+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 203 FirstFirst ... 12 37 62 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 112 137 162 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 4047

Thread: Democracy's Last Legs: A US - UK DAIM AAR

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Wow! Epic!

Ah, I forgot about the dissent for a moment.

The Great Lake Area doesn't look much better, to be honest. Partisans to the west, confederate spearheads at the doors of Chicago and Detroit to the south and your encircled troops to the east.

Where did you ferry your Asian troops to? California has nearly taken the entire West Coast and it may be impossible to defend Seattle with your first load of arriving troops.

Ah, another question: Where is your nuclear reactor and how well defended is it?
    Anyway, good luck.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dáin View Post
    Ah, another question: Where is your nuclear reactor and how well defended is it?
    Anyway, good luck.
    Denver and i think that it already fell to the Texans under Cool.
    You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word - Al Capone

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum (If you want peace, prepare for war) - Pvblivs Flavivs Vegetivs Renatvs

Stopping the 40 day plan: A French 1914 AAR Completed
    pAARallel Universes: A Germany 1936 Grand Campaign Abandoned
    • Cookie from DoomBunny for recognizing Dr. Strangelove references

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Go California! California uber alles! Yeah! Hell yeah!
    yay, screwed over again!

First Lieutenant

I was supportive of the all-but-unheard of ai victory until cool's betrayal; then I rallied to the colours. With the Confederates on the scene for the second time in about four score and seven, however, I have to redirect my allegiance once more to the AI.

Defender of Democracy {LD}Firestorm's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

BBC Home and Forces Program – November 14th, 1953

November 14th, 1953

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. United States troops are hard pressed to hold their position in the face of a massive offensive launched by the Confederate armies that has occupied much of the east coast. Chicago, the largest industrial center of the American war effort, has been cut off, however it is being supplied by the air. Despite a minor counter-attack made by the encircled troops trapped by the offensive, Washington remains in Confederate hands."

"Texan armies, backed by Soviet support under the 'Oil for Supplies, Assistance and Support Agreement (OSASA)', have managed to defeat the American garrison at Denver and have secured the nuclear facilities in the area. It is reported that American forces have abandoned any attempts at retaking the facilities and are withdrawing north. Much of the central US has been occupied by the Texan forces, while the west has been so far left to the hands of the Californian splinter forces."

"Venezuela, a long time neutral nation of the world conflicts, has been rocked by civil unrest recently. Military forces have staged a coup, overthrowing the previous government and enforcing martial law The left-wing rebellion has sparked condemnation from much of the international community, which protests the actions and is pushing for the return of the previous government. No reason for the coup has been given."

**Bloody hell. Well my front is quite messy about now . The lower my dissent gets, the easier it becomes to fight partisans and these bloody rebel governments that claim my lands!**
    Last edited by {LD}Firestorm; 18-07-2009 at 08:20.
    Democracy's Last Legs - USA / UK DAIM After-action report - Finished
    Democracy's Last Legs: Part II - USA After-action report - In progress - Last Updated (August-22-2010)
    Holdsteady suspense award:
    Lord Strange Cookie of British Excellence:
    Jambor Cookie of Gameplay Awesomeness:
    Hatuke-The "Impossible Overlord success" cookie:
    01/02/2009 Weekly AAR Showcase Winner
    Winner of the Q1 and Q4 2009 ACA 'Favorite HoI Narrative' award.
    And a link to 1964, a mod in development based off of Democracy's Last Legs! Open Alpha v1.2.0 is ready to download! As is v1.1.1 patch

Ah, I forgot about the dissent for a moment.

The Great Lake Area doesn't look much better, to be honest. Partisans to the west, confederate spearheads at the doors of Chicago and Detroit to the south and your encircled troops to the east.

Where did you ferry your Asian troops to? California has nearly taken the entire West Coast and it may be impossible to defend Seattle with your first load of arriving troops.

Anyway, good luck.
    The dissent is a real pain. My Asian troops? Still sitting in Shanghai as my limited transport capacity goes to ferry them over. I cannot stage a landing in California...as my unstable supply link to the sea would eave such an operation in danger. They will arrive along the east coast when they do.

