• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Its okay, as long as everyone remains respectful I don't mind, as long as it doesn't take over the thread. A little bit of discussion is okay.

I think Mexico will join me in an alliance in the future.
Canada-USA-Mexico-Japan-Australia-New Zealand might be a good bloc to start with.

Try to get Cuba if they haven't fallen to one of the extremes. Their position guards a good chunk of the Gulf and lets you control the Caribbean. That's an issue with Argentina I think.

Who is running Indonesia right now?

Actually, I don't know. I don't know if they have joined an alliance, or if they have fallen. :wacko:

Cuba is still free, and they kept my ships supplied and safe during the Civil war.

I think it's reasonable that Mexico would join an alliance with the US. Given the US's battered state, a North American bloc will be more of a partnership of nations and help avoid fears of "Yankee Imperialism". And with pro-Axis Argentina there's another, more threatening aggressor in the neighborhood for Latin America to rally against.

Sort of what I was thinking.

I am sorry I have not had time to update, I have a golf fundraiser tomorrow for our Civil Engineering program (first time golfing so I was out at the driving range today), as well as helping my dad do work on the shed and utility room. Ontop of that, I have about 4 - 5 hours of homework, so I ask and thank you guys for your patience.

I think it's reasonable that Mexico would join an alliance with the US. Given the US's battered state, a North American bloc will be more of a partnership of nations and help avoid fears of "Yankee Imperialism". And with pro-Axis Argentina there's another, more threatening aggressor in the neighborhood for Latin America to rally against.

It makes more sense to me for Mexico and the rest of Latin America to rally against the United States, politically and economically if not militarily. The Yankee Imperialism has already been going on for a hundred years. Now that America has finally been brought to her knees; the countries of Latin America have no reason to join her in the rubble of the present and the failures of her future. They'd be better off trying to assert themselves more forcefully over America and getting friendly with Argentina.

Mexico and the US didn't have awful relations at this point. The US is a very valuable economic resource for Mexico and even after the ruins of this war it will be lucrative for both sides if they can maintain strong ties. Combined with Canada, they would form a strong North American block and give Freedom a fighting chance.

If Australia can manage to pull a peace out of this somehow and keep fighting back like I hope they will, they could be a great overseas ally as well. I'm holding my breath though.

If anything, I would keep Mexico with you just to keep things interesting. It's not fun if the WHOLE world is aligned against you, just most of it. It also gives you a nice opportunity to retake the South American continent from the Axis when WW3 between the Soviets and Axis inevitably breaks out.

It makes more sense to me for Mexico and the rest of Latin America to rally against the United States, politically and economically if not militarily. The Yankee Imperialism has already been going on for a hundred years. Now that America has finally been brought to her knees; the countries of Latin America have no reason to join her in the rubble of the present and the failures of her future. They'd be better off trying to assert themselves more forcefully over America and getting friendly with Argentina.

It is not economically possible. You know why Mexico joined in entente during WW1 but not in central powers? Reasons are very same now as back then.

I just read through the whole thing. All 113 pages. WOW!

This AAR is simply great! You were on verge of defeat 2 times and yet you still prevail. Great job!

And now for the more recent things.

I think USA+Canada+Mexico creating some kind of "United Nations of America" would be cool. (Can't really give any reasonable explanation for this though.) Canada can be persuaded as they're reasonable people and Mexico can be persuaded by force.

Also I think Canada is in the best position from all non-axis nations. The massive unpopulated regions can be populated with immigrants from Europe. Alaska with it's oil can power it's industry. They've got a bright future ahead of them.

Is the map of Africa done yet? If not I might post a suggestion.

Well, that's all. Once again, great AAR.

You know, twenty years down the line the Americans will bite themselves into their behinds for selling Alaska when the Petrol Dollars roll into Ottawa.

You know, twenty years down the line the Americans will bite themselves into their behinds for selling Alaska when the Petrol Dollars roll into Ottawa.

Well, I think even in twenty years the Americans will have plenty of other problems to worry about. Though if push comes to shove we can always annex Canada.;)

CBC World News – September 15th, 1955

September 15th, 1955

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from the United States and abroad via our correspondents in Chicago."

"Good evening Canada, this is your host Tommy Forever speaking. CSA forces along the entire Atlantic seaboard have been in a disorganized retreat since the opening of the US counter-offensive, codenamed 'Operation Slayer', some months ago. Confederate armored forces were defeated in a large armor engagement with US forces in the south-western United States, resulting in heavy casualties to both sides. After this defeat, Confederate forces began a fighting retreat towards many of the major north-eastern cities. The Confederate capital of Richmond was taken by surprise as the US 101st Mechanized Corps in August, after completing a 950km drive from Missouri. The loss of their capital has severely hampered the Confederate's communication and supply system, and has hastily led to disintegration in organized resistance."

"However, the ruins of New York proved to be a substantial defensive asset to the Confederacy. The attack on New York cost the lives of 80,000 US soldiers, which were forced to endure close-quarters fighting from the ruins. Despite this, the US army was able to successfully clear the city out in just under a week's time. While there are many that wish to see a quick end to the civil war, US military planners have realized that once again, they are short on military-age servicemen."

"On a more positive note, every day, more and more Confederate soldiers are surrendering. Along the Canadian border, 120,000 Confederate soldiers laid down their arms and surrendered to the US army. These soldiers are being treated more like comrades and friends rather then the enemy. It is such a gesture that has led to the collapse in Confederacy moral."

ScreenSave109.jpg

ScreenSave113.jpg

ScreenSave119.jpg

ScreenSave122.jpg

ScreenSave123.jpg

**There is a small update for you guys. To answer an earlier question: Yes, I am still working on Africa. I have not had time to code the events yet (or play that is too).**

victory is in sight.

Bloody well done. Once you crush those northern pockets, you can throw all of those divisions to the south, and finally deal the deathblow. Nice to see that Richmond has fallen and Washington DC is surrounded.

Just curious, but when the CSA surrenders, will you be able to inherent their troops? Or will they all just demobilize?

Bloody well done. Once you crush those northern pockets, you can throw all of those divisions to the south, and finally deal the deathblow. Nice to see that Richmond has fallen and Washington DC is surrounded.

Just curious, but when the CSA surrenders, will you be able to inherent their troops? Or will they all just demobilize?
I think it would be appropriate for you to get at least some manpower

damn well done sir! this AAR is brilliant, and by far the best i've yet read. if you wouldn't mind, i might even do a one shot fanfiction which you could post up at some point with all the links on your original post. i would of course run it by you beforehand as well.

Last edited:
Will you inherit CSA queue after annexation, just like one Spain annexing another? If so, keep some of their forces encircled in no-VP provinces to get them after annexation! :)

Wow, this really looks like the end of the CSA

All traitors must die a traitor's death.

BEGIN CONSTRUCTING THE MASSIVE, MASSIVE GALLOWS.

And the smaller, child-size ones...