• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perhaps you should drive your troops south towards venice. You could cut off all axis forces in southwestern europe. The swiss fortresses and the alps could be a problem though.

Keep it up. Germany must be really hurting now. Hopefully they are diverting troops to hold down dissent that must have increased exponentially in places like Russia and the Ukraine.

I sent a couple of V2s over to hit targets over there. There are quite a few divisions there. One every 3 provinces I think (a rough estimate).

Partisans are rebelling over there, which is nice.

As for the attack in the south...you will see in due course :)

As for IC, I didn't play yet so I have no recorded the values. I'll write them down. So who do you guys want? (note these will be the values in May 1952, which is a bit ahead of where this thread is at)

Soviets, Germany, Britain, Soviets, Italy, China, and Japan? Any others?

Argentina, and maybe a screenshot of South America, dont think theres been one since the wars ended there.

Nice AAR by the way, just wonder how the Axis had fared if they hadnt been nuked first. Guess Germany has plenty of dissent that would make fighting them easy (for anyone but the UK at least :D).

Damn, with the manpower situation as it is it looks like the winner is only going to scrape through by the skin of their teeth. You'd better hope the Chinese manpower is enough to counter the Soviets or else you've got no hope whatsoever.

Wrong. Hitler was born in Austria somewhere, but I digress.

You're right, he was born somewhere else. I was thinking of it in the context of his political career and forgot about that. Whoops.

Munich was where he joined the Nazis. Where he launched the Beer Hall Putsch and so on. If it hasn't been taken, nuke it.

He was born in Braunau am Inn, Austria.

0 mp! Nasty. No-one wants to join up. Still, Berlin is in reach!

Perhaps there are no young men in America right now, that's the reason of lack of MP. All of them are fighting!

I just discovered this, but this is an Awesome AAR!

I will definitely be following this. :)

You better soon create a democratic Germany, because you're gonna need the assistance to smash the Russkies!

Perhaps there are no young men in America right now, that's the reason of lack of MP. All of them are fighting!

I still get 1.5 (~2,250 soldiers) manpower each day. Not enough to fill the 435,000 (290 mp) vacancies left in my front. :(

Thank you all for the comments! I like reading them :)

Berlin...it is so close...yet just out of reach atm.

Even with all the bonuses the AI gets, they must be suffering too. You've taken land off them, something they've failed to really do to you in any significant quantity. They still have vast swathes of territory, but if you can pile on the pressure and take out their nukes, you can still win.

My main concern is what the USSR will do, as they must be sitting on a massive manpower pool after all this time. Logically they'd go to war with the weakened Germany to get their territory back, but who knows with the AI...

On the bright side, with China on your side, so you can counter manpower with manpower, at least in Asia. ;)

(Long-time reader finally getting around to commenting.)

Even with all the bonuses the AI gets, they must be suffering too. You've taken land off them, something they've failed to really do to you in any significant quantity. They still have vast swathes of territory, but if you can pile on the pressure and take out their nukes, you can still win.

My main concern is what the USSR will do, as they must be sitting on a massive manpower pool after all this time. Logically they'd go to war with the weakened Germany to get their territory back, but who knows with the AI...

On the bright side, with China on your side, so you can counter manpower with manpower, at least in Asia. ;)

(Long-time reader finally getting around to commenting.)

A 3 way massive war? Allies vs. ComIntern vs. Axis vs. Allies:D

If you ever get the Germans down I suggest just holding the line for a year, for rest and recuperation, against the Soviets.

If you ever get the Germans down I suggest just holding the line for a year, for rest and recuperation, against the Soviets.

Funny you should mention that. Me and Cool discussed that exact same thing already :)

Great minds think alike....

or fools never differ

:rofl:

WOW! I just spent maybe 3 hours reading through this. Amazing. I love desperate struggles to try and save democracy.
For a theme song, i suggest this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmxyj6iInMc (nevermind the video, this is what I could find)

Also, if you don't mind Firestorm, could I write some stories form the view point of American soldiers? Just seems like it would be fun...

Thanks for the compliment!

I prefer to keep them strictly news broadcasts, but...

As my next update will be strictly a situation update on all the front lines, if you can PM it to me (preferably soon) I will include it in. Please do not mind if I slightly modify it (grammar, ect.), you will still get credit for it. :). If it turns out well, I might make more spots where I can put in a story here and there. Please write it as a first person.

Look here as an example
Where the fallout is concerned, I merged it as part of the news post.

edit: That video is not available in Canada :(

Any chance you'll load up as the USSR to go to war with Germany?

Nope, I constitute that as cheating :(

And man would I be in a world of hell if Russia lost. I don't imagine them having a lot on the German border. The Germans have reserves in Russia that could take out Russia faster anyway.