• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I find it incredulous South Africa is still at war with the axis. Historically, there was a cabinet meeting, with the head of government favouring neutrality and the cabinet overall favouring entry into war by a single vote. The resolution in the parliament to enter the war similarly passed by only 80 votes to 63; Hertzog, the government leader, then asked the matter to be submitted to the country on a general election, which was denied for fear the afrikaners would opt out of the war.

As it was, they had sabotage and pro-nazi activity throughout until it was certain the allies were winning. Definetely not the most enthusiastic of the allies- far too many bitterenders from the last war.

Edit: South Africa is actually in an enviable position in this timeline. They have some of the only undestroyed infrastructure in the civilised world, a set of doctrines compatible to and a history of sympathy from the strongest country in the world, and their unwelcome master completely ruined.

I tend to agree with you there, but I never got around to making an event to withdraw them from the war. That might be needed though, so I need some input. How should I go about this? Political / Political coup? Vote? ect. Input from anyone would be appreciated. I can code it, I just need a good story background to cover it. PM me instead of posting, that way I can keep the story a secret till the news report covering it. Yes, you will get credit, like all people who provide input get.

Also, to those guessing the death date of Nat. China. I am in January 30, 1955, and they are still around. I don't think they will die by February 15th. I would put my money on late 1955, so my guess is officially October 20th, 1955.

Raaritsgozilla+Ciryandor, I really didn't make it fair by holding that information, so I will let you guys guess again :).

Yeah, UK is lead by Liz. I am going to help Australia with all my power without killing my own position, but I think China is a lost cause.

I love how dystopian this AAR is. Keep going until EVERY LAST CHILD IS DEAD.

lol. Thanks!

How much is left of your navy, do you still have some carriers?

Been a while since I've checked. I think I have 13 still floating around, and I have 6 new ones still in production from when the war was stil lraging. I had them started but have not found spare IC to finish them. As it stands, most of my IC is going to supplies, CGs, reinforcements, upgrades, and the rest on production.

Italy has the largest carrier navy, being at something like 22 carriers. I can post a no-fog picture of the naval stats if you wish.

Soviets, for some ungoldy reason, have 122 light cruisers.

Last edited:
Italy has the largest carrier navy, being at something like 22 carriers. I can post a no-fog picture of the naval stats if you wish.

I wouldn't worry about the Italien carrier navy as long as the number of carriers is even. That way, at the onset of any naval battle, all Italian carriers will promptly sink each other in a grandiose display of friendly fire.

What happened to the German carrier fleet, however? Didn't the DAIM-AI build quite alot of them with all of Europe secure?

Soviets, for some ungoldy reason, have 122 light cruisers.

Well, those treacherous Russians perhaps decided that now that the Chinese are nearly finished, they have got to work out a plan for their invasion of Japan. And as everyone knows, the only way to successfully attack the Japanese homeland and especially Tokyo is to disturb Godzilla from its peaceful sleep down in the depths of the ocean and set it on its path of revengeful destruction.
So they are building as many light surface ships as they can to plow the seas, drop radioactive trash on the ocean floor and make annyoing noises (destroyers are ruled out because of their short range).

Also, to those guessing the death date of Nat. China. I am in January 30, 1955, and they are still around. I don't think they will die by February 15th. I would put my money on late 1955, so my guess is officially October 20th, 1955.

That late? They've lost all their mountain retreats and will be pinned against the sea, I don't see them holding out for 9 months in such a situation. Well, I think I'll take May 15th as my guess.

I couldn't remember the German numbers off the top of my head. Just the Italians and the Soviets, as they seemed really out of place.

That late? They've lost all their mountain retreats and will be pinned against the sea, I don't see them holding out for 9 months in such a situation. Well, I think I'll take May 15th as my guess.

I think so, before they are annexed anyway. The last place China will have, at a constant rate from all sides, will be Vietnam, and probably with most of their army remaining pushed their too.

Where the Poop did the Italians find the IC to make 22 carriers?

Same with SU, usually after BP almost all their IC is used with reinforcments. Just how much of an IC bonus to they have?

No idea, but I think the AI bonus is +25% IC, as we humans get -25% IC.

I will tell you what. If you guys mind sticking around for about 10 minutes, I will get you guys a nofog of the naval lists.

edit: here we go. Though, it seems Germany has lost a few carriers over the year. Five are showing up as killed by something, just don't know what. Another sunk by Japs (don't know when).

Also, why is Venezuela making carriers? Secondly, Argentina seems to have lost a good chunk of their surface fleet as well. I remember sinking a few of their heavier ships a few years back, but I didn't think I sank them all.

Italy scared me when I was attempting to evac Spain. Their fleet and the German fleet liked to roam Spanish coasts.

NofogNavalStats.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think they are.

Also, CSA has 12 armored divisions. I HAVE NONE. Thank God I am making some though.

Wonder if the Soviets plan on building carriers. The Jap navy of 3 carriers should keep the Soviets off their mainland.

Soviets are already gearing up for a war with the Axis both on the seas and on land methinks. I'll take September 22 1955.

Enormous Axis navies. :p

I think the only chance for firestorm to retake some of these positions in America and Oceania will come when the Soviets attack the Axis...

Europe and Asia are lost for the next 60 years. The Axis and Comintern armies are just too titanic.

As a long-term strategy, firestorm should invest in naval bombers to protect his shores and those of friendly Oceanian nations :eek:o

WOW!!! :eek:

Finally caught up

This is the most epic marathon of an AAR I have ever seen for any game. I just spent the last 2-3 hours reading through this thing, so thanks for using up an entire evening.

That said: subscribed. I can't wait to see where the dystopian madness takes us next! :D

13 Soviet battleships?? I dont even make that much when I play as them!!

This AI is craaaazy

I think your DAIM AI is on amphetamines or something, it's never that intense when I play it!

TREMENDOUS AAR!
I love it. Can't wait to see if you can bring democracy to the opressed people all around the world Firestorm :D

I think your DAIM AI is on amphetamines or something, it's never that intense when I play it!
If you want to have bigger chance of one side winning the war, you can edit your difficulty, adding bonuses to diffrent alliances (like more ic for the axis)

Soviets are already gearing up for a war with the Axis both on the seas and on land methinks. I'll take September 22 1955.

With the campaign in China nearing, the Soviets can either go reclaim Russia or continue into the Pacific. I am hoping for the former :p

@Leviathan07: I have absolutly no intention of going anywhere near Europe and their carriers anytime soon. Nor do I feel like risking anything in Asia. Once the Soviets released Communist China, I think my only venue of liberation will be South America.

@Morildar: Thanks, and your welcome :p. Where it goes? Nobody knows. Not even me, this game has taken so many twists and turns, I can't predict more then a few months ahead. Australia is a prime example of that.

@Raaritsgozilla: Wait till they start making carriers...and Axis - Soviet showdown? Naval battles over shipping and supply across the Indian maybe?

@Alexus: I blame Skynet.

@Ovg: Thanks! I hope I can begin liberating once the CSA falls. I think first is to build up my decimated land armies. Navy is pretty intact, which is nice.

I think I might have another update this evening.

You might want to get the CSA quickly then, Australia is your only chance for an attack in the PTO. With their fall , you will be locked out for many-a-year.

Also, I just realised that I got post 2000, Yay me!

I was more thinking I should start with South-America first. They might be easier, though they are in the Axis so hmm.

Maybe its time South America rift from the Axis :p

Can I have a link to the "random chaotic event mod?" Or whatever it's actually called. Err and sorry to be so off topic, but can someone tell me how to make links to a post as TC has done in his Table of Contents.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great AAR, I thought you guys had it won when you took Berlin.

Last edited: