• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bet you a dollar the Soviets made a a postcard with the words:

"Bring Oil and and metal to Siberia, leave with 10 divisions per visit."

:rofl:

Hmm, makes me tempted to actually make a postcard and then post it up here! That made my day.

As annoying as Germany still is, perhaps you could focus on getting ICBM's and planting a nuke on Sverdlovsk and some other key Soviet centers. Germany will fall in time, so I'd say your biggest long-term concern is keeping the Soviets from becoming a juggernaut.

Amazing AAR. I think winning the Italian Front the key to victory. It will bring a lot of troops back to the primary front and open up another front in the south. Really impressed by the AI and you guys's great playing. Keep up the good work! :)

@nefftron: I'd rather have a Soviet Juggernaut instead of fighting a war with both Germany and Russia. If I take out Germany, I can at least hold a defensive against Russia and recover my manpower. I cannot take Russia and Germany on at the same time for much longer without risking total collapse. I'm already feeling military strain, with my manpower tapped out and my industrial base fully used on consumer goods and supplies. I truly think that if i don't make significant progress against Germany this year, I may never beat them....

@Basikisk: Thanks :). I'm hoping the Italian front will bust open and we will overflow the south with mobility. The lack of mobility and claustrophobic nature up north is just frightful. I miss the days of breakthrough and envelop. This is just dreadful.

All the responses I've been getting make me happy. I enjoy answering questions and having discussion, so I will be generous and post another update tomorrow :)

**That Soviet attack is slightly concerning. Those divisions were holding mountains, which were crucial to the defense effort in the region.**

There were also 5 axes of attack, resulting in a -30% combat modifier to the defending troops. Hyesan will only have 3 for a -10% modifier for your troops, but two of those axes are across the Yalu River, which will be a harsh penalty for the attackers. Your new line should be stronger.

phargle has reminded us to spread the word about voting in the AARland Choice Awards!

vote2.jpg

No matter what you vote for, your participation helps AARland grow and thrive.

If you're considering voting for Democracy's Last Legs: A US - UK DAIM AAR, it is eligible for the Narrative and Gameplay for the HoI1/2 category. Remember to make your decision based upon updates for the quarter in question (January 1 - April 31 of 2009).

Thank you to all who have already voted, and for those who have not, I encourage you to head on over when you get the chance.​

I figured I would post that here, as I have seen a few other writers do. I don't really qualify for Comedy (I'm not a humor-based thread, unlike Storm501's 'For the MotAARland' AAR, which is worth a read when you have time.) I had to advertise his AAR here, I loved it :p

I give credit to TheHyphenated1 for the above post, as it was almost a direct copy of his.

@dublish: Well then, I feel safer knowing that flank is more secure now. Thanks! :)

Edit: I see my monthly bandwidth is rising to about 60% on photobucket, so I'm going to switch over to a new account there soon. If any picture is removed, please PM or write it here on this thread, and I will fix it right away as soon as I can.

And those wishing to see the IC figures for major combatants, they are on the last page, on my post before the newspost. I will post it again after the next newspost for those who missed it. Any other requests?

Last edited:
Stupid Soviets...go and attack us instead of the Germans....mrmmrmrmr...

They could have been at Berlin I bet. Now those fools are stuck in a stalemate in Asia till we beat Germany. Then the Soviets will face a two-front war. War from the Urals and war from the East.

If I remember correctly Cool decided to drop an A-bomb on Moscow, thus angering the Soviets. Instead on Berlin! Maybe that was a critical mistake?

For those wanting to know IC's of major combatants, here they are:

Germany: 320 / 184
USA: 384 / 384
Italy: 95 / 49
Argentina: 93 / 49
Soviet Union: 315 / 193
United Kingdom: 22 / 115

Thanks! :) SU is pretty strong IC wise. How's China?

You got really some cash. It could be spent on spy actions, killing some ministers etc., but in 1.2 it is a creul clickfest.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly Cool decided to drop an A-bomb on Moscow, thus angering the Soviets. Instead on Berlin! Maybe that was a critical mistake?

Thanks! :) SU is pretty strong IC wise. How's China?

You got really some cash. It could be spent on spy actions, killing some ministers etc., but in 1.2 it is a creul clickfest.

Yes, but moscow was in german hands i dont see relationship. But i agree we made a mistake in using one bomb here, and another one there. We should have used all at the same time like someone sugested.
Regarding italian front, most of my army is down there, together with spanish troops.

@Biges: Yeah, the clickfest I don't have time for. I'm too busy running around commanding so much :(. And we are running on slow most of the time as it is.

@Cool: I think he was kidding, I don't think he meant in the game it caused that, but it maybe angered them 'in game real life'

@ErikHenki: Yeah, no kidding!

Yes, but moscow was in german hands i dont see relationship. But i agree we made a mistake in using one bomb here, and another one there. We should have used all at the same time like someone sugested.

I'm not familiar with the diplomatic consequences of using A-bombs, so I'm reflecting this older post:

"What a waste of a nuke. Why Moscow?? It is not a national, so I'm not sure if it has the same effect. Besides that, my relations with the Soviet Union have hit -200. I honestly believe it is only a matter of time before war."

Well, mistakes happen and we should learn from them :)

CBS World News – May 1st, 1952

May 1st, 1952

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from Europe and abroad via our correspondents in Paris."

"Good evening, and thank you for tuning in. Tonight, we will be reporting on the latest German attacks in central Germany, the recent fighting in Italy, and the war in Africa."