My nuclear reactors? See the update
    Democracy's Last Legs: Part II - USA After-action report - In progress - Last Updated (August-22-2010)
    And a link to 1964, a mod in development based off of Democracy's Last Legs! Open Alpha v1.2.0 is ready to download! As is v1.1.1 patch

Quote Originally Posted by {LD}Firestorm View Post
    My nuclear reactors? See the update
    Were those destroyed instantly when Texas arrives like in Berlin?

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Calad View Post
    Were those destroyed instantly when Texas arrives like in Berlin?
    I would assume that those were captured. IIRC, the reason why Berlin's reactors were destroyed is because nation (normally) cannot have nuclear reactors in multiple provinces.

Any captured reactor goes into the nation's build-que. Which means I effectively lose them....

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

It's time to take over the CSA and prepare for an epic showdown with Texas and California.
    "That's right, Adolf. The British are coming." - The Eleventh Doctor
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 04/27/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry - Now with added obscure Doctor Who references - Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

Yeah, the reactors weren't really significant anyway. It's a civil war after all. Whoever uses a nuke on his own soil to destroy a IC/manpower-province will only regret it later and there are so few troops around that you couldn't hope to nuke more than one or two divisions at once, which would have been an enormous waste.

And Texas won't get any nuclear construction done until after the mess is over, anyway. That reminds me - are captured reactors cheaper to build or something? I never got the point of that feature.

The lower my dissent gets, the easier it becomes to fight partisans and these bloody rebel governments that claim my lands!
    You mean there's a noticeable difference between 54% dissent and 46% dissent?

Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: Warband

Wern't you not finished changing the European borders?

You mean there's a noticeable difference between 54% dissent and 46% dissent?
    Actually, yes.

Europe borders are in the process of being written up. I have a error somewhere I am trying to find. Until I figure out where / why that is, they remain the way they are .

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Down to 42 IC (21 Effective) and getting stomped by the AI at every corner.

Awesometastic. The USA is doomed.
    yay, screwed over again!

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

sorry, i can'tsee you winning(or even surviving) this one
    Have fun, and welcome to one of the most male dominated arenas since railway-working.
    -Kaisermuffin, on the AARland

first AAR, ongoing: Downfall of the Reich, a germany 1944 AAR(played mostly on very hard)
    watch out for this story filled of action, adventure, treason, wild sex(not), time-travelling, wacky nazis and Portal references.

The Betting Sun, the first betting AAR in Paradox Forums! join today this addicting game!
    AwAARded with The Totally Random Productions© Cookie Which Was Given In Order To Repay Massive Gambling Debts Acquired In The Betting AAR

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSword of the StarsVictoria 2

I have a question about the state of affairs in America right now. The U.S. is at war with California, Texas, and the Confederates. Are those three at war with one another as well? Are all your alliances broken?

Lastly good luck you should be able to win if you get all your armies together and maybe find a TAC or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar018 View Post
    I have a question about the state of affairs in America right now. The U.S. is at war with California, Texas, and the Confederates. Are those three at war with one another as well? Are all your alliances broken?

Lastly good luck you should be able to win if you get all your armies together and maybe find a TAC or two.
    Yes to all of your questions.

And I have not TACs or CAS left. However, I do have a squad of naval bombers that are acting as Tacts for the timing being.

I am working on an update at the moment

BBC Home and Forces Program – November 26th, 1953

November 26th, 1953

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. United States forces have launched several localized counter-attacks and have managed to form a fluid front across much of the eastern conflict zones. It is reported that several Confederate divisions are withdrawing to more tenable defensive locations for the winter."

"Texas forces, under command of Commander Cool, have begun several attacks aimed at taking the American industrial center of Chicago, as well as a large attack against Confederate troops in the mid-east. Confederate divisions are reeling from attacks that threaten to cut their front in two, with an advancing US to the north, and an aggressive Texas to the south west."

"The battles in Asia continue to rage as American forces continue their withdrawal from Chinese territory. The Soviets have been putting increasing pressure on the far western territories, with the aims of taking the industrial centers that lie below it. So far, however, no major breakthrough has occurred."

**Some change in luck, finally. Three divisions landed on the east coast just in time.**

First Lieutenant

The confederates look to be in quite a spot, with most of the Deep South falling under Texan dominion. There are worse masters

I wonder if Cool isnt being a bit counterproductive though, taking the fangs out of an offensive that had you on your last legs when he could be focusing on you as well?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 203 FirstFirst ... 12 37 62 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 112 137 162 187 ... LastLast