• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks, I will answer your questions then get my AAR post up.

As for the Random Chaotic Event Mod, I don't know of it so I cannot help you there.

As for linking posts, the top right of every psot is a number. Right click on it > copy link location.

Then you just make it a link!

As for Austria-Hungary, congrats on making the infamous 2,000th post!

CBC World News – January 6th, 1955

January 6th, 1955

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from the United States and abroad via our correspondents in Chicago, Ottawa, and Berlin."

"Good evening Canada, this is your host Tommy Forever speaking. Today's reports will be focusing on the Asian and Pacific fronts, the surrender of Texas, and the recent rocket launch in Germany."

"In Asia, Soviet forces are driving Chinese forces south as resistance collapses. The Red Army, after suffering staggering humiliations early in their Asian campaign, have shown a renewed military strategy which seems to be extremely effective. 340,000 Chinese soldiers from the Nanjing defense force have been pushed to Shanghai's outskirts, but have so far been denied entry by the United States. Meanwhile, to the south, Soviet forces have split the Chinese front at Hong Kong, reaching the former British colony late last month. The Chinese strategy seems to be heavily reliant on holding out for Japanese reinforcements, as the Chinese army seems to be pulling back to a defensive line in occupied-Vietnam."

"After over a decade of political and military turmoil, it appears that the average Chinese citizen is tired of the instability. The north Chinese appear to be rallying behind a Soviet initiative to create a communist-backed government, which is expected to form after the defeat of the current Chinese government."

"The Australian army continues to engage in heavy battle with British units in eastern Australia. Despite being extremely outnumbered, Australian forces have managed to show unsurpassed bravery and skill against the British-French forces. Supply shipments from the United States have significantly aided the Australian war effort, providing food, munitions, field kitchen supplies, and several other crucial supplies to the isolated nation. Rär Ezgozeela, our Australian field reporter, has been following the Australian army for several months. He was lucky enough to see the interview of a British field officer captured last week. According to the officer, the British Army is low on moral, and with the recent events in Britain, under-nourished. The main result of this situation was, ironically, a significant decreased in British fighting capacity."

"In the United States, the separatist government of Texas has formally surrendered. This comes after a grueling campaign made by the Confederate forces slowly pushed Texas back from the Flordia coast and right into the Texan heartland. With the Texas oilfields in Confederate hands, the United States and California have been deprived of one of the most valuable resources in modern warfare: Oil."

"Commander Cool has been transferred to an undisclosed high-security prison in Germany until he joins Churchill and many other war criminals this October, in the War Crime Trials in Versailles. Commander Cool was captured in November as he attempted to flee across the Texas-Mexico border."

"Germany has launched the first man-made satellite into space today. The satellite, Blondie I, was launched on an A-11 rocket out of Weltraumbahnhof Rügen on the Rügen Island, and was nicknamed after Hitler's former k-nine companion. Its orbit will take it directly over much of the northern hemisphere, and will be visible passing overhead at night. This has been the net results of several years of work on the Programm zur Eroberung des Weltalls, also known as the Program for the Conquest of Space (PCS in English), which has been in operation since the mid '40s. The goal of this launch is to collect scientific data of the atmosphere, and will be monitored by a large group of German scientists. More details on the German PCS will be broadcasted over the course of this week."

ScreenSave53.jpg

ScreenSave54.jpg

ScreenSave57.jpg

ScreenSave58.jpg

**Blondie I, lol. I didn't name a location yet because I do not know what locations are suitable for launch. Suggestions?. Secondly, Texas is out! 1 down, 2 to go. China is screwed, rapidly collapsing, but I still stick to the date I think they will be annexed.**

Last edited:
**Blondie I, lol. I didn't name a location yet because I do not know what locations are suitable for launch. Suggestions?. Secondly, Texas is out! 1 down, 2 to go. China is screwed, rapidly collapsing, but I still stick to the date I think they will be annexed.**

hahah Blondie I really is funny. :D

As for location... well you would want to launch it as far south as possible because that saves fuel, but without placing it on a dangerous border. Also an orbital rocket would launch due east so the initial trajectory should not take it over an inhabitated region. Open water would be best so if the rocket fails, the payload (or the "Raumfahrer"/astronauts) can automatically put out chutes and baloons and be recovered by ship.

