• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, though they will likely be using historical candidates, or rough competitors. It will also only fire if the USA is a democracy. It would be too hard to mod 1962 - 2012 for every possible outcome. Maybe after I get the mod to where I want it will I mod in alternatives :p

We already have a list of election primaries from 1962 - 2012. What we don't have, however, is a list of cabinet members and everyone's ideology.

I could always help out some if you'd like, I am a politics nerd. So, are you saying the US wills till be able to become a Dictatorship? That'd be interesting.

After I get the core of stuff done, then I will need help for plotting paths that go off the beaten path.

Since elections will not take place during a dictatorship, I will need some help adding undemocratic leaders to the database during that timeframe.

I'll be posting for more help, like I said, after I get a full lsit of what needs to be done up. I am happy to see such eagerness to help! :D:cool::)

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Team_TGG/index.php?c=8

This is what we have so far.

If by my life or death I can assist you, I will.

For those waiting, I am currently working on both updates. They will be posted one right after the other. Those shall be my last updates till after Christmas.

CBC World News – November 10th, 1960

November 10th, 1960

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight, we report on the latest news from Europe, Asia and around the world."

"This is Tommy Fourever, here as always every night with the latest headlines from about the globe."

"The United States military has almost finished its evacuation of the Korean Peninsula. As American units withdrew from the South Korean city of Seoul, thousands of refugees fled south with the retreating units, hindering the retreat. Despite American persistence on the danger of traveling with the military convoy, civilians continued to ignore the advice and carry on south. This would have its toll on many over the weeks. The Soviets, who were right on the tails of the American units, cared little to distinguish between enemy and civilian. Civilians soon found themselves in the crossfires between American forces and the Red Army as both sides attempted to delay the other. Soviet aircraft attacks strafed the military and other alike, which has drawn major criticism from the Axis states. The Soviet Union relies heavily on the Axis states for oil imports, as well as some of the specialized equipment required to make accurate gunsights and air to air missiles on their aircraft. More so then ever, the Soviet Union's ignorance may prove to be costly in the future."

"In the United States, Democracy has proven to not care whether or not the host state is at war or not. The recent election, which pit Democrat leader John F. Kennedy against Republican leader Richard M. Nixon, has resulted in Kennedy assuming the power of the state and thus becoming the United State's 35th President. Kennedy is seen to be more lenient towards left-wing sympathizers, and is suspected to be a better candidate for securing peace with the Soviet Union. However, his attitudes towards right-wing politicians has many in that political spectrum feeling nervous. His feelings towards Germany and the Axis states are anything but friendly, and may server to damage the relations that the former President Eisenhower spent his term trying to mend."

"Australian battles seem to have come to a lull as both sides prepare for their next combat operations. Chicago Pact forces have been redeployed to the continent in large numbers, where nearly 1 million Pact soldiers have already been assembled to meet the Red Army's presence. The US military says it hopes to put another 500,000 men on the continent over the next half-year. The Red Army is falling short on military manpower, as Beria struggles to contain the wide-spread discontent with his government that is plaguing south and south-west Asia. The political resistance movement, which covers the Indian and Chinese populations, has recently engaged in violent attack on Russian-appointed 'rulers' of these regions, with 4 high-ranking officials having been killed over the past few weeks. Beria has been rapidly losing control of the Soviet Union since the war, in which much of the Russian-Soviets were deployed overseas."

ScreenSave429.jpg

ScreenSave432.jpg

ScreenSave434.jpg

ElectionTime.png

ScreenSave436.jpg

**Update 1: Completed. Update 2: Coming within the next 30min. Gameplay wise: Soviet fleet is hiding, and I have had small-ship engagements with roaming cruiser fleets.**

CBC World News – December 9th, 1960

December 9th, 1960

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight, we report on the latest news from Europe, Asia and around the world."

"Good evening, this is Tommy Fourever, here as always every night every day with the latest headlines from about the globe."

"The latest reports out of Australian show a significant Red Army offensive has begun against Pact forces in southern Australia. The Australian government has pulled all major governing office out of Canberra after intelligence reports stated that a nuclear attack on the city may occur. The reports turned out true, and a week later the attack took place. Much of the city was destroyed, and opened the path for the Red Army to attack the last major Pact port at Sydney."

"American forces in the region were able to barely stop the Red Army advance with the help of recently arrived troops from the US mainland. Although taking heavy casualties, it appears that the Red Army's offensive has stopped, and may be due in part to the heavy air support that Pact forces are now just recently enjoying. With the constant flow of supply and military materiel, it appears that this may have been the Red Army's last chance to defeat Pact forces in Australia. Renewed efforts by the US Carrier fleets in the Pacific have contributed to a significant shortage of munitions in the Red Army as well."

"The Axis engineering groups in Africa have begun discussions on a large-scale irrigation project. The preliminary drafts are thought to be, as stated by a reputable Canadian engineer, '...a little wild, even for Axis tastes...'. The project, which has yet to have the most basic approval by any major firm, is expected to turn the Quattra depression into a North African lake."

ScreenSave438.jpg

ScreenSave440.jpg

ScreenSave445.jpg

ScreenSave448.jpg

ScreenSave450.jpg

ScreenSave452.jpg

ScreenSave454.jpg

**That WAS the last Soviet push. They have tried, and failed, to get past that. Guess what? In the spring, the fortunes of war WILL change. And I WILL launch the greatest offensive known since the end of the Second World War. How it will turn out? I don't know, I am only just starting it ingame :D**

**That WAS the last Soviet push. They have tried, and failed, to get past that. Guess what? In the spring, the fortunes of war WILL change. And I WILL launch the greatest offensive known since the end of the Second World War. How it will turn out? I don't know, I am only just starting it ingame :D**

I hope you'll fail. Red Australia looks nice on the map.

Kennedy is an autocratic charmer? as a Democratic?

I was talking to a friend on the phone while reading the update. Right when he was talking, I yelled "HOLY CRAP! Canberra got NUKED!" :D

How will it turn out? Why with victory!

@soulking and alexon47: That is hilarious. I can just picture that in my head...the confused look on everyone else's face :p

@Raaritsgozilla: I sure hope so. Things seem positive so far. But for that, you guys must wait till after Christmas :)

@Alexon47: 12:08 right now, just a tad past midnight. Nice to hear about you're teacher. He actually reads it? Cool.
@Hermann Steiner: Thanks!

Mod related:

Me, I am up late because I'm working on the mod. Right now, if anyone wants to help, I could use some help building a new military leader database for the US (going to start with the US and work from there). It is a monumental task, as I will need a leader list from 1962 till 2012. I suppose with this alternate timeline, we can use realistic 'made-up names' for that gigantic of a database.

That will NOT be fun. I am also not opposed to allowing the person(s) who assist in this put their name in the list. Even if it is contributing one name, as long as it is a realistic name, I'll allow it. :)

Linky!

Nope, as long as it is not a far-fetched and unrealistic name. I prefer to have a mix of real leaders + faked ones. I know how big of a task this is, so I hope to have multiples assisting with it. Which reminds me, I think its time to put an official mod post out in the HoI mods section.

So the soviet offensive in Australia has been contained, impressive!
Btw Marshall is still the CoS in 1960?

Well, I hope your optimism isn't unfounded and that really was the last Soviet push. There is little room for retreats left after this one. ;)

Merry Christmas to you all and also to all the poor CP pixels still on the frontlines.