• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That is alot of carriers indeed. Lets hope that Germany is just happy to stay at peace and not plunge into another world war

Oh dear. I am so tempted to install DAIM again. Does anyone have any idea if it is compatible with the New Nations Mod?

I would aim for the highest MP and IC concentration in CORED soviet territory, that will produce the biggest effect. This is weighted slightly to MP, doing so should cripple them.

Vladivostock is a potential choice because of the naval presence. Omsk, Novosibirsk, Irkutsk, etc... Most of the non-core isn't producing much for the Soviets. So unless they have managed to core on Beijing or something similar there really isn't much point to striking those since the impact on their MP gen rates and IC will be minimal.

yes, Omsk, Novosibirsk, Irkutsk are all cored, they are part of Siberia. but even though a lot of the chinese USSR territory is not core, it still has a lot of MP and IC, and a strike could be worth it, you just have to do the math, that is all.

on the fight in the pacific: good job! that should stall them awhile

Good job with the Soviet Navy!
Now you'll have the opportunity to strike back.

WHAT. Manila nuked? They are part of the Alliance are they? :D Don't tell me they're building DD IIIs and Interceptor IVs still! :rofl:

Good job taking out some Soviet carriers!! Make the oceans safe for democracy. :cool:

But I would strongly advise against landing anywhere on the Asian continent. There is nothing there that would be worth the immense risks to your troops. The Soviets are probably not out of nukes yet, and even if they were, the next one they build would be dropped on your forces if you landed there.

If you feel you need land forces ready to do something in Asia, don't put them within range of the Soviet bombers. I would assemble some reserve forces in Australia and maybe on the pacific islands, but not on the Philippines or Japan. If the Soviets try a landing on those islands you can always still move the reserves in by ships.

I think the order of the day ought to be to build a long range strategic air force, and to secure air supremacy over your allied countries. If you let NAVs patrol the Indian and Pacific oceans that also ought to help you find and destroy the Soviet carriers, and keep your Allies safe.

I like your plan for taking Korea, but this could backfire. If the USSR has more nukes left, the AI will not hesitate to blast your troops into oblivion. Then you could lose all of Korea again, as well as thousands of irreplaceable soldiers. If your air forces can stop soviet bombers though, it could work very well.

/agree

Taking and holding the Korean mountain-ranges reminds me of a similair plan carried out in the 50s...only back then the Soviets didn't have nukes. :(

That's why I asked after the war plans for the region. At this point all troops sent to Asia are doomed to be nuke-fodder as long as the Soviet reactor is still working - while taking the reactor is currently comletely impossible due to the huge territory involved. If I've ever seen a no-win situation, this would be it. ;)
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"
On the other hand, someone has to do this crusade against communism sooner or later!

Perhaps it's time to finally pursue a long-term plan of strategic stoneage-bombing. Of the entire Asian contintent.

Besides, a question: What's the range of the best ICBM? I always though they could travel across the ocean.

MY GOD!! Japan got UK'ed

I love that term. :rofl:

How much dissent did that one nuke give you (I predict that even if you take Korea, your army will suddenly be hit by a nuke lol)?

None. Was not a core, and I don't even think it had a VP. All it had were troops (which were annihilated)

In order to meet my self-imposed deadline, I will be posting another update today.

Gogogogo!

CBC World News – October 14th, 1958

October 14th, 1958

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight, we report on the latest news from Asia"

"Good evening, this is Tommy Fourever. The American naval base at Wake Island was destroyed by a Soviet nuclear attack last week, causing massive devastation to the tiny island. The American garrison forces stationed there took severe casualties, and forced the US naval assets to find a new base to continue their operations."

"A retaliatory nuclear strike by the United States decimated the Soviet capital of Novosibirsk. The Soviet capital houses several weapon development factories, as well as components for the development of nuclear bombs. The attack was dilievered by the United State's newest model of the far reaching 'intercontinental ballistic missile', which has the capability to strike almost anywhere in the world. The American nuclear attack caused concerns in both the Soviet Union and Germany, as it was suspected that the American nuclear program was not yet advanced enough to produce nuclear material."

"In South America, Argentinian and German diplomats visited with American diplomats last month. The Germans, acting as mediators in the conflict, have been pushing for peace ever since the outbreak of war. After a week of deliberations, the Argentinian government finally decided that peace between the Americas are necessary for continued development of both continents. As of July 5th, 1958, the United States and her allies were at peace with the armies of South America. The South American armies will be withdrawing from Venezuela in the east, and American forces will be withdrawing to Venezuela in the west."

"In Japan, more American forces have been deployed to help keep order on the Japanese mainland. In addition to this, the first bath of European doctors and humanitarian aid arrived yesterday, the first of many expected to visit the island nation."

ScreenSave203.jpg

ScreenSave204.jpg

ScreenSave210.jpg

ScreenSave211.jpg

ScreenSave213.jpg

**I had 3 nukes at Wake, but the Soviet nuke destroyed two of them. Mother f**kers.**

Last edited:
Wow that sucks so much, bad luck on the nukes. Will you be attempting an invasion of China?

At least South America is out of the fight, one down...

For those wondering, Argentina asked for peace, it was not event-driven.

So am I correct in thinking you got their reactor?

Yep!

What does dissent look like in China now? Usually it spikes quite high.
Nothing yet. My best guess is that they have China plastered with divisions.

Will you be attempting an invasion of China?
Korea. It is easier to defend, and is less-defended by the Soviets.

This new format of screenshots cuts down on my photobucket bandwidth. If anyone prefers the old type, please do speak up.

bizarre the AI managed to pick the one province that would hurt you the most (loss of nukes)- never had a DAIM game like this

I was like, what the fuck? How? Maybe it was the highest American VP province in range...