Maybe a launch site in Tunesia? Crete? Egypt? These locations would all be accessible from Germany and still far enough south...

About time Cool was defeated. He deserved every bit of what the US and the CSA gave him for his treachery during the fight against Germany. I liked that story about him being nabbed trying to cross into Mexico. :rofl:

What is going to be your battle plan for defeating the Confederacy? A drive along the Mississippi to New Orleans and Baton Rouge would cut the CSA in half. Or are you going to smash through Kentucky and Virginia?

Are you going to focus on crushing the Californians first before going after the CSA?

Cut through the Mississippi River valley on the side that has less troops so you can defend using the river as a line, then starve them of IC for supplies.

Augenhöhlen program? Maybe you need a german advisor? xD

I vote for Raumhafen Peenemünde.

Got a better name for the program? Come up with one and all it takes is a quick edit to change it :). Someone who knows German would be quite helpful in that.

Cut through the Mississippi River valley on the side that has less troops so you can defend using the river as a line, then starve them of IC for supplies.
I think first he will need to fend off the Confed armor offensive. He mentioned that they have 12 tanks to his 0

I think I will keep on pushing into California. The Confederates have quite abit of armor pushing that way, which I think helped Texas' collapse.

@Kaiser_Mobius: My plan, to take out California and stop the CSA advance there. This will allow me to both shorten by front (this way it is not all of north from coast to coast vs. all of south coast to coast. I think I might drive on Washington though, as I can probably pocket a few divisions by aiming south of it.

Maybe a launch site in Tunesia? Crete? Egypt? These locations would all be accessible from Germany and still far enough south...

Those might be good sites, as they are will within Axis control, and far away from any external problems that may occur.

Peenemünde I think is alittle too far north, but if it is possible to launch from there, the rocket could go over the North Sea I suppose.

Augenhöhlenprogramm? Eye Cavity Program? Wut? :rofl: I'm afraid to even ask what nightmare gave you that idea. :)

More serious suggestions:
Space Program:
Deutsches Raumfahrtprogramm (->German Space Travel Program - okay, that's pretty unimaginative, I'll search for more)
Programm zur Eroberung des Weltalls (->program for the conquest of space - saw that thrown around alot in the '60s German Perry Rhodan Sci-Fi-series)

Heeresversuchsanstalt X (->army resarch center)
Weltraumbahnhof X (->space port)

Likely Rocket Name:
Aggregat 9+10+11 (three-staged A9+A10+A11) - A-rocket series / A11/A10/A9
Payload: 300 kg
to: 300 km Orbit

Satellite Names:
Kundschafter 1 (->scout/explorer)
Satellit 1 (-> Sputnik)
Sonde 1 (-> Probe)

Rockets launch into an eastern direction (to profit off the Earth's rotation). If you start from German soil, you'd probably want a location on the northern coast of the Baltic Sea, although Peenemünde was also already situated on the island Usedom in the Baltic Sea. However, an eastern flight route from Usedom would lead the rocket directly back to the coast and across the Pommerian mainland.
I'd say a starting location near Oldenburg in Holstein or from the island Rügen is probably the most ideal.
What would of course be even better is a location nearer to the equator, but it isn't absolutely necessary. As a comparison: Baikonur (Sovjet spaceport) has a latitude of 45,9 degrees, while Peenemünde has 54,1 degrees. Nazi science sneers at larger fuel requirements!

Since the war is still continuing in Africa's equator regions other choices could perhaps be launch-locations on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea, from Spain or Tunesia perhaps. Or over the Black Sea, starting out from the Crimean in the former Soviet Ukraine.

