+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 203 FirstFirst ... 83 108 133 158 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 4047

Thread: Democracy's Last Legs: A US - UK DAIM AAR

Defender of Democracy {LD}Firestorm's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Karaiskandar View Post
    So the soviet offensive in Australia has been contained, impressive!
    Btw Marshall is still the CoS in 1960?
    I guess it would appear so. I have not had any real burning desire to mod the game with only a year of gameplay left before I start the actual mod.

Nixon can come back as a floating head

Well, I hope your optimism isn't unfounded and that really was the last Soviet push. There is little room for retreats left after this one.

Merry Christmas to you all and also to all the poor CP pixels still on the frontlines.
    Yeah, I'm pretty much as far back as I can go.

And Merry Christmas to you guys, I shall be back on here tomorrow or the day after.

...The Day After Tomorrow I should say...

Alright, alright, I'll stop with that....
    Democracy's Last Legs - USA / UK DAIM After-action report - Finished
    Democracy's Last Legs: Part II - USA After-action report - In progress - Last Updated (August-22-2010)
    Holdsteady suspense award:
    Lord Strange Cookie of British Excellence:
    Jambor Cookie of Gameplay Awesomeness:
    Hatuke-The "Impossible Overlord success" cookie:
    01/02/2009 Weekly AAR Showcase Winner
    Winner of the Q1 and Q4 2009 ACA 'Favorite HoI Narrative' award.
    And a link to 1964, a mod in development based off of Democracy's Last Legs! Open Alpha v1.2.0 is ready to download! As is v1.1.1 patch

Dauphinois la Noix Karaiskandar's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by {LD}Firestorm View Post
    I guess it would appear so. I have not had any real burning desire to mod the game with only a year of gameplay left before I start the actual mod.

Nixon can come back as a floating head
    Yeah of course, I understand, you have enough work to do with your mod!
    Awarded Fan of the Week 10. April 2010
    Awarded the Medal of Services or Knowledge towards the betterment of Canada

Sergeant
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Karaiskandar View Post
    So the soviet offensive in Australia has been contained, impressive!
    Btw Marshall is still the CoS in 1960?
    I think it is not very important, if Marshall is still CoS.
    It is more interesting if Commander Firestorm is still in service

He must have been around 40 when the 2nd WW began. Now it is more then 20 years later - he must be at least 60 or 65.

Think about it

200k club

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann Steiner View Post
    I think it is not very important, if Marshall is still CoS.
    It is more interesting if Commander Firestorm is still in service

He must have been around 40 when the 2nd WW began. Now it is more then 20 years later - he must be at least 60 or 65.

Think about it
    Makes me wonder then if Creighton Abrams is still alive in this timeline.
    AAR Commentator and Werewolf Whackjob

"Getting paid for reading is the best way to make a living."

The best bit in that game is this PM from OY to his packmates:

OrangeYoshi: ... I'll also put in a preliminary hunt order to Hunt Oky's replacement. (THE_SPLIT if I'm not mistaken). He publicly asked for a sub, and that is slightly more common in Lite if you have some sort of important role.

This is OY putting in a hunt order on Oky's replacement, who is none other than OY.

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

You mean first and last names for generals, admirals, etc.?

I can do that. I can do a lot of them.
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

That would be great actually. I will be back home working on things again tomorrow, for those waiting. I will also be able to post another pair of updates.
    Democracy's Last Legs: Part II - USA After-action report - In progress - Last Updated (August-22-2010)
    And a link to 1964, a mod in development based off of Democracy's Last Legs! Open Alpha v1.2.0 is ready to download! As is v1.1.1 patch

Hey Firestorm, my trick work?
    "The East is Red, the Sun has Risen, China now has Mao Zedong!" - The East is Red - A Worldwide Redvolution AAR In collaboration with Alexon47

Try Arsenal of Democracy, HoI as it's meant to be!

Arsenal of Democracy music project! It's just not the same without the music of your homeland!

