• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If the war drags on with more nukes, it would make sense that the more peaceful Reich would possibly make a pact of mutual assistance with the USA to destroy the potentially dangerous Soviet Republic of Asia once and for all. The USSR is the last thing standing in the way of worldwide peace.

Isn't Argentinia winning in Venezuela? As long as they aren't thrown back behind their initial border, they wouldn't be willing to conclude a white peace. After all, the US can no longer really afford to defend its South American ally, which makes the fall of the Venezualan oil fields to Argentinia much more likely.

From his last post where they wanted a white peace - I judged that things weren't going well for them. I suppose that nuking them would bring massive repercussions. Still, Venezuela can't afford to be lost.

As for the Soviet Union, I honestly don't know what you can do to them. Such a vast expanse of water between you - and after that you have unending tides of screaming commies. My suggestions would be a massive nuclear counterattack and possibly reclaim some Islands or Vietnam and India from them. Large Scale War against the Soviet Union appears to be an impossibility. Nuclear War on a scale unheard of is necessary if you want to win it seems.

I get buried in school and work and this happens... Make the Peace with Argentina. If you don't protect your Asian Allies no one will believe in your ability or will to protect them. At this point I would say it is perfectly allowable to nuke Chinese targets when you run out of Russian ones. Try for a mass volley though.

From his last post where they wanted a white peace - I judged that things weren't going well for them. I suppose that nuking them would bring massive repercussions. Still, Venezuela can't afford to be lost.

As for the Soviet Union, I honestly don't know what you can do to them. Such a vast expanse of water between you - and after that you have unending tides of screaming commies. My suggestions would be a massive nuclear counterattack and possibly reclaim some Islands or Vietnam and India from them. Large Scale War against the Soviet Union appears to be an impossibility. Nuclear War on a scale unheard of is necessary if you want to win it seems.

So much I need to do to win. I need nukes, I gotta get my reactors up to size (non-stop building since end of Civil War). To win, I need aircraft, as the Soviets have so many (over 40 I am sure). To win, I need to take out their naval fleet, which is about 14 carriers now. To win, I need troops.

To win, will be hard.

The mass volley had no effect last time that was tried. The US should stand on the defensive in Asia, there clearly is nothing to win and very little at stake that was no already incinerated in Japan.

I say, keep your boys out of Asia, secure the skies and the seas that separate you from the Reds, and let them roam up and down the coasts as much as they want. If they want to throw more nukes at you and your allies -- well, that's all the more reason not to bring ground troops to Asia and to let Japan take the blows.

The United States are still far from rebuilt. A much larger military is needed - not to mention a larger nuclear arsenal - before you can look eye to eye with the evil empires.

Concentrate on Argentina and on consolidating power in the Americas. First clean your own house, then bring order to other houses!

So much I need to do to win. I need nukes, I gotta get my reactors up to size (non-stop building since end of Civil War). To win, I need aircraft, as the Soviets have so many (over 40 I am sure). To win, I need to take out their naval fleet, which is about 14 carriers now. To win, I need troops.

To win, will be hard.

If you drop a nuke on a troop stack, do the troops die with the territory or no ?

Depends on the level of nuke.

Last MP game I played, the most advanced nukes wiped out all air units and ground units in a province I think.

Keep the nukes. You need 8-10 of them by now to have an impact. And nuke their reactor, to "kill it".

If the war drags on with more nukes, it would make sense that the more peaceful Reich would possibly make a pact of mutual assistance with the USA to destroy the potentially dangerous Soviet Republic of Asia once and for all. The USSR is the last thing standing in the way of worldwide peace.

There's no way that would happen. First, why would they ally with a country that nuked German cities, laid to waste much of the industry, and killed millions of their people? Its been only a decade or so since the end of the war, and almost all Germans that are still alive have lost several close family members or friends to the Americans. I would be surprised if anyone in the their 30s to 40s are even alive due to the war.

Second, the Germans will not attack a country that has nukes. While the US and Russia is still separated by the Pacific and can hope that the bombers and are out of range, Germany is right next door. Doing that would be plain stupid.

Im not saying outright alliance, but rather a common war for the greater good. But still not for another 5 years or so. The USA needs 220 divisions at least.

The Soviet Union has ~280 infantry divisions, 40 armored divisions, 40 fighters (or interceptors) and 36 CAS/TAC/STRAT. They have ~16 carriers + 122 smaller ships.

Hope that helps anyone guessing at the Soviet strength.

I have about 80 divisions I think. I can check when I get back into the game. I might not be able to get an update today. I have 3 courses I have homework in, and am working to finish those up.

Holy hell the Sovs have quite a force. At least your guys will be battle hardened from South America and your carrier have better doctrines... I hope

Im not saying outright alliance, but rather a common war for the greater good. But still not for another 5 years or so. The USA needs 220 divisions at least.
The problem is that Germany and its allies are right next door to Russia. The US and Russia are at least separated by the Pacific, so it'll be unlikely that the the major industrial centers (ie. US east coast) will be hit by nukes. However, in Germany's case, its industrial centers are well within the range of Soviet bombers and nukes. A war would be national suicide for both nations.

