• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The British and Canadian flags are awesome. Im not too sold on the New Zealand one though. I think it may be the colours, and the star in the corner. The southern cross is fine though.

This one is my favourite This one isnt too bad, but maybe with the dark blue of the one you have instead of the lighter shade.

This one is wholly for Maori This one is the Maori flag, but isnt something that would represent the whole country.

So yeah, I'd vote for the first one I showed, or the one you did with a koru or something Maori in place of the star on the upper left. Mainly the first one here lol

EDIT: Midge is right though, the flag should have something Maori in it, the 28th Maori Battalion were pretty tough. But then again, the Silver Fern is something that could represent unity between Maori and Europeans. This site has some options, but I'd ignore whatever Helen Clark says. Its not nearly as cool :D

Last edited:
Oh. My. God.

I love the community, so much. Awesome flags you guys made.

The British and Canadian flags are awesome. Im not too sold on the New Zealand one though. I think it may be the colours, and the star in the corner. The southern cross is fine though.

This one is my favourite This one isnt too bad, but maybe with the dark blue of the one you have instead of the lighter shade.

This one is wholly for Maori This one is the Maori flag, but isnt something that would represent the whole country.

So yeah, I'd vote for the first one I showed, or the one you did with a koru or something Maori in place of the star on the upper left. Mainly the first one here lol

EDIT: Midge is right though, the flag should have something Maori in it, the 28th Maori Battalion were pretty tough. But then again, the Silver Fern is something that could represent unity between Maori and Europeans. This site has some options, but I'd ignore whatever Helen Clark says. Its not nearly as cool :D

What about this flag?
I think it looks just beautiful.
and according to wikipedia the red colour also represents the maori.
so that should be cool too.

edit: wasn´t the monarchy abandoned after the british betrayal? Or was this more like an Nazi plot against the churchill administration and the queen, and so she had to flee to Canada?
btw I like the provincial symbols of number 1 of this post too. but the rest of the flag doesnt really match. number 5 is also very good looking, but isnt it too agressive for a democratic national flag? maybe a mix of 1 and 5 could do the trick?

Last edited:
What about this flag?
I think it looks just beautiful.
and according to wikipedia the red colour also represents the maori.
so that should be cool too.

Yeah thats almost the flag that Firestorm suggested, but the one I suggested has the black/silver fern, the red for Maoridom, and the blue with Southern Cross for out place in the world. It encompasses the nation as a whole.

I love the canadian #4 flag, but #5 will do too. Maybe the French flag should indeed be Petains favorite, as he is probably in charge (or a similar Junta is, comparable to Franco's system in our time line)

...but isnt it too agressive for a democratic national flag? maybe a mix of 1 and 5 could do the trick?

I thought that abit too, but then realized it is more a symbol of strength (the swords), unity (the maple leaves in a circle around the center), and its importance on monarchy (the crown). In addition to this, Canada has been at war longer than most European countries. Not to mention they are the furthest right government in the Chicago Pact I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but they are Social Conservative I think). With all that is going on in the world, I think they need a symbol of strength and unity for their nation, who now finds herself distanced from the mother state of Britain, and in a new world where other nations are not exactly the most 'friendly'.

New Zealand flag continues to bug me. When I am done classes for today, I will attempt to craft some more. I like the one I posted, but the first version I had up is too skewed (longest side is compressed when put into HoI form, and the stars thus looked awful) and when I moved stuff around to make it fit, it didn't seem right.

Also, I prefer the Vichy French flag for France.

Me too, even if it was not the Vichy flag but the flag of Marshall Pétain.
The official French flag, during the Vichy regime, was simply the old "tricolore".

I don't have a counter for it yet, as I play with icons in HoI2 (but I play with counters in HoI 3)

But have the flag set done, I just stopped posting it as it didn't add anything really :)

If you want that one, I can send you the two in a zip. I can also work on a counter later on if you like.

I believe today is the day in which the six month old Canadian Flag debate ended. Can we expect an update regarding that event in your timeline today ?

Yes, there will be an update today. Yes, there will be a tidbit on the Canadian flag. :)

what does a federation have to do with australia? this isnt the armageddon scenario. i think all of them look great!

Well seeing as the federation star has been an important part of the flag since 1901, I'd say it's a rather important aspect of the flag (particularly the flag in this timeline, seeing as the emphasis is on freedom and independance).

CBC World News – September 29th, 1960

September 29th, 1960

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight, we report on the latest news from Europe, Asia and around the world."

"Good evening, this is Tommy Fourever, with the national and international news today."

"Here in Canada, Parliament has finally come to an agreement on the proposed changes to Canada's national flag. The decision to change the flag arose after several debates were brought up recently in regards to its link to the British flag, a nation which has sparked large resentment amongst the Canadian people. Though this debate has been going on in the back channels for several years since the close of the Second World War, only over the past 6 months has it gained any momentum. The arrival of the Queen from Britain only added to the controversy for the change, where it was decided that some link to the monarch should be retained, under the basis that the Monarchy did not betray the Allies, but the government of Britain. This belief is reinforced by the fact that Queen Elizabeth the 2nd fled her country as a result of what it has become."

"The new Canadian flag has been designed with a touch of patriotism, meant to symbolize Canada's new position in the world as a defender of democracy. With much of the world's ideologies falling to either left or right of the political spectrum, Canada's politicians felt this would be a fitting change for its flag. Officially, this is how the flag is broken up: The ring of maple leaves is a symbol of Canadian unity; the swords crossing the emblem and leaves to symbolize Canada's role to protect its' citizens, the eagle to represent freedom, and the crown to represent Canada's link to the true monarchy."

"Queen Elizabeth II has officially been declared a protected citizen of Canada, and it is now know that the Canadian government will refuse any demand of deportation back to Britain by Oswald Mosely. The German government has stated that it will not push the issue with Canada, as the German government wishes to mend international relations, instead of exacerbate them."

"Internationally, the war in the Pacific-Asia theater continues to make headlines as the Red Army advances in Japan towards Tokyo. The Japanese city of Osaka, of which is mostly a nuclear-wrecked ruin, fell to the Soviets as American forces retreated to form a defensive line in the mountains east of the city. The Red Army is estimated to have nearly 20% of its entire armed forces on the island, but has been unable to commit all of its forces offensively due to the severely damaged infrastructure in the region. Ironically, much of this damage was caused in the opening days of the war by the Soviet Union's nuclear arsenal."

ScreenSave412.jpg

ScreenSave414.jpg

ScreenSave463.jpg

**Damn did those Soviets get close to the shores. I'm glad I had patrols of my less useful ships going, otherwise they could have hit my transport squadrons. And who will take the Queen's place in government for Britain now? On another note, DMLL Part 1 will be ending January 1st, 1962. The game is becoming increasingly difficult to play at a decent speed (lag spikes are taking longer to overcome now). This means when I get AoD, I will be starting from that same date.**

Last edited:
Well seeing as the federation star has been an important part of the flag since 1901, I'd say it's a rather important aspect of the flag (particularly the flag in this timeline, seeing as the emphasis is on freedom and independance).

Do you have an idea of an Australian flag? Even a shitty paint drawing as a concept will work, so I can go and make some to post on here (similar to what I did to the Canadian flags)