• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No need to sound so cranky. When you play HOI2, you get not one event regarding the less then pleasant adventures of German racism regarding occupied peoples and Jews. If you can recall when Firestorm made his way into central Germany, there wasnt even an EXTREMELY vague mention of *those places* so it is not illogical to assume that in a game where those crimes dont exist physically, that they are reflected in in game politics with a much less "Hitlerite" government. Heck even Goebbels provides bonus' for more manpower from occupied countries.

I am also not trying to take over discussion, I am merely offering input and interpretations and awaiting to be disproved.

democracyslastlegs.jpg
A Little screenie from one of my games, I was shocked when realised what I got dejavu from. I though some other people might have found it humerous as well.
Hi Austria Hungary. Where did you get those colored leader icons from? Thanks in advance.

Oh hey Firestorm. I've got a nice Calgary Flames t-shirt that says "Oil spill ahead" I was wondering if you'd like to see it.

(Calgarian joking around)

Wicked AAR BTW. Ludicrous AI, but you gotta love that.

It is from the Graphics pack for World in Flames, it gives hundreds of color photos like that and as well as some other cool interface photos.

Even if you dont have the mod I would recommend anybody to get the graphics.

Oh hey Firestorm. I've got a nice Calgary Flames t-shirt that says "Oil spill ahead" I was wondering if you'd like to see it.

Grr...Calgarians. (/Edmontonian joking around)

But yeah, our city teams have not been too hot lately. Welcome to my thread, I don't think I have seen you in here before. Glad you like it :)

Hi Austria Hungary. Where did you get those colored leader icons from? Thanks in advance.

The GIP works great too, and if I recall correctly, the GIP is contained in WiF. You can download GIP seperate, I can look for a link when I get home.

The Unit Icons in my AAR (the pictures, and not the usual generic icon), are from...uh, I think it was called SkiFF or something like that. Honestly, I do not remember what it was called, but I can look for a link for that as well.

Yea that sucks about our teams. Part of a continuing decline it seems. Calgary lost the cup then Edmonton lost it. Should have seen me shake my fist, especially when Edmonton lost it, was really hoping our beloved province would get it the second time. I cheer for both teams, maybe it's because I spend most of my time in Fort Mcmurray :D

Ah thanks for word on the good mods. Yea I just joined the forum. Paradox has it's hold, just got EU 3 and HOI 2. Currently into my 3rd game of HOI 2, love it. EU 3 is excellent too but it kinda gets old quick.

CBC World News – September 18th, 1959

September 18th, 1959

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight, we report on the latest news from Asia and around the world."

"Soviet bombers have nuked the last major Japanese city in Southern Japan, the city of Fukuoka. Despite having repeated warnings on the evacuation from major urban centers, many refused to leave their homes. In addition to the destruction of much of the city, the city's port facilities and airfields were completely destroyed. The American Aircraft reserve was also destroyed, resulting in the destruction of two fighter fleets. The attacks come as a blow to American moral, whose airmen have been fighting non-stop for the entire summer to secure the skies over Korea and Japan. With the war on the ground having come to a halt, and American and Soviet fleets having retired to repair their ships, the focus of the war has shifted to the skies. Every day, hundreds of aircraft pout off of American assembly lines, and still are barely able to replenish losses on the Soviet front. Despite this, Soviet airfleets are also running out of steam, with fighter coverage of bombers dropping significantly."

"In Europe, Albanian terrorists have attacked a string of Italian Tirane, killing 24 and leaving 22 wounded. As a result, Italian Police in the area have been backed up by military forces. This, however, has only fueled the situation more, prompting several riots by Albanian extremists. Many have called for the release of the former King Zog, believed to be in Italian captivity since the annexation of the small Adriatic country. Italian officials have denounced the claim, and claim that the former King fled the country after the government capitulated."

"Albania is not the only region to suffer unrest recently. Here in Canada, many refugees from Europe have still not been granted citizenship, despite having lived in the country for 15 years or more. Immigration offices have been overloaded with work since the end of the war, and continuously work in an attempt to process all of the requests."

"In Asia, with most Red Army troops bogged down fighting the American forces, several prominent leaders from the Chinese regions have spoken up, demanding a larger say in the goings of the Soviet Union. Their claim is '...that since China makes up the larger demographic portion of the Soviet Union, the Chinese people should have some say in the direction the way Soviet government leads the Chinese people...'. The Soviet leadership has turned down requests for information, and it is expected that Beria will respond the way he has in the past: with Soviet brutality."

ScreenSave276.jpg

ScreenSave278.jpg

ScreenSave281.jpg

ScreenSave284.jpg

ScreenSave288.jpg

ScreenSave289.jpg

ScreenSave280.jpg

ScreenSave290.jpg

**Soviets have a never-ending steam of aircraft. Germany has enough divisions to take over the planet. And the sad thing is-most of Germany's infantry has been lent out to her allies. I loaded up as Germany quickly to see-and Russia has some German troops under expeditionary force. What else? Oh yeah, too many screenshots, but you guys deserve them once and awhile :). A many thanks goes out to Midge, for pointing a few things out that I have neglected in many news reports. Oh, and two fighter-fleets = two fighter divisions**

**Soviets have a never-ending steam of aircraft. Germany has enough divisions to take over the planet. And the sad thing is-most of Germany's infantry has been lent out to her allies.

Holy Cr... :eek:
Furthermore the Germans have a f....g huge navy: 39 BB, 50 CV...what a monster!

This single token German battlecruiser is funny. :rofl:

And the city of Fukuoka...got fucked. Well, still better than a nuke right into your defensive line.

A many thanks goes out to Midge, for pointing a few things out that I have neglected in many news reports.

Especially now that the Korean War (tm) has bogged down to little more than a regional conflict. Good work on incorporating a wider range of news. ;)

Nice Video makes me look forward to 2010 with anticipation. Also would it be possible to make a second landing say in India? If you can take the country that would be a nice manpower boost.

Nice Video makes me look forward to 2010 with anticipation. Also would it be possible to make a second landing say in India? If you can take the country that would be a nice manpower boost.

you don't get manpower from overseas provinces whilst at war. This is why Britain always runs low on MP during the war in HoI2

I need more divisions, of which I am making so many serials of. I have 1500 mp to burn through :D

Your MP gain is how much per day? 1.1?

I do believe it is about that. I will be playing further in once again today, so I will be able to tell you exactly what it is.

you don't get manpower from overseas provinces whilst at war. This is why Britain always runs low on MP during the war in HoI2

I think they are fixing that in AoD. Otherwise, India would have been great. Too bad they do not have much IC after liberation though (if I went with that over occupation that is).

germany has 222 armored divisions? :eek:
holy ****

no oil shortage?

germany has 222 armored divisions? :eek:
holy ****

no oil shortage?

he control baku, the middle east, and are allied with romania which gives them ALOT. plus they have indonesia i believe which gives them plenty of rare materials and probably some oil too. they will not have ANY shortage.