• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the german AI getting more nukes than they should be? I mean come on, they just blasted you with what, 5 nukes, after earlier firing a shitload of other ones at the british just a year or so earlier. In the same amount of time you have only gotten a few. Is the german AI cheating or something? If so, give yourself some bombs and blast the germans to hell. Nuke the german defenses in switzerland and italy, and blast the german armies that are marching towards you. Then drop a couple on argentina because you can. :D

The general consensus is that Germany developed Nuclear weapons before means of actually using them, so by the time it could deploy them it had a significant stockpile saved up.

I am playing a USSR game and am assessing potential nuclear targets in Germany. Here is my list in order of priority:

Berlin, Vienna, Cologne, Stuttgart, and Dresden.

After that it's a tossup, Oppeln gives a decent IC + MP hit for a dissent hit, Dortmund has a huge energy supply, Hannover has a huge rare supply. But those are my top five, they give huge dissent and major hits to MP, IC, and rares. Obviously you've taken some of these cities, so they aren't viable strike targets.

Also you might consider some long range tac ground strikes against gar-MP units in occupied territory. If you kill them off you could end up spiking his TP levels and giving further hits to his ESE. Provided your tac bombers don't get totally demolished.

It might not have been DAIM, but in my games as Italy I was able to put 10 nuclear reactors into the Great Sand Sea (Take that Allied bitches!) and then build nuclear reactors to put into other provinces.

Maybe Berlin isn't Germany's only reactor ;)

*claps* well played, very well played. You did incredibly well fighting your way through....

Congratulations on the sacking of Berlin guys.

I would like to advocate for an emphasis in Sweden & Denmark so you can release Scandinavia. Combined it's manpower may help.

Can you transfer France to France? You should be able to ship supplies to Belgium for your troops in Germany

I have to think that in real life people on both sides would have thrown up their hands and said "let's just stop" by now. Victory will mean little at this point. The only one's to come out of this with any kind of industry or infrastructure would be the Americans and even they would be reeling. They lost most of the Bos-Wash corridor to nuclear attack.

@Jalex: Yep, thanks for addressing that for me :)

(Sirveri ) I am playing a USSR game and am assessing potential nuclear targets in Germany. Here is my list in order of priority:

Berlin, Vienna, Cologne, Stuttgart, and Dresden.

Berlin -> Nuked
Vienna -> Nuked
Cologne -> Allied control
Stuttgart -> Allied control
Dresden -> Key location near the front. Exchanges hands regularly.

As of now I have no means of deploying a nuke, though I am in the process of building missile to do so.

@DeSota: Shhhhh! Don't give people any ideas. The British are already on edge :(

Can you transfer France to France? You should be able to ship supplies to Belgium for your troops in Germany

I cannot give control of provinces I occupy. I tried that, it wont appear on the list. Only place it does in in Vichy, but when France had some of it it regularly went out of supply. And the other issue, which was far more annoying, was whenever I had units on it it regularly would switch between my control and French control, resulting in several hundred pop-ups.....('We have lost control of "Province" to the French' kind of deal)

@Alakazam: :( They had better not have anymore...

@lordvagrant & Lord Strange: Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
Let's see if the allies can advace more now that the nuclear threat is gone... :p

I cannot give control of provinces I occupy. I tried that, it wont appear on the list.
You can always mod them. You can't call it cheating in this situation. ;)

60-ish IC on supplies, and 40-ish on Consumer goods. Trade for supplies? I have maxed out every single trade with any nation I can find that I am not at war with.

The rest is on trying to reinforce my army and make that missile to nuke the bastards.

60-ish IC on supplies, and 40-ish on Consumer goods. Trade for supplies? I have maxed out every single trade with any nation I can find that I am not at war with.

The rest is on trying to reinforce my army and make that missile to nuke the bastards.

if you would nuke them were?
I would take out a provine with heavy armour since most heavy industrial areas have been taken.

Munich. It is still a significant enough spot to cause dissent.

nice choice of target. It is also the birthplace of the Nazi party, so provides good symbolic value.

Do you plan to intervene in force in south america sometime? Maybe get mexico to join the allies and use their troops to march towards the panama canal. You have to do something about those axis airbases there that allow them to nuke the US homeland.

With the German nuclear program gone, it is a lot safer now and not as much of a risk. The occasional raid on my oilfields is not worth the effort. Mexico still refuses to join >_>

Jesus christ.

Push forward!

That resource boost you got from Germany was pretty big!

You should fall back to Seigfried and just launch an occasional nuke on Berlin to swamp their reactor.

Well anyway you have 2 choices.

Fight a revived Soviet Union, or continue the battle in Low infrastructure Germany territories against units with a scary amount of experience.

You should fall back to Seigfried and just launch an occasional nuke on Berlin to swamp their reactor.

Well anyway you have 2 choices.

Fight a revived Soviet Union, or continue the battle in Low infrastructure Germany territories against units with a scary amount of experience.

1) German reactors are toast, when you take a reactor province it removes them and adds them to your own build que.

2) Either one is bad enough as it is. I don't remember when, I didn't get a screen of it, but apparently Magdeburg was also nuked.

As for the save, I might sometime in the future here :). I don't feel like digging around for them, I move them to a backup folder buried on my secondary hard drive. I'm in the process of cleaning it up.