"German troops have pushed the Allied line over 200km along the front south of Berlin. In the large counter-attack against the Allied forces in the area, German troops have retaken the fortifications at Cottbus and Ustif, and seized the industrial city of Dresden. German air activity has been steadily increasing in this region, had has put up some stiff resistance against Allied jet aircraft. The latest German aircraft, with its speed and mobility, has inflicted rather large losses on their American counterparts. It appears that the latest air offensive by Germany is meant to coincide with the ground offensive taking place."

"In Italy, the situation has continued to favor Allied forces. The grand offensive, which saw Axis forces uprooted from southern France, has reached the Italian cit of Milan. This industrial center is one of the last defensive bastions of Italy, and is being stubbornly defended. The latest attack on Milan, which was conducted by some 1.2 million Allied troops took place in the attack, and managed to take about 60% of the city and its surrounding areas before being forced back. South east of the city, American divisions assaulted German positions south of the Po River at Ferrara, forcing the Germans to retreat. Axis armies are steadily reinforcing this area, as its collapse would unhinge the German defenses in southern Germany and lead to an Axis defeat. As the battle for Italy rages on, more and more eyes turn to the southern front and its importance to the war effort."

"In north-west Africa, Allied forces have retaken Bone after Axis armies took the region several weeks ago. Other then the minor skirmishes taking place in the region, no major military news has been reported in this area. In north-east Africa, 3 Allied divisions have been encircled by a recent attack involving motorized divisions. The speed at which these divisions moved, combined with the night-time surprise attack against positions in the area, cut off the retreating divisions. They are now being supplied by the sea, and are awaiting for British divisions to break the encirclment."

ScreenSave182.jpg

ScreenSave184.jpg

ScreenSave185.jpg

ScreenSave190.jpg

ScreenSave194.jpg

ScreenSave195.jpg

ScreenSave198.jpg

ScreenSave200.jpg

**Back and forth, back and forth. I presume I will be retaking that, once again. I wish that would just end! As for the Hungarian division in Berlin, don't bark at me about it. Its only a 12 division stack, but with my disorganized men reorganizing after the recent failed attack, I cannot take on 12 divisions + level 10 forts + urban + poor weather at the moment. A dame shame, it would be a good opportunity. I tried, not very good odds (below 50%). Yes, 1 nuke. But I'm waiting for another (either mine or Cool's) before we use it. I only have Strat bombers to deploy it on, so I want to make sure I've got clear skies first.**

Out of interest does anyone know if Britain would be habitable in any form whatsoever having been subjected to such a nuclear bombardment? I'm not sure how effective nuclear weapons were in this time frame compared to the dangers of the Cold War.

Some more Qs needing some As:
-What is GB's current manpower
-What is GB's current MP growth
-What is MP needed for reinforcement of have you been hanging low?

I'm not familiar with the diplomatic consequences of using A-bombs, so I'm reflecting this older post:

"What a waste of a nuke. Why Moscow?? It is not a national, so I'm not sure if it has the same effect. Besides that, my relations with the Soviet Union have hit -200. I honestly believe it is only a matter of time before war."

Well, mistakes happen and we should learn from them

WOHA, wait. Even if Germany controls the province, and is at peace with Russia, if we nuke it we get bad relations with the Soviets? Dammit!

@Jalex: I would like to know too :)

@Austria Hungary: GB is at 0mp, or near it. Their growth is around 0.3mp / day now I think. For my reinforcements, I need 300 - 400 mp (it fluctuates) to reinforce my armies.

Hmmmm, this timeline is creating a world of nuclear winters, millions dead, even more ravaged Europe.... I mean only Australia is safe these days.....

Out of interest does anyone know if Britain would be habitable in any form whatsoever having been subjected to such a nuclear bombardment? I'm not sure how effective nuclear weapons were in this time frame compared to the dangers of the Cold War.

The A-bomb that the Americans used on Japan were basically useless. I think (this is off the top of my head you'll need to check the facts) it was equivalent to about 10 heavy fire bombing raids that were happening in Japan anyway.

However I'm pretty sure Firestorm mentioned the Germans had Hydrogen bombs. If they do then thats another matter. Southern Britain (the financial centre, political centre and breadbasket of the UK) will be uninhabitable for at least 50 years. If not more.

EDIT:

The A bomb is equal to 150,000 tons of TNT. A air raid at that time dropped about 25,000 (I think). When it was dropped on Japan about 500 people died of cancers afterwards and 220,000 died overall.

The Hydrogen bomb is equivalent to 500,000 tons (give or take 100,000 tons) of TNT. It causes more radiation, and would kill many, many more people.

If we assume that two 150,000 bombs were dropped on Japan and killed about 1/4 of a million people then the UK would be looking at (remembering that not all strikes were aimed at cities) about thirteen million dead, if not more.

Thats 27% of the population dead (estimates put the UK population in 1939 to be 47 million, it will probably be less than that with all men possible at the front).

Thats with my guess of seven nukes hitting the UK.

So yeah this worlds going to be pretty messed up. I expect the empire to collapse in the late 50s possibly early 60s and civil war or massive riots in the UK as soon as the war is over.

Germany will probably go the way of Carthage in this scenario. Burnt to the ground. Most men, women and children killed or shipped off elsewhere. The ground in Germany to be covered with salt so that nothing can grow there again and no one can live there again.

It could be possible that after this war is over nuclear weapons are banned under the UN.

Oh and another thing I imagine that Northern Germany will look like Northern France in 1918.