• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. On the bright side, BEACHHEAD!:D Jerrie's are doomed.

Looks like D-Day's sucess is on a knifedge. As long as you keep ferrying troops over you will probably suceed.

Also I particularily like Tommy Fourever's report (where to you get these great names from?) :D

Where is the Allied Supreme HQ and who's the Field Marshal in charge? ...All that over command max penalty. :(

Where is the Allied Supreme HQ and who's the Field Marshal in charge? ...All that over command max penalty. :(

The HQ...an oversight on my part. It was still sitting in Britain. It doesn't make its way to the beaches till about half way through the battle. :(

@Tommy4ever: Yeah, I don't know where I got that name from :rolleyes:. Also, if you look on one of the screenshots, you will notice 78 divisions attacking, and another 168 divisions awaiting in Portsmouth. Whenever a divisions reaches 0 org, I retreat them to the landingcraft and send them back to Britain, then replace them with a fresh division. Its becoming costly in regard to manpower. With all the aircraft the Allies have hitting Normandy or keeping Germany's navy off our rear, the Germans still are not giving up.

Last edited:
I hope we will be hereing mo from that dashingly handsome war correspondant ;)

It looks like Avranches is very lightely defended perhaps the British could attack there as it would be unlikely to cost too much manpower to beat what looks like only a few Bulgarian divisions.

CBS World News – July 22nd, 1947

July 22nd, 1947

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. John Daly is here to report on a special news bulletin regarding the situation on the Allied landings in France."

"Good evening Americans, and thank you for listening in. Today marks a turning point in the war. Allied forces in Normandy have achieved all their initial objectives after 33 days of intense fighting."

"We will broadcast a report from London on the situation over the past few weeks."

“This is London, reporting on the events in Normandy on June 30th to July 22nd. As the battle raged on in Normandy, many journalists took their lives into their own hands to take breathtaking coverage of what is now being called the turning point in the war. A journalist that moved with the headquarters of Omar Bradley tells us of the battle that unfolded in Normandy. Tommy Fourever reports to us today from Normandy."

".....Our main units, after a week of clearing out the forests, came across the German's main defensive line running just in front of Caen. Caen is a transportation and logistical hub for the entire Normandy campaign. If the Allied forces are unable to take it, the Germans will have a good chance at being able to buildup for another counter attack."

"The Allied offensive to take Caen, codenamed Operation Hawkeye, began on July 9th. Supported by the armored elements of the 1st and 2nd American armies, the attack began with two thrusts on the east and west flanks on the German positions around Caen."

"Good progress was made just east of the city, managing cross the Orne river and seize Ranville and Escoville. The western attack made less headway. Accurate artillery fire ravaged the staging areas, and the forces were barely able to make it to the starting lines. However, as the eastern attack pushed further, artillery was diverted and they were finally able to start their attack. Their first objective, the Carpiquet Airfield, was taken during the evening of July 10th as German forces fell back across the Orne river."

"As the 1st and 2nd Armies moved on Caen's flank, the main assault began on Caen. It was a grueling fight. Accurate fire from the surrounding hills behind Caen knocked out several tanks as they approached the city. Rommel made good use of his '88s', as the troops call them. However, by July 12th the mechanized forces of the 1st Army moved in and reached the city center. At this point, it seemed that the Germans were defeated."

"Rommel, of course, thought differently. The struggling attack west of Caen was a clear opportunity for him. Reinforced by several panzer divisions, Rommel launched a counter-attack, pushing the Allies back across the Orne and retaking the Carpiquet airfield. American troops fell back, and German tanks had moved in behind Caen. American units in the Caen center were caught by surprise, as communication had been cut off by the German advance. Caught in this surprise ambush, the mechanized forces took heavy casualties but held their ground."

"The 17th was the turning point in the battle for Caen. The eastern attacks pushed behind Caen and moved on seized Fleury-sur-Orne and Cormelles. A renewed western attack pushed the Germans from Carpiquet and across the Orne. They linked up with the east attack, encircling the Germans trapped in Caen."

"Rommel ordered a breakout from Caen. On July 18th, the German units broke from Caen and retreated south. From other places along the Orne, the Germans were in a fighting retreat, and by 21:00 on July 22nd, the initial objectives in Normandy were secured. The Allies had achieved the beachhead they wanted to get."

ScreenSave131.jpg

ScreenSave135.jpg

ScreenSave138.jpg

ScreenSave140.jpg

ScreenSave141.jpg

ScreenSave142.jpg

**The Landings had started on 06:00 June 18th, 1947 and lasted until 21:00 July 22nd, 1947. The battle cost me 166.35 manpower, or roughly 249,695 lives. The battle is the longest I have ever had in this game. 33 days.**

Last edited:
woo-hoo
now the reich will fall.. hopefully before the 50s

Yeah, now the path to victory has begun. Althrough those exhausted low org troops on the beaches are perfect targets for Rommel's revenge super armor! :D

I don't remember if anyone has mentioned about this, but do you have nukes? ;) ...or do the Germans have nukes? :(

Wow, I knew I was slightly sadistic but good lord! lol Atleast you captured Caen, and as long as the Germans are reeling from the battle, it should give you a little leeway in reorganizing your troops and also to bring in the British Re-inforcements.

~Hawk

Working on getting nukes, but so are the Germans. Against the AI, I generally go a 'No nuking first' policy.

Cool just went apeshit :rofl: I can almost bet he will plunge through the monitor to killl some Germans and teabag them considering how happy he is :D

Now the race to reach the West Wall before the Germans have time to occupy it. At level 10 forts for most of the length, that is not something I want to have to fight through, for obvious reasons...

Thank you all for your input! And the 3rd award :)

We were unsure if we were going to pull it off. Germany kept moving more men into Caen, and even though we had over 90% most of the battle, they just were not leaving. I just about went apeshit myself :rofl:

Congrats for your victory and congrats for your third cookie award thingy. Both are well deserved :)

Hear e, Hear e. I have thee honor to present upon thyself, Sir Firestorm and Sir Cool, a award cookie from thy loyal reader. I bestow upon you:

The "Impossible Overlord success" cookie

Wear it with honor valiant knight :D

Hear e, Hear e. I have thee honor to present upon thyself, Sir Firestorm and Sir Cool, a award cookie from thy loyal reader. I bestow upon you:

The "Impossible Overlord success" cookie

Wear it with honor valiant knight :D

Things have got a little cookie crazy :wacko:

The guy deserves it for passing through level 10 forts.