collapses completely.

South America is a minor threat, but large enough for me to put Canadian divisions on my southernmost beaches.

German IC is roughly equal to mine.

Well, situation on the islands is being dealt with. In southern france we are preparing to mount and offensive to retake lost territory, hopefully we succeed. Im still getting my dissent down at 0.21 per day and im aorund 60% now. War in india is at a stalemate for now it seems, but i dont know what happens when more sov divs arrive.

Well, I've got 6 carriers in production. However, all my IC is on supplies and consumer goods. If you want specifics, I can post one in a few updates.

@Storm501: Peru is Axis too :(

Thants enough, thanks :)

Actually, Cool is still contributing greatly to the war effort. He military controls Spain, and he is the main combatant in the Middle East and eastern India. Basically, without him the southern front collapses completely.

South America is a minor threat, but large enough for me to put Canadian divisions on my southernmost beaches.

German IC is roughly equal to mine.

What is the tech and division numbers of South America?

South America is comprised of 3 Axis states at the moment.

Argentina at what I estimate to be 50 divisions
Bolivia at what I estimate to be 18 divisions
Peru at what I estimate to be 14 divisions

As for tech, I would presume to be a few years behind me. Maybe 1947 techs? I'm not sure.

I'll be working on another update later today. I'm just not in the mood to do it now :)

Last edited:
CBS World News - November 18th, 1951

November 18th, 1951

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from Europe and Asia from our correspondent Tommy Fourever."

"Good evening. We start off today's reports on the latest fighting around Cottbus and Potsdam. Recent Allied offensives have be focused around the southern and western fronts of Berlin. Potsdam, the last major defensive position west of Berlin, was captured in a combined attack by British, Canadian Spanish and American troops in a recent push made by Allied Command. The fortification ring defending the western approaches to the Czech interior have also been the result of this latest offensive. Attacks against the Baltic port of Stralsund have resulted in some minor gains, though no significant advances have been reported in this sector."

"Along the French-Spanish border, Allied armies have launched a counter attack against Italian and German forces stationed in Barcelona. This is the start of a major offensive lead by Commander Cool to clear out southern France of Axis troops, and hopefully knock the weak Italian power out of the war. Attacks against the German forces advancing along the Atlantic coast have resulted in significant progress, and American reinforcements have begun to arrive from the German front to help ease the situation."

"In Asia, the Red Army has made some minor attacks against American positions in Shijiazhuang. Although no major advances occurred from this attack, the Red Army managed to secure the regions around the city."

ScreenSave114.jpg

ScreenSave115.jpg

ScreenSave116.jpg

ScreenSave117.jpg

ScreenSave118.jpg

ScreenSave119.jpg

**We close in on Berlin! If we can take it, we can knock out their nuclear program once and for all.**

Uhg, triple post but what ever. I need to ask the question anyway.

How many people use the page listings on the first post (Page 1, Page 2, ect...)? I'm just wondering, I might remove it. I would still keep the rest the same though.

It would tend to be used by people who have only just found the AAR so they can avoid trawling through pages of comments, so I would say keep it.

Wow, those Sovs have some modern troops. Could be a worry?

The nuclear reactor is in Berlin, I assume? Get it! :) I'm worried with your force composition for Berlin, though. You seem to have lots of Arm and Mech, which are not very good for urban fighting.

The Soviet troops are more advanced than their US counterparts in China and looks like you're outnumbered. Don't let them make PRC there, or you will be outnumbered everywhere soon! :eek: