• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Uh...they went for a swim? Nice catch. Thanks!
Was meant to be the Persian Gulf!

79th US Mech arrived in OSLO, busted.
is it going well?

I know its not just a probing raid. But it is best to let the German's think that, eh? You must remember, News reports can be wrong, and also can be used to deceive the enemy. That is why they have been unable to reach the High Command for further comment :). Mistake on my part too. 8 divisions on a probing raid? Ha, I would hardly call that a raid. Oh well. Yeah, it is going well. I was hoping to divert the Swedish divisions from assisting Germany, so if I can tie them all down then my objective is complete. The fact that it is still winter means I will be very unlikely in advancing very far with just 8 divisions.

Last edited:
Uh...they went for a swim? Nice catch. Thanks!

I know its not just a probing raid. But it is best to let the German's think that, eh? You must remember, News reports can be wrong, and also can be used to deceive the enemy. That is why they have been unable to reach the High Command for further comment :). Mistake on my part too. 8 divisions on a probing raid? Ha, I would hardly call that a raid. Oh well. Yeah, it is going well. I was hoping to divert the Swedish divisions from assisting Germany, so if I can tie them all down then my objective is complete. The fact that it is still winter means I will be very unlikely in advancing very far with just 8 divisions.

actully winter shun't be too bad, slower mvement means more time to bomb moving divisions.

also, I'm playing a game as germany with DAIM, hard, it's VERY challanging, facing a 500 division soviet giant.

that's the thing, how the HELL did the german AI germany defeat the USSR???

I faced similar problems when fighting as Germany against DAIM AI.

I spent a long time encircling Soviet pockets one at a time. I don't know how the AI did it so freaking fast. I remember pocketing 50 divisions at a time and still having a hard time advancing.

I faced similar problems when fighting as Germany against DAIM AI.

I spent a long time encircling Soviet pockets one at a time. I don't know how the AI did it so freaking fast. I remember pocketing 50 divisions at a time and still having a hard time advancing.

I mada brake though, managed to pocket 113 soviet divisions and overrun 80,
the soviets now have "only 290 divisions"
I managed to get japan in wich is drawing about 80 soviet divisions away though.

CBS World News - March 8th, 1951

March 8th, 1951

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from Europe and the Middle East."

"This is London. The Middle East front has seen much combat, although little has changed in territory gained and lost. The German army has been increasing its reserves in the area after the Allied armies took the Abadan oilfields. Further attempts to penetrate into occupied Iraq have failed. Attacks towards Jerusalem have also failed in securing any notable progress. The American attacks towards the Caucuses have managed to gain some headway, advancing 40km before withdrawing to a more feasible defensive position."

"In northern Germany, a concentrated attack by German forces forced the withdrawal of troops stationed in Hannover. The attack took place early this month as the front has begun to thaw. For the first time this year, average temperatures have hovered around 5C, resulting in some early skirmishes between German and American forces."

"Argentina has managed to make headlines again after the collapse of Allied armies in South America. An Argentinian surface group, consisting of and aircraft carrier and two battle ships, raided several convoys off of South Africa and Florida. For many citizens living in Miami, the dull thud of cannon fire could be heard during the middle of the night. Although the battle between the convoy and the raiding vessels was too far to be seen, it put reserve units in the area to the coastline. Canadian divisions were alert all night in fear of an invasion from the sea, though none materialized. The surface fleet escaped undetected until reports had come in that it arrived back at port in Argentina."

"The British government has recently allowed the people of Afghanistan to rule themselves after the Axis-dominated regime was overthrown by the British and American units several years ago. This decision, arrived upon after much deliberation, was a political gesture to show the generosity of the Allied cause. After the blunders in South America, the Allied image around the globe was severely tarnished and has massive ramifications on the diplomatic stage. Both the American and British government have been desperate to rally countries against Germany, which has seen a surge in support around the globe."

