• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

So yeah, don't worry, I included that.

I wouldn't give Shanghai to the CP, they might use it later as a launch to directly stab the Soviet Union in the next war.

June 20. 1961 - a date Australia will never forget.

An amazing victory. 27 divisions on the two screenshot. I guess the total losses were higher. If you count 15000 men as one division it mus be 50 divisions cought. Even Russia will feel the pain.

Not including the many divisions I trapped in central Australia, or in another pocket that was in the east.

Big loss for them, I don't care how bg their army is. No army can lose 100 divisions and call it light :D

CBC World News – January 1st, 1962

End of Democracy's Last Legs Part I
January 1st, 1962

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight, we report on the latest news from Europe, Asia and around the world."

"This is Tommy Fourever. Tonight will be a very special broadcast, as it will be the last public news broadcast I make to the people of Canada, and my listeners around the world."

"I have reported to you many ups and downs of the turmoil that the world has seen since the annexation of Poland back in 1939. For over two decades, we have seen the world engulf itself in war, war which has touched every continent and almost every nation. War which has cost millions of lives, and ruined cities across the world. War which still continues, a never-ending struggle between ideologies."

"The Soviet Union, despite their significant losses in Australia, refuses to back down from war. The leader of the underground rebellion in China, Mao Zedong, and the Soviet leader Beria, have both expressed their desire to keep the Chicago Pact out of Asia and retain their sphere of influence. This can only mean a long a brutal struggle between the nations of Democracy and the tyranny of the Soviet Union. Such hatred between nations creates rifts which will be hard to repair in the future, a rift which will retain its evil in generations to come. I know not of how my successor will view the world as it is, but I doubt no man can look at the state of the world brightly."

"Europe and Africa seem to be the only place where peace remains. This, however, was not without its own cost. The Second World War ravaged western Europe, and left Britain in a state of on-going poverty as a result of the nuclear attacks on its soil. France and Germany still to this day have not rebuilt their all their destroyed cities, even after half a decade of reconstruction. It must be reminded their her governments are not the Nazis was saw rise in the 1930s. The original Axis states have seen a massive change in policy after their victory in 1953. While oppression still occurs in many regions, it has been reduced to what we could refer to as 'tolerable' levels. I note this for a reason. If we, the Chicago Pact, are to succeed as a power in this world, we must make friends, not enemies. The United States' President, John Kennedy, continues to keep European relations cold. Europe's technological advances over the past decade are leaps and bounds over what the United States and the Soviet Union have achieved. I truly believe that if we are to have victory over the Soviet Union, we need to take advantage of the hostility that remains between Europe and the Soviet Union. Germany has offered us a hand several times, and this is most evident by her assistance to rebuild Australia, despite the state of many of Germany's western cities. We should take this as a sign of good-will and faith, and not as an act of intrusion and diplomatic aggression."

"South of the border, the United States struggles. They have suffered two decades of war, from both internal and external struggles. The Chicago Pact cannot continues this war indefinitely. We lack the manpower and financial resources to continue this struggle until the bitter end. It is my honest belief that the Soviet Union and our leaders should settle our differences over the diplomatic table instead of over the battlefield."

"This is Tommy Fourever, signing off for the last time. Good bye, and God bless you all."

DMLLWorld1962.png

**(Link to a righ-res version of the photo above) Well, this is it. It ends on the turning point of the war. Where will it go from here? Not even I know. Victory is possible, and the liberation of Japan and the Philippines are high on my list. I may even be able to liberate Korea one day. I thank you all for your dedication to this AAR, and I hope you guys have enjoyed it. Many of you have given valuable input to make this AAR better then it could have ever been without. I'd like to single out individuals, but to be honest there would be too many to put in this little end-post clip. This is indeed the last update, until Part II that is :)-Oh, and Happy New Years!**

Last edited:
Amazing AAR.

I look forward to Part II.

Happy new year :D

It would be cool if Mongolia, Tanu Tuva and Siam would be directly integrated into the USSR, those countries simply call for it and there would be not much to protect them. Japan should be declared a nuclear wasteland since there is nothing left which would be worth fighting for (Maybe terrain should be edited to desert). As last the Philippines could be partitioned, so some islands are kept by the USA and others by the USSR.

Bloody good job in Australia and in the entire campaign. You endured probably one of the most brutal and grueling wars I think I have ever seen in the AAR forums. The fact that you continued all the way to the end after the military disasters that struck you is an achievement in and of itself. Good job.

When you begin part 2, I hope you will continue the fight against the Soviets. Keep fighting them until you either annihilate them or force them to peace on your terms.

Looking forward to part 2. And Happy 2010!

Beautiful.

That is the best AAR I've ever read. Bar none.

Well done.

Beautiful.

Well done.

What he said

You took it like a man, and came out with a great setting to build a mod on. The rest we have to share will be said and done in our private messaging ;)

Congratulations on finishing!

Beautiful.

Well done.

+1 :D:

Against all the odds, democracy lives!!!

It really has been incomparable, in both scale and quality of updates, and I eagerly anticipate both the mod and the sequel!

Bonne année!

Beautiful AAR...what a bittersweet ending. I really wanted firestorm to win this war and have his victorious armies march down the streets of Berlin...but oh well, you can't have everything in life.

And hehe...for some reason, this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mIDdaXzDlg&feature=related began playing in my head when he announced his victory in Australia...and then, the screen fades to black.

:(

Oh.. its all over. Awesome offensives in Australia, I was well impressed. This is insane.

Cant wait for part II. Really hanging out for it!

Amazing AAR, one of the best here, if not the best. :cool:
Congratulations and Happy New Year!

You should create an event where the UK (with axis backing) declares war on Argentina in order to get the Falklands back for the prestige it would bring back to the UK and to bring Argentina back into the fold.

You could also create a sub-event that would let you have the option to join in on some land grabbing. Thereby backfiring the Axis plan. Just an idea.

@All: Thanks guys, I'm really glad you guys liked it. It feels weird for it to be over already, but I suppose it has been one year and 1 month :p

@Midge: I'm not sure what I will be doing in the way of events yet. Britain has no real means of supporting a war on any scale. They are like the Japan of Europe at the moment.