• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Give Romania only 3 provinces without Stanislawow. That's the best solution (That's also the territory they would gain in the real world). Belorussia should be partitioned between Russia and Germany. The Baltics should be given to Germany.

To be honest? I think destroying Romania would be best. Think of any clever thing that would lead to this. And in the result, you have a BIG Hungary, bigger Bulgaria and the best borders there you can imagine.

Don't ya think that'd be alittle unfair to one of the major combatants on the Axis side?

@Baltic States: Should I really put them under German control? Are there any historical claims to support such a move? As it is, I am almost tempted to leave it the way it is up there. We'll see what kind of answers I get.

Don't ya think that'd be alittle unfair to one of the major combatants on the Axis side?

@Baltic States: Should I really put them under German control? Are there any historical claims to support such a move? As it is, I am almost tempted to leave it the way it is up there. We'll see what kind of answers I get.

Bottom of the two maps looks fine.

Well, OTL they were combined into Ostland, which is what I'd do here, just excluding Belarus inside Ostland.

Well it´s old land of the Teutonic Order - even the Nazi Propaganda made comments about the medieval germanic roots of the baltic states during Barbarossa. Had a German minority at that time. Maybe the Nazis could just use the idea of Oberost (Upper East) from WWI, which planned on creating a big eastern puppet for the Reich in order to protect it from Russia/SU.

I´d say you should combine the Baltic States and Byelorussia to Ostland. Borders would look nicer that way. Afaik high society in the Baltic States had a lot of people with German roots, which would justify the special administred puppet state (maybe later to be integrated into the Reich by event).

My 2 cents:

Unify the Baltic States, as has been said.

Give Romania the territory even if it will look ugly.

Give the right three provinces of Belarus to Russia, the rest to Germany.

Also, give Memel back to the unified Baltic State. Germany only took it in the first place because there was a German population there. If the Baltic State is going to be a German/Prussian run organization, then Germany can sleep at night knowing that the Germans in Memel won't be oppressed, or something.

I seriously didn't get the Axis point of wiev there. First make Romania small and give half of their territory to Hungary, then ally them and make them a normal nation of the Axis.

So either make those two create Hungary-Romania, or give Romania back the lands that were given to Hungary. Otherwise the map will look terrible there. That's the truth.

I seriously didn't get the Axis point of wiev there. First make Romania small and give half of their territory to Hungary, then ally them and make them a normal nation of the Axis.

So either make those two create Hungary-Romania, or give Romania back the lands that were given to Hungary. Otherwise the map will look terrible there. That's the truth.

:confused: Why do you say this?

There were (still are) ethnic Hungarians living in the region that was given to Romania in the Vienna awards. The region was given to Romania at Versailles as a reward for bashing Hungary and generally sucking up to the Entente. The dispute over Transsylvania was endangering peace in the Balkans in 1940 and Hitler demanded that Romania and Hungary should negotiate over how this problem would be solved. Hungary demanded all the land back from WW1, Romania wanted to cede only a tiny little bit. Then Hitler stepped in and decided Hungary would get half their demands if they shut up about it and stop threatening pro-German countries with war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Vienna_Award

I think the map is fine as it is.

I will respond to the comments here when I get home. I got an exam to write now!

Oh, and I started on some scenario descriptions for the scenario I will be making (as part of the Democracy's Last Legs Mod, it is easier just to make it a mod-this way when its done I can give it out to you guys).

Well, here it is. Everyone should have viewing access now, as I set it to public.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Team_TGG/index.php?showtopic=108&st=0#entry1071372

edit: I swear I never notice this before, but what is this 'reputation' thing near the 'online/offline' icon? Has this been here all the time?

edit: I swear I never notice this before, but what is this 'reputation' thing near the 'online/offline' icon? Has this been here all the time?

I just noticed it this morning.

Seems like its brand new.

For historical claims, large parts of the Baltic states were controlled by the Teutonic Order in the 15th century. Since the Order is widely considered to be the start of the Prussian military traditions, it certainly makes sense that a Wehrmacht controlled Germany would annex the Baltic.

Its a wiki article, but there's also a map which may be useful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_the_Teutonic_Order

Also, I want to say that Germany should get parts of the Caucuses as well. First it makes strategic sense for the Germans because of the large oil reserves there. Also, in terms of historical precedent, there's a sizable community of Germans in the Volga region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga_Germans

Last edited:
@Volga Germans: Interesting...but I don't see a map of where these Germans actually are, making it difficult to give them territory.

PS. The part at the end of the alliances thread is simply epic. Neutrals : None.

Well, to be honest, I think there are a couple unaligned nations somewhere. Dominican Republic I think is one of them. I will have to check :rofl:

Are there really enough Germans in Russia to exercise a claim that large? It seems like an awful large amount of territory to hold.

edit: This is what I have for eastern Europe so far, if we give Germany the Baltics

EuropeRoughDraft.jpg

note: No, Persia does not have Baku. Jpeg killed the colors of the nations on this map.

edit: Looks like Reputation system is gone once again.

Last edited:
1. Why is La Coruna independent and 2. I think we should have an Ostland/OberOst of Estonia, Lavtia, and Lithuania.

We also have to remember that Germany does not have enough population to colonize all that area. So I think I am going to stick with what I just gave them - it is more then enough. That is, unless there are some minor changes that people would like to see worked in. Otherwise, if you are all in agreement with that last map, then say so and it shall be done.

It is one of the few trouble areas to fix up before I release a global map :)
edit: White is WIP
edit2: Ostland as a nation?