• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1 mp in the mp pool is 10,000 because there are 10,000 men in a division and it takes 10 mp to build. so thats logical that 10 mp would equal the 10,000 men in a division.

on the map im not so sure but it would make sense to be the same as that doesnt represent how many people are there, but how much mp you get from that province in to the mp pool every year

1 mp in the mp pool is 10,000 because there are 10,000 men in a division and it takes 10 mp to build. so thats logical that 10 mp would equal the 10,000 men in a division.

on the map im not so sure but it would make sense to be the same as that doesnt represent how many people are there, but how much mp you get from that province in to the mp pool every year

1 division = 3 brigades = 15,000 men = 10mp = 1,500 men / mp point.

That is what I use for calculating my soldier counts when I say '450,000 Red Army Soldiers' and such.

As for a response to the rest of you, I will be doing that when I get back from doing the last of my Christmas shopping. Only three people left, so I should have it all done today :D

Edit, mistake in reading.

Last edited:
1 division = 3 brigades = 15,000 men = 10mp = 1,500 men / mp point.

That is what I use for calculating my soldier counts when I say '450,000 Red Army Soldiers' and such.

As for a response to the rest of you, I will be doing that when I get back from doing the last of my Christmas shopping. Only three people left, so I should have it all done today :D

Last minute? Nice. I plan to do mine on the 22nd-23rd. Nothing motivates a man like last minute panic.

As always :rofl:

Now, as I promised...

I would imagine that there are alot of civilians wanting to be evacuated from Korea. Are you going to be pulling a civilian evacuation as well and use it as a boost for manpower ?

I might do something like that when I start Part II. I also plan to boost Canada's MP to represent the refugee inflow.

Exactly.

Here's a thought. Take military control, select all the ghost fleets, use the command bar (not right-click, it won't work) to select 'rebase', select the furthest naval port you have, unpause for 1 hour, all the ghost fleets will be at sea, use command bar to select 'none'. After 1 day, poof. If all at once is what crashes your game, do it a few at a time.

I shall try that when I load it up next.

I'm pretty sure that there aren't more than 1000 MP-points on the map total. So 1 MP on the map doesn't mean only a few ten-thousand people if we assume that those points represent the whole eligible civilian population of a country out of which the soldiers are recruited.
Not the entire population joins into the army each year, after all. And the same is true for any refugees. Odds are, not a single one of them will enlist in the army, since they are immigrants and all. So 60 000 refugees seeking shelter in a country of about 200 million won't change anything about the manpower distribution.

Unless you recruit volunteer brigades on the promise that they'll get Korea back - and a series of event chains that fire as the game progresses, reducing their org and max str to represent desertion as the promised goal grows ever more distant?

I will be posting two updates within the next 24h. I've got to update all of 1961 by January 1st :p Been spending too much time getting shopping done and working on the mod.

I will be posting two updates within the next 24h. I've got to update all of 1961 by January 1st :p Been spending too much time getting shopping done and working on the mod.

This is way too late to do shopping. Plus online shopping is better which requires you to be an early bird.

If you need a background for raising manpower, you can use something like "Germany releases POWs after an age". The war against Germany ended maybe over a decade ago, but nevertheless some POWs will still be in Europe. They needed them to re-build the nearly eradicated cities all over the continent.

Maybe they will never again volunteer to join an army, but draft is draft. It doesn't matter if you want to go. Otherwise they can refill the workers ranks and set some others free. (If the age to join the army was reduced to 15 - if I remember correctly - they now can be between 30 and 40. This means another 30 years of service.)

Seems like something I might put into the mod I am working on., for an event that fires shortly after 1962.
@OAM: I know, I have no real excuse >_<
-----

For those not following the forum, I am working on a mod (Called Democracy's Last Legs) that I plan to release starting in the year 1962. I have no idea how long it will take, but I cannot continue past 1964 without it. (tech tree, models, and minister / leader database(

That is why my updates have few inbetween, and which is why I will be blitz-updating today and the days following Christmas.

