• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well it doesn't seem like the coast is undefended.

By the way, would you mind sharing your savegame with me and the others. I would really like to know, if anyone here could still beat THAT Germany :D

OMG! This is great stuff!

6-carrier fleet went through the meatgrinder? That is amazing. :eek:

Did that battle cost the Germans anything at all? I think I read they have 9 carriers and 2 BC's and 38 other ships. What do the Allies have to counter that? Can the US make sure a D-Day is relatively safe against German surface fleet?

And I forgot about what happened to Italy? What are they doing? they still alive?

Check out the French coast..............How, the bloody f*** can you manage to win now?

Check out the French coast..............How, the bloody f*** can you manage to win now?

There seems to be a massive buildup in Brittany. Perhaps a landing at Normandy followed by an encirclement would give a good advantage for the start of the operation whilst you haul everything you can onto the Continent.

There seems to be a massive buildup in Brittany. Perhaps a landing at Normandy followed by an encirclement would give a good advantage for the start of the operation whilst you haul everything you can onto the Continent.

Good luck getting on it first. He could start from Arkhangelsk if it has a beach, or somewhere deep in Russia.

Cool will know more on that, I just tell more from my point of view. I'll try and get him to add on that.

Yes, we notice the build-up. Yes it concerned us enough to put off D-day till 1947. That, plus our desire to build battleships and aircraft for shore bobmardment and interdiction resulted in a year in delay. From what we can tell, Paris is getting fortification, The Atlantic Wall is roughly 7 - 8 forts each, and German has constructed their West Wall to about 9 forts in its most western core provinces.

Last edited:
Like Fire said, i lost my navy to german bombers, seemed the whole Luftwaffe was bombing the port lol.
Regarding D-day we still dont have the MP nor material necessary for a successful invasion. We have to move troops from Asia, and make a battleplan. We will need lots of marines to beat the forts, and a strong navy and airforce.
We are also discussin with fire if after D-day we will be able to open a second front or not.
Also, tried getting Spain into allies, but chance is 0.

Use Swing for you marines. He is a commando/fortress buster. IIRC USA has another one too, but that may be a different mod. However, you have alot of offdoc/commandos.

CBS World News – January 7th, 1947

January 7th, 1947

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight, we bring you a special report on the latest events that have shocked America."

"Seven days ago everyone in New York, including myself, awoke only to hear the deafening explosions crackle through the morning streets. Confusion gripped the city as men stood in the street and watched in a mix of fear and amazement at the formations above them. Many looked up and thought it as a training exercise. Unlike British citizens, who have been under the peril of German bombardment for years now, this was a new experience. Those in the street unknowingly put themselves in danger, and many were killed as a result. As the morning drew out, it had become apparent that the German Kriegsmarine had launched an attack on the naval group stationed in the New York harbor. Our Naval correspondent is with us tonight."

"Good evening, and thank you for having me Mr.Daly"

"The German attack came as a complete surprise to our forces nobody had expected such an attack, even after the Pearl Harbor raid. While the extent of losses and casualties on both sides are not fully apparent yet, it is clear several American ships were sunk at port. Among the fiery remains in the harbor lay eight groups of transport ships, each group enough to carry one full division worth of equipment and men. One carrier was severely damaged, and by noon it lay almost entirely submerged. One battleship has split in half and four cruisers were damaged beyond repair. An unknown amount of destroyers were sunk, as some appear to be in repairable condition. This disaster is one of the worst to occur on American soil."

"The attack would not go without revenge. The 1st Carrier Task Force, stationed near Washington DC, moved out to strike the German carriers in their trip across the Atlantic back to France. However, as it would soon become apparent, the Germans had no intention on retreating; they wanted to inflict a similar defeat on the American navy as they had on the Royal Navy late last year"

"Unaware of the trap that was set, the 1st Carrier Task Force moved out to find the German fleet. Around the time when our patrol craft found their fleet just North of Bermuda, theirs had found ours. To our shock, the Germans fleet was not headed towards occupied France, it was headed south to our carriers moving to find it."

"The ensuing battle lasted two days. As the torpedo bombers and fighters engaged their opposition, battleships ranged in on eachother and began a grueling fight. As this engagement was occurring, a group of German vessels containing a carrier and battlecruiser with screening vessels closed in behind the American fleet. Running low of aircraft and with several ships heavily damaged or sunk, the admiral decided to break off the engagement and retreat to the cover of Washington, where several patrols of aircraft were on high alert and patrolling the coast."

"Only four months ago Germany had launched a similar raid on the British Royal Navy. The Royal Navy was sunk in its entirety in an ambush off of Liverpool, similar as to what happened here, as its ships pursued to attack the German carriers responsible."

"However badly beaten our fleet was, we came out better then our allies had. Narrowly avoiding disaster by a timely withdraw, we managed to preserve most of our fleet to fight another day."

"The Germans did not go unscathed. Four German carriers were sunk, and the remaining two in their group were damaged. This gives command a chance to clear up the Atlantic of the U-boat peril that has gripped the Atlantic for the past six years."

"Thanks for being on the air tonight, it was a pleasure having you with us."

"Thank you for having me on the air."

"And now back to our regular programming, as presented by John Daly."

"In Asia, Nationalist China and Manchukuo have surrendered unconditionally to the United States of America. This has been the end result of hard fighting by American marines over the past few years in Asia. Seoul was captured two nights ago as Japanese forces continue to retreat and are being pushed down to a narrow strip of coastline in South Korea. With the conclusion of the East Asian campaign, American Marines have begun their transportation to unspecified locations. The secrecy of such movements has been of utmost concern due to the increased activity of German naval forces recently against the Allied navies."

"In Europe, German forces have occupied Belfast. The British city in Northern Ireland fell shortly after the Royal Navy was defeated off of Liverpool. This will make it harder for essential supplies to reach Britain, of which there are already critical shortages, as now the island is almost completely sealed off by German naval and air forces."

German Losses

KMS Seydlits (CV)
KMS Barbarossa (CV)
KMS Otto Lilienthal (CV)
KMS Richthofen (CV)

KMS Scharnhorst (BC)

American Losses

USS Saratoga (CV)
USS Leyte (CV)
1 Unknown sunk @ port (CV)

USS Tennessee (BB)
USS California (BB)
1 Unknown sunk at Port (BB)

USS Indianapolis (CA)
USS Louisville (CA)
USS Houston (CA)
USS Salt LAke City (CA)
USS Chicago (CA)
USS Augusta (CA)

USS Destroit (CL)
USS Richmond (CL)
USS Omaha (CL)
USS Milwaukee (CL)
USS Marblehead (CL)
4 Unknown sunk at Port (CL)

4 Destroyers
~3 Destroyers sunk @ port
2 Transport squadrons
8 Transport squadrons sunk @ port

ScreenSave98.jpg

ScreenSave99.jpg

ScreenSave100.jpg

ScreenSave101.jpg

Last edited:
ouch, do the Germans have much better Naval tech than the two of you? If so how did they manage that?

I think an invaision of Southern Italy would probably be the best option, also if Rome is taken over by anyone other than Italy the US apparently gets a gearing up for war event which could help.

OMG :eek:

I declare this best AAR ever. Mainly for the gripping suspense this particular game and the great way you narrate it Fire (and cool).

Holdsteady suspense award:

OMG :eek:

I declare this best AAR ever. Mainly for the gripping suspense this particular game and the great way you narrate it Fire (and cool).

Holdsteady suspense award:

I agree

ouch, do the Germans have much better Naval tech than the two of you? If so how did they manage that?

I think an invaision of Southern Italy would probably be the best option, also if Rome is taken over by anyone other than Italy the US apparently gets a gearing up for war event which could help.

lol he is at war... so he doesn`t has a peacetime modifier left ;)

For holding out fo so long, i grant you a Lord Strange Cookie of British Excellence

Well, to answer your questions

a) Many ships were damaged on the strike on the port, and that group reached the German fleet first by about two days. That resulted in them taking a beating that caused some ships to be sunk over the course of the battle. My Carrier Task Force that came from Washington DC turned the tide, but I pulled out in fear of losing all my carriers so close to...an operation of considerable more significance.

Also, I consider this naval battle a victory. After the engagement, the same carrier force was seen heading to the Baltic. My trade efficiency with Britain went from 4%~6% to about ~65%. Though I lost many ships, many of them were aged and becoming obsolete.

The Germans have better carrier tech levels then us.

b) An Invasion of Italy has been ruled out till after Overlord. We initially considered launching out invasion into Italy, by the sea forts there, the lack of maneuvering space, and the fortification line north of Rome swayed our opinion greatly. Not to mention German troops can move there quickly.

@Holdsteady: Thank you for the award, it is greatly appreciated!
@Lord Strange: Thank you for the award and compliment. I didn't know you guys liked it that much!

The awards are an honour.

@tombom: What do you mean? End up less democratic?

@All: I changed up my front page abit, and added a title picture. For those who havn't been there, I have links to each page (and the dates of the AAR they cover) aswell as the links to each news update, along with a description of each link.

And thank you all for follwoing the AAR. Its nice to see such a audience.

Last edited:
CBS World News – June 14th, 1947

June 14th, 1947

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight, John Daly reports on the recent conflict in the Middle East, the situation regarding the Atlantic, and the political situation of Korea and their recent elections."

"Since the conclusion of the Chinese campaign, battlefields across the globe have been silent. Aside from the occasional exchange of artillery fire, there was little to be heard but much to be done. It was an eerie silence. Germany broke that silence on April 13th, 1947 with their offensive into occupied lands on the former Saudi border. they quickly overwhelmed the British and Commonwealth forces stationed there. Due to the shock of such a large offensive, they were able to penetrate deep into the Allied lines and push north. The British units were quick to check this advance, and the Germans seem to have been stopped before over-running the southern flank to the Allied positions. Commander Feuersturm, for the first time in regards to a military situation, was unavailable for comment on why American troops were not going to be helping Britain out in the Middle East. One should also note that British reinforcements have also not been sent to the region, even after the initial attack in April."

"In the Atlantic, American transports have been teeming with supplies to Britain. Since the retreat of the main elements of the German navy from the Atlantic earlier this year, Allied merchantmen have been more relaxed on the Atlantic run. American naval groups have started shipment of unspecified goods towards Britain. All questions towards the nature of these transports have yielded no answers. The most positive effect of the naval battle in January is that merchant trade to Britain has increased ten-fold, and has allowed the British economy to operate at full capacity once again. Destroyer squadrons have been protecting the regions in which convoys generally travel, as U-boats remain a constant and dangerous threat to the shipping lanes. I should remind the citizens along the east coast regions that a black-out at night is still in effect, as leaving lights on could cost the lives of the sailors."

"Korea's government has finally be officially elected into place, after a temporary government had been ruling since the country's liberation on January 16th earlier this year. The ruling party has decided to keep its ties to the USA, and have also decided full military participation to the Allied cause."

ScreenSave104.jpg

ScreenSave110.jpg

ScreenSave112.jpg

Last edited: