• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And 100 dissent gives a -50% combat modifier, so it has a big effect on the front too.

Also, unpatched HoI vanilla, so it may have changed.

It hasnt changed but IIRC you can only lose 0,25 Dissent per day with maximum CG so he will probably need a whole year to recover or even more when the Luftwaffe keeps nuking him into oblivion.

Good luck on your mission to purge facism and communism from the world, when the first ICBM's get ready in Germany you will need it...

Btw: This AAR really deserves a green, glowing "the day after"-cookie .

Last edited:
What does actually happen when you reach 100 dissent?

This happens:

screensave2.jpg

Done :D

ps Cool, give up its not worth it. Change to China and continue form their.
China or japan. Recover the UK later. Maybe release it after scotland annexes them?:rofl:

Actually, he has managed to drop it to below 60% dissent now (May 1952). His armies are functioning better. His situation as improved greatly. He won't give up his country even if it was annexed I bet :p.

So far we've kept Britain together. The colonies, they are revolting but no self declared liberations...yet

Another update today, and this one will focus slightly more on the Central German front. After that, I will likely cover the December - Spring in one update, and then finally the March 1952 update to answer everyone's requests for specific screenshots. I would post them earlier, but then it would be spoilers :(.

@Lord Braindead: I would imagine Britain would be quite uninhabitable, as those were just below Hydrogen bomb level, meaning quite a bit of radiation. I am pretty sure that it is glowing green. Did people in the 1950s know about nuclear fallout? If so, I might include that in an update.

Last edited:
Did people in the 1950s know about nuclear fallout? If so, I might include that in an update.
Probably not if Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't happen...

Probably not if Hiroshima and Nagasaki didn't happen...
But the Italians were nuked instead, so I would guess they learned something about it.

*wipes dust from clothes*
I managed to drop my dissent like fire said. Slowly im regaining my IC, but its still a long way to go. Partisans popped up in some places but nothing threatening.

I would imagine Britain would be quite uninhabitable, as those were just below Hydrogen bomb level, meaning quite a bit of radiation. I am pretty sure that it is glowing green. Did people in the 1950s know about nuclear fallout? If so, I might include that in an update.

Due to the usual wind directions in GB the whole island will be scorched by now and if you want to have children you shouldnt travel to northeast France, Belgium and the Netherlands either. Im note sure about the radiation levels but the area around the targetet cities will be uninhabitable while you will have serious cases of radiationsickness in whole England, Wales, Cornwall and southern Scotland.

The people knew about fallout and radiationsickness during the 50s but since you have an ongoing nuclear war they will probably have much more knowledge and can better understand the threat than we did during the 50s. In our timeline, most people thought during that time that "duck and cover" really helps you survive modern nuclear weapons and that you only need to flee to the countryside for some days and then can easily return home after WW3 but i doubt that the People who witnessed the destruction of England, Rimini, Palarmo, Moskwa, Berlin and other cities will agree with this. None the less, we will probably see soon a movie about a giant, radiated lizard destroying Big Ben. :p

Due to the usual wind directions in GB the whole island will be scorched by now and if you want to have children you shouldnt travel to northeast France, Belgium and the Netherlands either. Im note sure about the radiation levels but the area around the targetet cities will be uninhabitable while you will have serious cases of radiationsickness in whole England, Wales, Cornwall and southern Scotland.

The people knew about fallout and radiationsickness during the 50s but since you have an ongoing nuclear war they will probably have much more knowledge and can better understand the threat than we did during the 50s. In our timeline, most people thought during that time that "duck and cover" really helps you survive modern nuclear weapons and that you only need to flee to the countryside for some days and then can easily return home after WW3 but i doubt that the People who witnessed the destruction of England, Rimini, Palarmo, Moskwa, Berlin and other cities will agree with this. None the less, we will probably see soon a movie about a giant, radiated lizard destroying Big Ben. :p

They already made that movie. :D

And good luck Cool. Great AAR, and your perseverance is something to be a mite admired.

High dissent events:

#########################################################################
# Failed Coup d'Etat - Traitors executed
event = {
id = 1140
random = yes
trigger = {
dissent = 30 # >= 30
}
name = "EVT_1140R_NAME"
desc = "EVT_1140R_DESC"
picture = "failed_coup"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME1140A"
command = { type = sleepminister which = -2 }
command = { type = sleepleader which = -1 }
command = { type = dissent value = -10 }
}
}
# Successful Coup d'Etat - The Regime Falls
event = {
id = 1150
random = yes
trigger = {
dissent = 60 # >= 60
}
name = "EVT_1150R_NAME"
desc = "EVT_1150R_DESC"
picture = "regime_falls"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME1150A"
command = { type = regime_falls }
command = { type = dissent value = -100 }
}
}

------

But I actually don't know what does "regime_falls" do.

Probably something that is not very good. I'm surprised he has not had that event yet, that I know of.

CBS World News - October 20th, 1951

October 20th, 1951

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from Europe."

"This is Paris. The nuclear war between Germany and the Allies has escalated. On October 8th, 1951, London was destroyed by Germany using nuclear means. Many of those in the process of evacuating the city were caught in the blast. Radiation has been detected in several government surveys around the blast sites. Lord Braindead will now instruct you on how to best prepare yourself from the radiation in Britain."

"Due to the usual wind directions in Great Britain, the whole island is considered to be dangerous. If you want to have children, you should not travel to northeast France, Belgium or the Netherlands. Due to the limited time I had to prepare my study, I'm note sure about the radiation levels in the country side, but the area around the targeted cities will be uninhabitable, and if you stay you will risk serious cases of radiation sickness. The following regions are declared unsafe: England, Wales, Cornwall and southern Scotland."

"On the 17th, German strategic bombers left Argentinian airfields and released a nuclear bomb on the American city of Detroit. Much of the city was heavily damaged in the process. The nuclear attacks would not go unpunished. Prague, a major Germany armaments and production center, was destroyed by a nuclear attack from the United States."

"That was Lord Braindead. Tommy Fourever now reports on the latest military events from Europe. Commander Feuersturm has assigned him as an attache for military affairs."

"This is Tommy Fourever. Despite the recent nuclear exchange between Germany, Britain and the United States, Allied armies continue to advance deeper into German territory. American forces have pushed into Czechoslovakian territory, and have reached the Elbe river in several places south of Berlin. German forces continue to withdraw across the Elbe, and are reforming defensive positions in this area."

"In Sweden, the Canadian-led Allied armies are seeing continued success against Axis forces in the area. Several decisive victories have resulted in the retreat of several Swedish divisions as the Allied forces push in all directions."

"We have also received word that Commander Cool has been rescued from London. He was pulled from the rubble that remained from his command center in the suburbs of London. The brave soul, upon being discovered, '...brushed off his uniform, walked to the man in charge of the rescue operation, and said "...get me a ride to France. Those bastards will pay...and Blondie will die...". '. Shortly after, it was found that his pet dog, named Tobias, was killed in the attack."

ScreenSave86.jpg

ScreenSave87.jpg

ScreenSave88.jpg

ScreenSave91.jpg

ScreenSave95.jpg

ScreenSave96.jpg

**I would like to personally thank Lord Braindead for his information, it has done great service to this news post. For Biges, thank you for the event info, I didn't know such existed. For those who do not know, Blondie is Hitler's dog.**

Argentina and the Southern Axis must be made to paid for hosting German bombers! NO MERCY! REMEMBER ENGLAND!

Dare I hope that the war goes better in the east? I hope the Koreans are still holding out.

It might be time for a mass effort to wipe out the German Air Force. I've found swarming their home air field with fighters/interceptors while launching armored raids on them helps. Still I don't think I've ever had to fight as many divisions as you and with so little manpower.

Normally swarming helps, but they just relocate their airforce elsewhere. They've got airfields all over the globe.

Cool hit 100% dissent now :eek:

East is a stalemate now. For the time being.

This is what you call "picking the right difficulty level". Nice.

Its looking worse and worse by the update! 100% dissent! That means no-one is happy, not even babies!!! Well, with everyone glowing green I imagine they wouldnt be. Britain must be saved!