• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finland is Communist. Next AAR will be up soon. The last AAR post was great news. This next one will be depressing.

CBS World News - September 26th, 1943

September 26th, 1943

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. The recent news from Europe from our German correspondent topped the stories tonight, as Hans von Strauppen reports."

"It was a joyful day in the OKW. Champagne and caviar was on the tables and the Riechskanzler showed himself at his best. But why not? The Soviet Union has been mauled as victorious German armies took Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow and beyond. Goering laughed with his whole body as he explained to the newly arrived Field Marshal von Paulus that Stalin has sued for peace. Two days ago an envoy had arrived with peace conditions written in Stalin's own hand. And they were good conditions too. Everyone was now waiting the Reichkanzler's decision. It is to be made public here at this very moment"

(the room calms down)

"So you all may have heard, the Stalin has come to us begging for us to end the war. Why should we? Our armies have plundered deep into Russia territory, and pushed beyond our wildest expectations. But we, the German people, are not war mongers. We are civilized, and we must show the world this. Today, I come here not as your leader, but as your friend. The war has put the heaviest burden of fighting on our nations finest, and they have achieved what was thought impossible by our enemies. And since I am a friend of the people, I say with great pleasure that our country is no longer at war with the Soviet Union! At 24:00 tonight our nations will stop all acts of hostility against the Soviet Union."

(room goes wild with joy)

"Now from our correspondent in the Soviet Union."

"There was a somber mood today in Stalin's makeshift headquarters in the East Urals. After heavy fighting across the entire Ural range, the Soviet line held. However, Soviet manpower is falling, moral is falling, and the resource stock is at its lowest. This lead to the 'Bitter Peace', as he calls it, that he has sent to the German leaders. This will have a profound effect amongst the Allied leaders, for much of the German army was fighting Russia and now will be released against the Allied positions holding in the Middle East...."

Erwin Rommel (with his staff), surveying the Soviet positions that lie in front of his forces just a month ago.
erwinrommelnormandy.jpg

The Peace Agreement
ScreenSave24.jpg

**And interesting note, Finland (a Soviet Puppet) seems to have gained quite a bit of land.....**

Last edited:
I have been following this AAR from the start. Very good job so far. I am eagerly waiting to see how you will deal with super germany.

Keep up the great work!

I saw bitter peace.

And then proceeded to cry for 10 minutes.

I then contemplated putting a bullet through my head.

Don't worry, it gets worse....

CBS World News - October 18th, 1943 - October 23rd, 1943

October 18th, 1943 - October 23rd

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. Britain has come under attack again, as Bob Trout reports to us from London."

"Following the peace with their former enemy, the Soviet Union, the Germans have been quick to redeploy troops to other theaters of war. The British mainland has had a resumption of air attacks throughout the past two weeks, and German naval forces had been spotted on the move. Now, over the past few days, they have struck. A combined landing at Norwich, Glasgow, and Blackpool have hit the British mainland. Commander Cool is stunned at the speed and severity of the problem, while Commander Feuersturm sits in his headquarters in disbelief. This time, with more British troops on the island the landings should be dealt with quite promptly. Commander Cool, and Commander Feuersturm, have noted that the increase buildup along the North Persian Front is some cause for concern..."

ScreenSave27.jpg

ScreenSave28.jpg

Oh my :eek:

There is absolutely no reason you should be allowing the Germans to control the oceans like that. You've got the USN and the RN; get some patrol aircraft up, scour the seas, and sink the German transports! Frankly, I am disappointed. You should have plenty of resources to keep the Filthy German bottled up on the Continent.

Why does the British player keep all his fleets in harbour? surely being invaded multile times would convince him that a defensive force could really help.

Also Good luck, you'll need it ;)

Germany had 2 - 3 carriers by the time war broke out in 1939. Their bombers drove the Royal Navy north. Their navy has been stretched thin covering the Med and the Atlantic. When I joined the war in 1941, I had roughly 12 carriers facing the Japanese with a similar carrier strength. Though, yes, we didn't do all we could to stop the German Navy, we figured it was far more important to take the Japanese out early then to do a half assed effort on Japan and Germany and let both wars stretch long. That's why the Japanese fleet is finished and their home islands under occupation.

The German air superiority has not lightened the situation, and the fact that the German fleet does port strikes whenever the fleets go in for repairs. The invasion does get beat, but you got to remember, Germany has 500 IC, I have 322 (before war I was at around 120), and Britain has 180ish. Difficulty modifiers reduce our IC and increase the enemy's.

His fleet isn't at harbor, its in the Med. and East of Britain. The ones at port as transports and allied fleets. If you look at the top screen there is his remaining carriers looking for the German fleet left of the mainland.

The rest are fighting Italy's + Vichy's 9 carriers in the Med.

In real life, the Allies adopted a Germany's first Policy. We adopted a Japan first policy so we wouldn't have to worry about the Japanese when we invaded Europe. We don't have the capacity to wage both wars at once.

Last edited:
I didn't realise how bad it was on the oceans too :eek:

Once you winn the bttle for the Med do you plan on striing at the ''soft underbelly of the crocodile'' aka Italy as it is an easy spot to get a foothold in Europe? Greece would be another good spot to try a similar operation but Italy would obviously be a much better choice.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit................. You, my man, are one of the few guys that actually made me support the allies instead of Hitler. Damn man....just..............damn...

I pray that SU get's those tanks rolling and starts pushing back the Jerries next year. Or at least that's how they usually go. BP, and one year later, bang back to War.

Ah, well...one could only hope they'd do that.

Yeah, my bad. Edited later, made the post on rush.

Normally, SU goes back to war one year later, when their better organized. That's normally how it happens in my games and I won't be surprised to see them do it again.

CBS World News - December 18th, 1943

December 18th, 1943

CBS World News

"The world today. The Columbia Broadcasting System now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBS correspondents by trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Columbia's news room here in New York. John Daly reports to us today from New York"

"Good afternoon Americans. The military news is presented to you today by Commander Feuersturm, who took time out of his busy schedule to come talk to us. Commander, you have the air"

"Well, for starters, the Germans launched a massive attack a week ago as some of you may have heard. It hit the front that lay on the former Russian - Persian border south of Baku. The hit the sector held my Canadian, French and British troops, and caused a retreat into Persia. The front has been cut in half, with the Americans retreating towards the Karachi fortress, and the Canadian and British troops falling towards the forts between Syria and Saudi Arabia. The army got cut in half as German troops reached the Persian Gulf. The East India Line also was penetrated, when Japanese troops assaulted the norther fortress held by British troops. The American 1st Army took on more responsibility as British units moved north to counter the threat. Patton has been busy preventing a collapse in the line."

"Thank you Commander Feuersturm, and now on to other world news"

"The German peace treaty with the Soviet Union has had an effect on the world diplomatic tables. Some countries have been warming up to Germany and distancing themselves from the Allied powers. Switzerland is a recent example of this, as they just joined the Axis powers two days ago."

ScreenSave29.jpg

Last edited:
Switzerland in Axis :eek:

Africa looks clean from nazis atleast.

I'd rather lose Africa then India at the moment....

Great AAR. I installed DAIM after reading this, but somehow, it's not this hardcore in my games.