On the other hand, a Lend Lease type deal with the Germans to the US (ah, the irony) might be interesting.

by '64 there will be a 3 way war going onbewteen the allies, soviets, and democracys.

ok so you build a few parralel serials of marines so they can go hold the south american jungles. build alot of planes to base in japan and dominate the skies over korea. send your carriers to blockade all the major ports that have ship and your battleships to patrol the sea lanes for ships out of port. spend a few years doing this and accept white peace at first opportunity. move all armored divisions to indonesia with infantry support to prepare to take india. once white peace is nailed you can send those marines corps to vietnam and burma. finally send around 40 mountaneers to land in korea.

remember the large mass the soviet troops are spread around. you will only have to deal with around 150 which you will be able to hopefully overcome by the target date of the invasion in '62. hold defensive lines along the korean peneninsula, and connect burma up with india and take vietnam and hold the mountain ranges long there if you are encountering stiff resistanc eby the time you get there. if not continue through chine and central asia.

all this is supported by a massive nuke strike at the time of the invasion to weaken their forces and hopefully start civil war.

and once you have a solid asian front. you send 150+ green and fresh divisions to take out argentina in or around 1964. right after that you send those 150 to west india to invade germany through the middle east due to the axis DOW. just hope that your manpower will be better off in rounds 2 and 3.

AND YES THERE WILL BE A ROUND 3!!!!

it will be with the aliens of 2012 to doom the semocracys due to the pact of stars made by hitlers dog blondie,,,lol

I just got a comment at firestorm, regarding the already ancient and mysterious surrender of the US forces back in Spain, when they were not technically encircled.

I think I can confirm that you were right, all defeated divisions, who are defeated in 0-infra provinces (maybe together with lack of supply?) surrender immediately when defeated.

This happened in my current DAIM game as USA when I was advancing in Vichy held North Africa with my armored divisions. I was at war with Vichy as per the normal event, so I presume Vichy then moved into Axis also, and thus Italy would have military access and so on...

Some Italian divs had retreated into the Vichy held desert, straight into a 0-infra province El-Qued. They had ample amount of organization, the fight was fairly even at first, but the armored might of the US crushed the 3 Italian divisions which vanished from the map. :D

This provinces of course had normal border connections to all bordering other provinces, so this desert province is NOT like Qattara, which only has a connection to Alexandria I think, and if an enemy were to take Alexandria it would "encircle" all enemies if they would retreat into Qattara.

Reactions:
With Japan's quick game-over, is there even anything left in Asia that's worth protecting? Or are you already preparing the defense of the island chains?

The Soviet Union has ~280 infantry divisions, 40 armored divisions, 40 fighters (or interceptors) and 36 CAS/TAC/STRAT. They have ~16 carriers + 122 smaller ships.

So...they finished 16 carriers since the last fleet update? Well, now we know what those 110 light cruisers are for. They are all intended to be used for the AI-plan of creating an infinite amount of 15 carriers / 15 cruisers strike fleets.

Keep the nukes. You need 8-10 of them by now to have an impact. And nuke their reactor, to "kill it".

Nuking Germany had no lasting effect. It's difficult to nuke an enemy into dissent stone-age if he has more nukes than you. :) And the reactors won't be destroyed by a nuke, only temporarily damaged.

Nuking Germany had no lasting effect. It's difficult to nuke an enemy into dissent stone-age if he has more nukes than you. :) And the reactors won't be destroyed by a nuke, only temporarily damaged.

The temporary damage will actualy be technicaly perminate, because nuke damage rebuilds very slowly, in addition to lowering the upper limit of the reactor without any rebuilds allowed. Or something like that. Needless to say, nuking a reactor is worse then having it taken in ground combat and lost. The wiki says so.

Anywho, about war in Asia. I really don't see a clear war goal. Before war started, I would have been content to hand over Shanghi in exchange for peace. Now, it would almost be an insult to Japan to peace out right away, but seriously, the war is not only unwinnable, but there are no goals involved either!

The temporary damage will actualy be technicaly perminate, because nuke damage rebuilds very slowly, in addition to lowering the upper limit of the reactor without any rebuilds allowed. Or something like that. Needless to say, nuking a reactor is worse then having it taken in ground combat and lost. The wiki says so.

Anywho, about war in Asia. I really don't see a clear war goal. Before war started, I would have been content to hand over Shanghi in exchange for peace. Now, it would almost be an insult to Japan to peace out right away, but seriously, the war is not only unwinnable, but there are no goals involved either!

I plan to land in Korea, liberate them, hold that nice mountain chain in the north, and buy some time for me to protect what I have.

Japan may not have much now, but it is still an obstacle between the Soviets and Me, which is all that matters at the current moment.

I attempted to make peace by handing over Taiwan and Shanghai...but they decided to turn it down.

Maybe they want to destroy me? Maybe they want Japan and Australia?

So...they finished 16 carriers since the last fleet update? Well, now we know what those 110 light cruisers are for. They are all intended to be used for the AI-plan of creating an infinite amount of 15 carriers / 15 cruisers strike fleets.

It would appear so. I was shocked to see 15 carriers going around. You might enjoy the naval combat that I had to endure, but that might not be for a few updates. I don't know why they have so many damn light cruisers, I don't even see them most of the time.

If you are member of Allies and USSR of Comitern, you cant make peace. Major alliances never accept peace offers. You can only use acceptall cheat to get some peace that you think would be realistic.

And how did those damn Soviets built so many carriers? Or phrase it better, how did USSR and Venezuela built any carriers? USSR in DAIM doesnt have any carriers in AI build files as far as 1950. Maybe an event changes them later but I doubt DAIM is made for those late years. And Venezuela and Argentina... They usually dont build anything but DD, who modded them to build and research carriers... :confused: