• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I shall post that up sometime tomorrow.

Once the Soviet campaign against China is over, I will post a picture of the entire globe.

Do you have the infinite time limit mod or will this end in 1964 ?

Interesting this is. I would've expected the US to be able to win.

I hope this will lead to a Cold War.

Oh, no time limit is installed, but that does not mean I will go to 1964 or stop at 1964. Nobody shall know my plans! Nobody!

Time to get the Cold War and MDS mods in your computer!!! :D

And get some good modders to collaborate with you to help in save game editing! ;)

With so many divisions on the map, the game must run very slowly, am I wrong?

With so many divisions on the map, the game must run very slowly, am I wrong?

Nope, you are correct. Runs much slower then it did in 1944.

I will be working on that though, as I might do some demobilization events for most of the major powers. Anyone over 300 divisions might get abit of a cut in their army (though naval and air forces will remain untouched).

@OAM and Ciryandor: I already have a plan on how to deal with this sort of thing. Is a secret for now :)

Nope, you are correct. Runs much slower then it did in 1944.

I will be working on that though, as I might do some demobilization events for most of the major powers. Anyone over 300 divisions might get abit of a cut in their army (though naval and air forces will remain untouched).

@OAM and Ciryandor: I already have a plan on how to deal with this sort of thing. Is a secret for now :)

We think it's more related to the number of AI-controlled divisions than the total number of divisions. For example, in TCP there are at least 3000 divisions currently active on the world map, and an equally big amount of aircraft, but the slowdown is limited, at least. We think this is because we annexed all countries on three continents and control two out of three superpowers, greatly reducing the strain on the PC. This is also a reason why we're postponing the full-deal New World Order untill when the US has been defeated, because else the lag would be horrible.

-Laurence

It's not the divisions themselves but the number of AI coutries active that slows everything down? ;)

Yes, good idea, and it's not that hard to do!

Is this actually true? I mean, we suffered the soviet union to live OTL, didint we?

That viewpoint differs depending on if you'd rather suffer in a leftist dictatorship or a rightist dictatorship.

Looking at this game from a more geopolitical perspective, you actually occupy a highly strategic point in the world. Mainly you are the balance of power between the fascists and communists. The fascists have a major edge in technology over and above the Communists, however the massive nuclear war has decimated their major population centers. In turn the Communist forces have a massive nearly limitless manpower pool to draw from, while their technological base and to a lesser extent their Industrial base is likely substantially lower than the Fascists. This leaves you to fill the gap and swing a potential conflict one way or the other. This likely won't be realised unless there was a renewal of hostilities between Germany and the Soviets though.

Been reading for a long time, and This is EPIC! Do You Have Cores on the areas of the country that succeeded? And the leaders that are on trial, are they modded out of the game?

I will attempt to mod those sentenced out of the game.

Has any of your generals gained traits for replacing them? You'll need it.

Suffer not a Nazi-dominated Europe to live. Better the whole world perish in nuclear fire than the Third Reich be allowed to prosper. So....start building ICBMs eh? :p

Im pretty sure the option where the nazis control Europe, is far better then the utter extermination of the human race (There is pretty much no argument you can bring to deny that).

Sure, but a nuclear war wouldn't exterminate the human race, only severely cripple it, so it is still kind of debatable. ;)

To be more precise, in this timeline, nuclear stockpiles aren't even high enough (at least not yet) that the superpowers of the world could suceed in wiping each other from the map as it would have happened in the Cold War. And even then, the rest of the world (in South and Middle America, Africa and Asia) would still be left pretty much alive. The theories about nuclear winter and other feared global effects have all been disproven.

The end of the US and most of Europe in a Third World War would of course have lead to a near total collapse of agriculture and the general economy in the Third World, as those countries are completely dependend on imports of fertilizers and machines and all possible other kinds of things. But that's effectively what in this timeline already happened anyway during and after the WW2 and the second civil war in the US. There was no one left who could have exported these things to the collapsing regions in the colonies.

Still, the majority of the world population would survive a nuclear war and probably start to recover after several decades of near starvation. I don't remember where I read it, but it was estimated by the militaries of the time that all in all, a nuclear exchange would cost the lives of probably 500 million people within a day, and 2 billion within a year.

Edit: Out of at that time 5 billion people worldwide.