The Iron Fist deals with the Devil foul, the Syndicalist wolves begin to howl
    But from Baltic seas to Alpine snows, the Kaiserreich shall smash its foes!
    Acting Chairman of the Prussian Conservative Party and Reichskanzler in TRP's new AAR "Realpolitik"!

Have not had time to play yet, and thus have not tried it

It's the most epic story of epicness. 2 players got destroyed by AI? How awesome is that?
    Anyway, good luck with both your offensive and your mod

watever happened to cool in real life terms? i know he was executed in the versailles trials, but after he surrendured as the uk he transfered to texas. why didnt he transfer to another country again? if a human controlled the soviets it would become interesting. would he do better or worse than the ai?

cool quit the game. he doesn't visit the forum much (from what i've gathered) because people roast him for his betrayal lol.

Quote Originally Posted by omegatrooper View Post
    cool quit the game. he doesn't visit the forum much (from what i've gathered) because people roast him for his betrayal lol.
    This. Also, he is now on vacation to the United States.

I am working on an update atm.

@ovg: Thanks

CBC World News March 21st, 1961

March 21st, 1961

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight, we report on the latest news from Europe, Asia and around the world."

"Chicago Pact forces have finally launched their counter-offensive in Australia after nearly 5 months of preparations and delays. The attack, aimed at liberating the southern portion of the continent, as well as its capital, has struck hard against the Red Army around Canberra, and has forced the Soviet armies to retreat. According to some well placed sources, this attack is suspected to be the start of an offensive with the single goal of liberating the entire country from the Soviets."

"To drive the offensive home to the Soviet government, the new leadership has authorized the use of nuclear weapons against major Soviet cities and installations. The Indian-region capital of Delhi, the Soviet port of Vladivostok, and the Siberian city of Novosibirsk were all targets of the nuclear attacks. This has caused a significant row by the Axis governments, who have condemned the attack as a a ruthless aggression against innocent civilians. While Kennedy has defended his government's stance on the nuclear attack, many lower-ranking government officials have resigned from their positions, stating that their policies better fitted Eisenhower's stance on nuclear weapons, and that they could not support a government whose reckless abandon cost the lives of millions."

**Three nukes: 35 billion dollars. Overwhelming air superiority: 373 billion dollars. Local ground superiority: wages of 1.2 million men. The Look on Beria's face: Priceless**

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne

On the Floor Drunk, crying, and playing old Patsi Cline albums. Where are you?
    Classic end sentence lol.
    I am Mad General and I aprove this post
    USA!! USA! Palin 2012! (fine I will settle for Romney)

"The south will rise again, and then again, and, well, I dont know about a fourth try"
    Duda duda duda duda duda duda duda duda BATMAN!

Excellent news my friend, bloody excellent. It looks like the Soviet Union is finally running out of steam. Not surprising considering they lost their best provinces to the Germans and have to deal with more partisan riddled provinces than national ones (I think India gets partisans after 1946 or something like that).

BTW what's the ESE of the Soviets in Australia?
    "Anything written in quotation marks followed by a well-known name always sounds profound" ~ Thatguy.

The Devil's Harlot Austria Hungary's Avatar
    Darkest Hour

Nuking their Capital is doing no good as they literaly have not a droplet of infrastructure left as well as that they still keep quickly producing nukes anyway.

Delhi? Role play wise it makes sense I suppose.

Vladivostock, now we are talking! Let their carriers burn in nuclear fire!
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    So why, in bloody hell
    Does Makarov know you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Austria Hungary View Post
    Nuking their Capital is doing no good as they literaly have not a droplet of infrastructure left as well as that they still keep quickly producing nukes anyway.
    Their reactor is there, so nuking it ensures that it stays destroyed, just in case the Soviets decide to rebuid the infrastructure. Also the dissent it produces is the biggest help when it comes to fighting their troops.
    "Anything written in quotation marks followed by a well-known name always sounds profound" ~ Thatguy.

