• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Finnish gave Åland to the Soviets?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I found it strange.

It really shouldn't be strange, because the Aland was used by the Russian Empire as a naval base, and so it would be natural if the USSR also wanted it for that purpose.

If I recall, he had 2 militia and 2 Infantry / beach for most of the island. I'm playing USA, so I'm not exactally sure how or why it fell, just that the Germans landed enough to overcome the rest of the island.

Germany also had air superiority, which could have helped. I remember him complaining about the sheer amount of CAS and TAC squadrons flying over Britain. (After he lost air superiority he shifted his airforce north, then finally to Africa to prevent its desctruction)

I'll be posting another update later tonight or early tomorrow.

CBS World News - November 27th, 1941

November 27th, 1941

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. John Daly will report on the attack of aggression from Japan against our beloved country, and the imminent collapse of the Russian front."

"Good evening, and thank you for listening. This morning of November 27th, 1941, the Japanese launched an attack of aggression on United States military bases. They struck the military port of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii and our ships stationed on the Philippines. Several thousand men have been killed when they attacked ships at harbor, and several ships have been damaged or sunk. Our government is holding an emergency meeting on how to deal with this tragic turn of events."

"In Europe, Germany launched a new offensive against the Red Army two days ago, and initial reports seem to be in favor of the German army. In Moscow, government officials have fled eastwards as German artillery began to close in. The main front is a mere 3 kilometers from the outskirts of the capital, and there are reports that some German divisions have entered the suburbs. To the north, the Battle of of Leningrad is coming to a close as German troops begin their assault against the final Russian positions. Last reports are that food and water are growing scarce, and it is unlikely that they can hold out for much longer. In the south, the German army made significant gains, and has reached the Volga river. Russian troops stationed on the other side of the Volga are expected to launch a counter attack soon."

"On a more positive note, the United Kingdom launched an attack on Occupied Britain along aside Australian and Canadian divisions. They retook Plymouth and are expected to expand their holdings later this week"

1.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, the UK wants England back! :D But the Germans aren't doing so bad either.

CBS World News - December 30th, 1941

December 30th, 1941

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. John Daly will report on the major news events covering the past month, and recent developments regarding those events. We will start off the the recent collapse on the Russian front, then we will go to Britain and Africa, and end off in the Pacific and India where the Japanese, British and American units continue to engage in combat. And here is the news from John Daly"

"Good evening, and I hope you enjoyed your Christmas holidays as much as we did here in the station. Sadly, many parts of the world are unable to celebrate this Christmas, and soldiers abroad have been in constant fighting over what should be holidays. Some people even here in America fight a different war, one to keep warm and live another day. We encourage you to make donations of winter clothing to those who are unable to provide for themselves. Now to the news that has headlines across the world."

“Russia is reeling from the huge offensive the Germans launched late November. Early in December Leningrad fell to a concentrated attack and the Red Army withdrew into Finland or eastwards. The Germans launched an offensive on December 15th, its aim to encircle and capture Moscow. Initially, it seemed Moscow could hold out for months, as the supply depot near Red Square was heavily fortified and well under ground. However, on December 28th, two weeks into the siege of Moscow, Red Square finally fell and the Moscow garrison surrendered. The German troops had advanced eastwards as the siege was still on, and as the Germans advance towards the industrial base of Russia and the oilfields in the south, the only ray of hope is the Russian counter attack, aimed at breaking the German armies around Stalingrad.”

“The remnants of German troops in Britain have been cleaned up in Scotland. It appears that Britain has been fully liberated; however a few scattered troops have still been found or are turning themselves in. The government has been in chaos trying to repair the old administration system, and it will take some time to get them back on their heels. Our government has been sending massive amounts of war materiel, most notably the 100 barrels of oil per day, equipment and weaponry for three motorized divisions, and we have also sent 9 divisions to help repel any German invaders.”

“In Africa, the British launched Operation Crusader against the German Afrika Korps and Italian divisions. It is to early to tell any details, but it appears that the Italian units are in full retreat, and the British are closing in on the Egyptian – Libyan border. American has pledged support to help in Africa; however no timetable or specification of this help has been released to the public.”

“And finally, news on our very own front, from the Pacific theater. Our marines have been fighting ever since November to counter the growing Japanese threat. The garrison on the Philippines has surrendered, and there are rumors that many have escaped to allied Australia. Japanese warships have attacked our own fleet several times, but the limited engagements have resulted in minimal casualties. The Japanese forces have advanced on Singapore, where the British units have been busy shoring up defensive lines. The fortifications built around Rangpur in eastern India have been fortified as the Japanese troops advance towards them. The American 1st Army Group, led by Patton, has been engaging in a fighting retreat to the fortification line to buy the British more time. Japan’s days are numbered, said the President, and their treachery will not be quickly forgotten.”

ScreenSave15.jpg

Nuke development is going alright, Britain will be starting theirs up soon. IC for the reactors, however.....is being spent in better places. I need alot of units if im to fight Japan and a enlarged Germany.

This AAR made me install DAIM!

Oh, and a screenshot of the Pacific would be nice.

Britain reoccupied when?

"On a more positive note, the United Kingdom launched an attack on Occupied Britain along aisde Australian and Canadian divisions. They retook Plymouth and are expected to expand their holdings later this week"

It's mentioned in the radio broadcast before the announcement of clearing Britain. I think there needs to be something to make the radio broadcasts stand out more from the regular posts, when they don't have pictures its easy to pass over them.

@ Minarchist: Same Bitter Peace option I believe: Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad and Archagelysk. If the Anti-commintern pact was not signed with Japan, I think Baku and that one province in the Urals is added to that list.

@Delex: FYROM answered that

@Fyrom: Thanks for the input, I'll find a way to change it. Some times I don't have screenshots for everything, which sucks, so I'm going to find a way to make the post stand out more. Maybe adding pictures from world war II might help.