• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We would have go to back pretty far actually. It was the Korean War event that fired, throwing us into this war.

We shall not go back in time to fix our mistakes. We must live with them, even if it means......:(

We would have go to back pretty far actually. It was the Korean War event that fired, throwing us into this war.

We shall not go back in time to fix our mistakes. We must live with them, even if it means......:(

Oh! That one!
Well if that would mean the game would no longer bu fun, only a never ending torment... eh.

We don't have to be winning to have fun :)

However, losing the war in Europe would not be very fun at all. So, we must hold the line at all costs. Maybe a no-step-backwards order is in need?

We don't have to be winning to have fun :)

However, losing the war in Europe would not be very fun at all. So, we must hold the line at all costs. Maybe a no-step-backwards order is in need?

That would mean your units would be annihilated instead of pushed back. No-step-backwards orders only increase casualties.

Yeah, I know. In real life, Hitler proved how bad of an idea that was.

Is the german AI getting more nukes than they should be? I mean come on, they just blasted you with what, 5 nukes, after earlier firing a shitload of other ones at the british just a year or so earlier. In the same amount of time you have only gotten a few. Is the german AI cheating or something? If so, give yourself some bombs and blast the germans to hell. Nuke the german defenses in switzerland and italy, and blast the german armies that are marching towards you. Then drop a couple on argentina because you can. :D

I've been following this since the beginning, and regret not posting earlier.

I just wanted to say, I think it'd be a real shame if you isolated berlin and exploited the reich out of existence. They are putting up a fight unheard of from the ai, and it would be more interesting if the ai won than if the player pulled a trick out of a hat. Your victory will be all the more incredible if it comes fairly. :)

As for the tactical advice everyone seems to have..pull out of scandinavia and ship the commitment elsewhere? hold a rhine-line? abandon europe and knock south america & axis minors out of the war while dealing with soviets?

You could always continue this european grinder until you dont have any more men. If the nukes continue to land on german soil, the war of attrition is in your favour.

(finally..couldent help but smile when they nuked new york. :rofl: )

I don't think they are cheating. I've obtained this many nukes before as Germany. They do have a large number of reactors in Berlin.

As for the Berlin exploiting, don't worry, I won't be doing that :p

Working on an update now, so when I get around to finishing it and uploading pictures it will be up. I figure an hour-ish.

BBC Home and Forces Program – June 23rd, 1952

June 23rd, 1952

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. Despite the massive setbacks in Germany, British and Spanish troops managed to break Berlin’s ring of defenses and destroy the nuclear reactor complex situated in the region. This took place while several American divisions kept open a supply corridor across the Elbe River and provided significant aerial support. The victory was only temporary, with Allied troops retreating to safer grounds west of Berlin. This victory, however, is significant to the prospect of the war. It is rumored that the bomb dropped on Newark on the 18th was the German's last. With civilian casualties skyrocketing from such attacks, one can only hope this is true. The American reactor complex is still producing fissile material for nuclear weapons, so this may just be the turning point in the war. Churchill continues to remain optimistic, and says this finally means that the European conflict is finally nearing an end."

"His words ring hollow with many. Much of the British population has suffered. With military losses mounting and the Allied front in retreat, many are concerned that the war will drag on for many more months. The recent retreat may just be the last straw for the population. Many are openly opposing Churchill in parliament, and many more are backing away from his policies."

"The American president today spoke to the population of the United States. Here is an excerpt of his speech."

"...Gentlemen, we have reached an awful hour in the history of this war. Our resources are few, our enemies are vast and uncounted. Still I do not council despair. The enemy has lost the vast majority of his homeland, his cities are even more ruined then ours, and he does not have much left. There is a Norse proverb, 'a hero is one who can hold for one minute longer'. In this black and heavy hour, victory will go to the side who can hold for the minute longer. We must destroy enemy resources and force him to exhaust himself. We must strike where he is weak. His allies do not share the same enthusiasm for war. I am confident we can use this weakness against our enemy to victory!...."

ScreenSave239.jpg

ScreenSave240.jpg

ScreenSave241.jpg

ScreenSave244.jpg

ScreenSave245.jpg

**Finally, the threat of nuclear attacks is gone. First major success in awhile. Lets hope there are many more to come. I thank frigidmagi for the American speech. All credit for that segment is his, though I slightly modified it to suit the news better. For those who asked for liberation pictures, they are now on the relevant news post. It is located here.**

Last edited:
Holy fucking crap.

This has been EPIC so far.

Seriously.

I edited it a bit from when I posted it, just added a speech from the American president.

Right, when the US is using Ragnarok in its propaganda you know they're fucked.

I almost fucking cried finally, berlin...
also what's germanys IC?

anothere provber:
Money dies, relatives but your reputation never dies.
Deyr fé, deyja frændur en orðstír deyr aldregi

Last edited:
Right, when the US is using Ragnarok in its propaganda you know they're fucked.

Gotta keep the population happy. A disillusioned population is a happy population I always say!

edit: Mettabesta: Did you just change that quote? I swear I read something different 30s ago :wacko:

Gotta keep the population happy. A disillusioned population is a happy population I always say!

edit: Mettabesta: Did you just change that quote? I swear I read something different 30s ago :wacko:

yeah I got the exact version.

it'S the saying that kind of shaped how the vikings thought, deeds in battle were worth more than anything too them.

Hmm. The president of the US might have another speech then if things continue to go wrong. :p

Wow man!.. why did the Germans left an Argentinian and Hungarian division defending the capital of the reich?

wow dude.. i strongly recommend you to leave the.. "Elbe" pocket or you are doomed.. again.

Since you've now taken Berlin and plundered their supply base, two questions arise:

1. With the relatively low stockpile of rares, does this mean Germany doesn't have enough resources to keep new production coming?

2. Has Germany been running a supply loss or are they just operating at a neutral rate?

Well, whatever happens, don't give up the fight! This easily the best HOI2 game I've ever seen. Congratulations to both of you!

@torenico: Stroke of luck for us!

@nefftron: >1: No idea. Hard ot tell. Dissent is affecting their production levels as much as it is mine. No idea what is resource induced or not. They do have Sweden as an Ally and control all of Russia, and are free to trade with the Soviet Union which lies past the Urals.

>2: They were running low for the logest time. I know several instances where I ran into unsupplied divisions over the winter. Oddly enough, I ran into supply issues myself over the winter. 2500 supplies / day being sent to Europe over the winter, is nearly broke my economy.

And thanks :) It had been fun and difficult so far. I don't think we've had an easy battles since the sweep across France after Normandy and the sweep across southern France not to long ago.

Ahrg! Scary business