Dauphinois la Noix Karaiskandar's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

**Three nukes: 35 billion dollars. Overwhelming air superiority: 373 billion dollars. Local ground superiority: wages of 1.2 million men. The Look on Beria's face: Priceless**
    Well said
    Nice nuclear strikes, I hope that the counter offensive in Australia will succeed.
    Awarded Fan of the Week 10. April 2010
    Awarded the Medal of Services or Knowledge towards the betterment of Canada

Darkest HourHearts of Iron III

Hell Yeah!!! Let those nukes fly! To hell with the Axis protests, they have no right to preach about human rights and civilian casualties after what they did to the US near the end of the 2nd World War. Ignore them, and keep those nukes going, whatever it takes to crush the Soviets.

It looks like you have finally turned the corner. With the Red Navy on the retreat and their armies now overstretched and vulnerable, it is time to crush them. Remember, be ruthless. Do not stop attacking them. Even when you continue the game in part 2, keep up the war with the Soviet menace, and do not stop until the entire Soviet Union is nothing more than a collection of brand new Chicago pact allies, right at the doorstep of the Axis barbarians.

Keep fighting the good fight. Show the Soviets no mercy.
    In Defense of Freedom, A US Kaiserreich AAR Complete. Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, March 15th, 2010
    Rebirth of the Japanese Empire, A Japan MDS 1.6 AAR Complete, Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, February 5th, 2012
    The Return of The King: A Canadian KaiserReich DH AAR Complete, Awarded Darkest HeAARt Award, April 2014
    The Dual Monarchy at War A 1914 Austria-Hungary DH AAR In Progress, Awarded Weekly AAR showcase, March 9th, 2014
    Awarded WritAAR of the week: February 14th, 2010

CBC World News April 4th, 1961

April 4th, 1961

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight, we report on the latest news from Europe, Asia and around the world."

"Axis leaders are meeting to discuss several key issues in global Axis matters this week, including the drift of Argentina and South America away from the European powers. Also in this meeting, official discussions will take place about the potential for mass-irrigation projects in North Africa, which may bring an increase in crop yield to Europe. Most important of these issues, however, is how the European governments will react to the American use of nuclear arms on civilian populations last month. President Kennedy has shown no sympathy for his actions, which would hurt diplomatic and trade relations between the United States and the Axis states."

"On matters more close to home, Kennedy spoke today in his monthly address, encouraging continued economic investment and increased recruitment for the military. He spoke to a crowd of several thousand who braved the rainy day to hear what he had to say. We now tune in to the closing piece of his speech, live."

"...There will come a day when the black tide of evil swallows men and we devour ourselves in a fit of hate and fear. But I tell you, it will not be this day."

"A time will come when mankind lends himself to the darkness of heart and reverts to savagery once more. But it will not be this day!"

"Shall we stand an fight for what we believe in and what is right?! Or will our great civilization fall and be crushed by the very hands that made it?"

"Come fathers, brothers, sons, mothers and children! Let us unite in Democracy! We shall win by any means necessary, and when Judgment comes upon those who looked into evil's black heart and turned away, let it be merciful because we are not them! A day will come when all we have planted goes to ruin and the end of all we know comes. But I say to you it will not be today! Come, Chicago Pact, unite in the face of terror!"

"Citizens of the world, your chains are but the flesh of your oppressors! The day when all things end is NOT today! The Chicago Pact PREVAILS! Long live the Chicago Pact!..."

"This is a reference to the latest Pact offensive in Australia, which has seen the Red Army retreat several hundred kilometers north. The major port of Brisbane has been retaken, with the capture of large stockpiles of munitions and food. This will hamper Red Army efforts on the entire continent, as such supplies are running dangerously low among most Soviet divisions."

**Midge came up with this speech this week, so give him credit for that ..oh yes, the offensive. What can I say about that? is all. I also promised TRP to ask people to take a look at their new AAR, Realpolitik**

+ Reply to Thread