The mod, on the other hand, will have:
New Tech Tree
New Leaders + Ministers for major countries
January 1st, 1962 Starting scenario (you get to start where I start! Exciting?)
Oh, and what post-war mod would be complete without new provinces names for the German-colonized Poland and Ukraine regions? :D 'Neu Rommel' anyone? lol

After I post my two updates this afternoon, I plan on focusing on a task-specific list to post in my forum for anyone who wants to help out. Currently OAM, KaiserMuffin, Dain, and Merlowe have probably saved me a good 10hours of work min. Yes guys, that is worth of public commendation, just like I have in the past :)

After I get abit more stuff done, I might make an official post in the HoI Mods Section.

seems like something i might put into the mod i am working on., for an event that fires shortly after 1962.
@oam: I know, i have no real excuse >_<
-----

for those not following the forum, i am working on a mod (called democracy's last legs) that i plan to release starting in the year 1962. I have no idea how long it will take, but i cannot continue past 1964 without it. (tech tree, models, and minister / leader database(

that is why my updates have few inbetween, and which is why i will be blitz-updating today and the days following christmas.

New tech tree
new leaders + ministers for major countries
january 1st, 1962 starting scenario (you get to start where i start! Exciting?)
oh, and what post-war mod would be complete without new provinces names for the german-colonized poland and ukraine regions? :d 'neu rommel' anyone? Lol

Yes!

Seems like something I might put into the mod I am working on., for an event that fires shortly after 1962.
@OAM: I know, I have no real excuse >_<
-----

For those not following the forum, I am working on a mod (Called Democracy's Last Legs) that I plan to release starting in the year 1962. I have no idea how long it will take, but I cannot continue past 1964 without it. (tech tree, models, and minister / leader database(

That is why my updates have few inbetween, and which is why I will be blitz-updating today and the days following Christmas.

New Tech Tree
New Leaders + Ministers for major countries
January 1st, 1962 Starting scenario (you get to start where I start! Exciting?)
Oh, and what post-war mod would be complete without new provinces names for the German-colonized Poland and Ukraine regions? :D 'Neu Rommel' anyone? lol

After I post my two updates this afternoon, I plan on focusing on a task-specific list to post in my forum for anyone who wants to help out. Currently OAM, KaiserMuffin, Dain, and Merlowe have probably saved me a good 10hours of work min. Yes guys, that is worth of public commendation, just like I have in the past :)

After I get abit more stuff done, I might make an official post in the HoI Mods Section.

Are you going to add events that can customize U.S. elections? such as primaries?

Oh a nice project.
Can't wait to play with this mod, Good luck! :D

Are you going to add events that can customize U.S. elections? such as primaries?

Yes, though they will likely be using historical candidates, or rough competitors. It will also only fire if the USA is a democracy. It would be too hard to mod 1962 - 2012 for every possible outcome. Maybe after I get the mod to where I want it will I mod in alternatives :p

We already have a list of election primaries from 1962 - 2012. What we don't have, however, is a list of cabinet members and everyone's ideology.

Yes, though they will likely be using historical candidates, or rough competitors. It will also only fire if the USA is a democracy. It would be too hard to mod 1962 - 2012 for every possible outcome. Maybe after I get the mod to where I want it will I mod in alternatives :p

We already have a list of election primaries from 1962 - 2012. What we don't have, however, is a list of cabinet members and everyone's ideology.

I'm pretty sure that in this timeline everyone would have been a lot more right winged for example, the Quebec Independence Movement of the 90s would have been possibly brutally suppressed and may have evolved into a guerrilla war. To take it another step, the (something) Lake standoff between the government and Aboriginal groups could have escalated to something a lot more violent as well. Come to think of it that would make an interesting series of events ...

If you need anyone to help with the possibility of events or anything then I can help you out with it. Other than that, I can't be of much use except to come up with a political situation as the story develops.