• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed it was. I loved that book. I hear they are coming out with a movie based on it at some point?

The current setup is very satisfying (Atleast for me), its not all war and look at me how i conqer the world AAR, but it focuses on other fields not covered so often in hoi 2. Maybe a crisis from time to time should happpen, but the AAR is simply great.

Ah, so that's how the worlds going to end! Now, I wonder if anyone will belive me when I say that I figured out what will happen in 2012 from an alternate history WW2 game from the internet...

Good AAR btw, this is the first one i've read, got me into them and HOI.

Sorry for not catching this before, thanks :).
Welcome to my thread!

The current setup is very satisfying (Atleast for me), its not all war and look at me how i conqer the world AAR, but it focuses on other fields not covered so often in hoi 2. Maybe a crisis from time to time should happpen, but the AAR is simply great.

This is abit reassuring. I was not sure if taking it this direction was going to be good or not, its uncharted waters for my AAR. And yes, crisis will happen, just a matter of time :).

Its possible. IMDB.com is claiming it will be due out in 2010
Awesome!

Interesting.

Today I will be updating the AAR, as it appears I have little in the ways of homework so far.

A timeline for you guys...

Just so you guys know, I plan on ending it in 1964 by the end of this month, and possible moving it over to either Arsenal of Democracy (modded, of course, to suit the new timeline), or Hearts of Iron III. I hope I can get enough time to update 6 more years of gameplay in.

Just so you guys know, I plan on ending it in 1964 by the end of this month, and possible moving it over to either Arsenal of Democracy (modded, of course, to suit the new timeline), or Hearts of Iron III. I hope I can get enough time to update 6 more years of gameplay in.

IMO it would be better (and easier for you) with AoD.

Interesting.

Today I will be updating the AAR, as it appears I have little in the ways of homework so far.

A timeline for you guys...

How much work is it shaping up to be?

I agree with Karaiskandar- AoD would be much easier, it seems, and there's no telling what the HOI 3 AI might do :p
just so long as the AAR continues;)

How much work is it shaping up to be?

Alot. I just played abit more into the game, I don't know if I can finish it my end of November.

Update will be up within the next few hours.

Austria Hungary said:
So will you be taking ideas on the OOBs of the nations when that time comes?
Yes I will be, as I will have to set up every nation from scratch (sigh...)
I don't even want to think about how much work that is going to be. I think I might just have one nation annex everything else, and do it that way. I see alot of numbers in the future. However, I likely won't start this till January, as AoD comes out in December.

I am also leaning towards AoD....HoI III and its multi-thousand provinces is too much to mod, not to mention its a new event system I don't want to learn. :p

CBC World News – November 13th, 1957

November 13th, 1957

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight, we cover the latest news in the war in South America."

"Argentinian troops crossed the Venezuelan border this morning after relations between the two nations collapsed following a week of bitter talks. Over 450,000 Argentinian soldiers have reportedly pushed along the coast in an attempt to reach the capital and force the surrender of the nation. The attack came as no surprise, and has been expected for the last few months. Argentina claims that Venezuela has been funding armed rebellions in the Brazilian interior, and states that is the cause for the war. However, it is commonly believed that Argentina wants control of Venezuela's lucrative oil reserves, and is one of the world's most oil-rich regions outside of the United States."

"Venezuela has called out for any help to assist in its fight for freedom. The United States of America, having signed a treaty guaranteeing the oil-rich country's independence, has officially declared war on her aggressors; Peru, Bolivia, and Argentina. Canada, Australia, Japan, and Mexico have also come to the aid of the stricken state. These nations will be contributing both military and economic aid for the nation in an attempt to secure the nation's sovereignty."

"Our reporter from Berlin reports on the German government's take on recent events."

"...The attack on Venezuela by Argentina and her South American allies is quite unfortunate. War is never a pretty option, and stands disgraceful when diplomacy is a valid option. Despite these nations being part of the Axis states, they had no approval from Germany, nor another other state, aside from those currently at war. We feel that since this war is unjustified, that Argentina may run her own course without Axis support. The wounds from the Second World War run deep in the minds of many Europeans, and we wish to see a world of peace, and not a world of war. With this said, Germany will not be intervening in the South American war. However, we do guarantee Argentina's independence, so if the United States takes any form of aggression outside of the Venezuelan combat zone, we will be forced to take action..."

War.jpg

**I have it scripted so that if I venture too far outside of Venezuela, Germany and the Axis will declare war on me. This way, I do not go on a unrealistic liberation spree, nor do I leave hhem totally out of the loop. Too bad HoI is bad at scripting this stuff. This will also be the only war I do via events.**

Last edited:
So no counter invasion? How will you finish the war?

Likely after the inevitable cold war.

To be frank, this whole AAR is the biggest mindfuck possible when you look at how everybody was desperate for peace in real life during this time!

God I love this.

So no counter invasion? How will you finish the war?

How? When a) I lose Venezuela or b) Venezuela advances far enough to make both sides consider peace.

To be frank, this whole AAR is the biggest mindfuck possible when you look at how everybody was desperate for peace in real life during this time!

Right now, it seems only the Europeans want peace. South America has been practically untouched by war, and the Soviets must be itching for revenge.

I also edited the report abit, I added some more details, thought not overly important ones.

Last edited:
this is still one of the best AARs Ive ever read

You can do it Firestorm, just don't go to deep into the Argentine territory... i don't think another war with Germany is feasible before the OOB rewrite (but you have a buffer so who knows what happens?)

also, i'm sure you're legion of fans (myself included) would help you mod a save game and draw up oobs in whatever you choose to continue in.

Would bombing Argentina cause the Axis to declare war on the allies? Because if not then it may be a good way to deal with the problem. Bomb their IC into the ground, wait for their dissent to go up due to either lack of supplies or consumer goods and let Brazil liberate itself and the Argentinian government undergo a coup and leave the Axis. Failing that, you could always fund partisans in Brazil and then let Brazil itself take down the Argies. At the very least you'll wreck Argentina's TC and Venezuela will have no trouble holding its own.