ScreenSave4.jpg

ScreenSave6-1.jpg

ScreenSave7-1.jpg

ScreenSave8-1.jpg

**Note: Anyone actually looking at the image tags will see that I have now gone from the 400s down to 6-1, 7-1, ect. This is because I moved my photos from Hoi2 folder over to my other drive, thus resetting the count back at 1.**

Last edited:
Tomorrow I will be updating again as I won't be on during the weekend. I will be on the slopes skiing :D

CBS World News - March 27th, 1951

March 27th, 1951

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from Europe and the Middle East."

"This is London. Fierce activity has been reported all over the Middle East. Near the Suez Canal, Allied forces had encircled 32 Axis divisions in a surprise attack shortly after American divisions launched an assault into Iraq. However, after some heavy fighting across the desert sands, German forces were able to break the ring of tanks around them and begin evacuate the pocket. Canadian and British divisions have fought for the past two weeks to contain the large pocket, but were finally forced to put a halt to the attempt as it endangered their current positions."

"In Germany, American forces have again seized Hannover. Just as positions in this area were being settled in, both German and American forces launched separate attacks in the central region, around the city of Erfurt. After several days of fighting, Allied forces withdrew to Kassel after sustaining heavy casualties. In southern France, British forces have attacked the Italian divisions surrounding the Mediterranean port of Marseilles. The attack came within a few kilometers of the city, but was unable to penetrate the defensive ring that the Italian troops had dug in."

ScreenSave10-1.jpg

ScreenSave11-1.jpg

ScreenSave12-1.jpg

ScreenSave15-1.jpg

Is it just me or is Germany a total stalemate now? :D ...I think those nukes on Germany will be necessary soon...

What are the total div counts at the moment? Everywhere I look I'm seeing 32 div per province on average, so Germany can't be far from that either :eek:

@Storm501: I would call it a stalemate with the front moving about 4 provinces each year. :(

@TRP: North front has about ~30 divisions / province. The Germans number about the same. The south has less, with both sides having around 18 divisions from the Mediterranean coast to Switzerland.

@Striker475: I sure as hell feel tempted to sometimes.

@etepete: Yeah, casualties are horrendous. Just imagine what would happen to my mp if I had to fight the Soviets on top of this. I'm influencing them in hopes to avoid war. They keep sending spies and shit, dropping our relations :(

Skiing was fun, great weather and great snow conditions. Sometimes people can be so retarded though. Who lets 8 year-olds ski down a black diamond? The kid was crying and the parent kept forcing him to go down, even though there was a path to an easier run just 20ft off to the side! Not to mention black diamond runs usually involve some speed, it was dangerous to have this kid swerving around. I almost hit him on the narrow path.

Thats the 2nd time Ive seen stuff like that.

I just caught up again, glad to see you're back. Great stuff! :cool:

CBS World News - April 26th, 1951

April 26th, 1951

CBS World News

"This is London. The British military has launched a controversial nuclear attack on Moscow's industrial sector. Although the region was producing tanks for the German war effort, it has drawn huge protest from populations from much of the world. Official condemnations have been recieved from the Soviet Union, North Korea, Argentina, Germany, Finland, Sweden and even from the United States. The British government backed up the attack with threats of further nuclear attacks, this time on German cities. Adolph Hitler personally spoke of the attack, calling it a '...crime against humanity of which should not be tolerated by any nation...'. The Soviet response was heavy, and further damaged the already strained relations between them and the Allies. Beria himself called upon Truman to punish the British government and try those responsible for war crimes. Truman responded to such requests as scorn. 'Although I condemn the attacks Britain has committed against Moscow, it was producing to the whim of the German military, and was thus open to attack.'. Commander Feuersturm refused to comment on the situation, stating that he should not involve himself in the political stage, as it would influence his military commitment to the army."

"In Europe, American divisions have launched another offensive against the German armies in central Germany. The thrust, which was launched early this month, was resulted in significant gains. The heavy fighting that took place around the cities of Erfurt and Schweinfurt was decisive and sent the German divisions into disarray. A brief German counter attack on April 7th lasted until the 15th, at which time it was repulsed by stronger American forces. The offensive continued as Allied forces pushed towards Leipzig. A further attack was pressed against Dresden, but was forced back after the exhausted troops failed to secure a foothold around the city."

"In the Middle East, British and Canadian units have continued to push deeper into German lines. They have advanced along the Mediterranean coast, seizing the city of Gaza after a brief battle. American units are advancing from Persia, attacking the rear flanks of the German army in the Middle East."

"In Asia, the Soviet Union has continued to build up troop concentrations above Manchuria. As diplomatic situations deteriorate, there is fear of a potential outbreak of hostilities between the United States and the Soviet Union. North Korea has been pressuring the South Korean government to abandon its ties with the United States and unify with the North. The United States has opened all diplomatic avenues to avoid war with the Soviet state. With war weariness beginning to surface and already short on men and material, many doubt the United State's possibilty to sustain a war against both the Soviet Union and the German-led Axis in Europe."

ScreenSave17.jpg

ScreenSave22.jpg

ScreenSave25.jpg

ScreenSave27-1.jpg

ScreenSave29-1.jpg

**What a waste of a nuke. Why Moscow?? It is not a national, so I'm not sure if it has the same effect. Besides that, my relations with the Soviet Union have hit -200. I honestly believe it is only a matter of time before war. I'm at a loss of what to do. The Soviets will likely have at least 300 divisions. I have authorized the use of nuclear weapons against Germany if this situation deteriorates anymore.**

Last edited:
There is no choice, fronts must be closed and new resources opened up.

First off whatever it takes, whatever you got to do, FREE NATIONAL CHINA. You need the flood of infantry men that nation will produce to offset the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany. Once National China is free and producing the game changes completely.

Second Italy must fall. Drive up Northern Italy split it and try to establish a single front from North Italy to Central Germany. It will be a long and messy front but vital. The Germans are hurting more then you. Concentrate your entire airforce if needed for interdiction missions, hammer them and push without regard for losses or pain. They don't have the manpower or the IC to keep it up and Germany cannot send much more to them without opening up an attack point in Germany itself. Use amphib landings in combination with land attacks on the same province (throw in bloody paratroopers if needed!) just hit them hard and keep hitting!

Third, once that front in Europe is nailed down, take out Argentina. This is ridiculous, I understand the reason why you let them run rampant as a secondary front but at this point they are a danger to the American mainland.

Lastly I will repeat my same old song and dance over the nukes. This nickle and dime crap with the nukes has to stop. A single mass strike will do the job, single nuke strikes in this game just drag out the wars and kill more of your own.

I agree with you all.

Especially the part about Argentina. I really do have to laugh at that, it is pretty sad we are unable to take them out. The Bolivian - Argentinian army combined is around 100 divisions, so it would not be a easy task of just sending in 20 divisions. Once the war in Europe is over, Argentina will fall.

As for Asia, Japan will be released when me and Cool start up the save again today. It is something that keeps slipping my mind every time we play. As for China, well...no spoilers. I will be posting another update later today, so you will find out in due time.

As for Italy, damn are they a tough nut to crack. The Germans have been shifting more and more troops down to Marseilles and Italy, giving the Brits a tough time down there. I'm hoping for a decisive victory in the Middle East this year which would result in the encirclement of almost 100 divisions between Iraq and Saudi Arabia. With the encirclement complete, I would then advance on Baku, starving them the black blood their tanks run on.

Italy, however, is running out of manpower. I do believe it is only a matter of time before their entire front collapses. Again, hopefully this year. We are hoping a nuclear strike on Berlin, and possible Vienna, would lead to a collapse in the German war effort.

As for the long front from Italy to central Germany, that would be impossible. I have no idea how we are going to get through Switzerland!