Last edited:
Regarding the "Random Chaotic Event Mod":

Welcome to Democracy's Last Stand After-Action Report. Here you will find one of the most difficult games ever played by Britain and American human players. With DAIM (an AI mod) and a random chaotic chance of occurrences beyond anyone's foretelling,

"Random chaotic chance of occurrences beyond anyone's foretelling". I assumed that was a mod considering all the alliances and events that don't happen in HOI2 Arma that have occurred in your game. Or are all the new events and alliances part of DAIM?

Ive never had those alliances, but I play Daim on Normal anyway.

Also, do you have pics of remade Europe yet; because if you dont I will bug you until the end of time! :D

Regarding the "Random Chaotic Event Mod":

Welcome to Democracy's Last Stand After-Action Report. Here you will find one of the most difficult games ever played by Britain and American human players. With DAIM (an AI mod) and a random chaotic chance of occurrences beyond anyone's foretelling,

"Random chaotic chance of occurrences beyond anyone's foretelling". I assumed that was a mod considering all the alliances and events that don't happen in HOI2 Arma that have occurred in your game. Or are all the new events and alliances part of DAIM?

I'm pretty sure that the game was played with DAIM and the "random chaotic chance" line is thrown in to hint at extremely unpredictable AI performance. Also, if I'm remembering correctly, {LD} has done a little bit of editing/modding as the games progressed.

Programm für Eroberung teutonischen extraterrestischen Raumes - shortend to PETER :p

in english: program for conquering teutonic extraterrestial space.it's not that good,but I like the short version ^^

I'm pretty sure that the game was played with DAIM and the "random chaotic chance" line is thrown in to hint at extremely unpredictable AI performance. Also, if I'm remembering correctly, {LD} has done a little bit of editing/modding as the games progressed.

Yeah, no mod was involved, the AI pulled this off all on its own. Firestorm only started modding in some events after he got kicked out of Europe - he wrote a peace event between USA and Axis, organised new European borders, dropped himself out of the Allies and spawned additional divisions for California, Texas and the CSA. Eventually, he also had to give himself some additional manpower and units (cheater!!! ;) ).

Hm, now I'm really tempted to try and start a mod based on this to repeat the outcome...

Very nice work guys, you answered eachothers questions for me :D

As for the rocket itself, Blondie I will stick, just for the :rofl: factor :)

As for the spaceprogram itself, the name was strickly taken out of an online translator. "Augenhöhlenprogramm? Eye Cavity Program?" -> I laughed so hard I had drink come up my nose.

-------

Deutsches Raumfahrtprogramm

or

Programm zur Eroberung des Weltalls

The first one sounds better, but less creative. The second one is longer, but more informative. It

Programm zur Eroberung des Weltalls
Weltraumbahnhof Rügen
And of course, the A-series rockets....
....Nicknamed Blonde I, II, III, ect. :)

As for closer to the equator, as he world begins to cool down and global populations become more stable, maybe we will see some launchpads be built in regions closer to the equator.

In a few minutes my last news post will be edited to introduce the new information, some of which will be repeated again in the next news post for those who don't back-read. (edit: Done, just look up the page :) )

Austria-Hungary: Thanks for reminding me. I think I should spend abit more work on that today.

edit: New Map. Most changes are done, so what else should be done?
**NOTE: Malta and Corsica will be going to Italy. Corsica is under old French rule and I cannot give it to Italy at this time. What should I do with Casablanca? Give it to Germany? Or what of Crete and Cyprus? The Middle East? Africa (visible parts) ?**

ScreenSave66.jpg

Last edited:
Great job! just a few things, It would seem proper that the Baltics be Annexed directly into Germany as national provinces as they had a fair population of historical Germans. It Juest seems that there is an uneven bulge in the German territory (Lithuania-Belarus) and Annexing Lithuania would smooth it out a tad.

If not that then at least annex Lituania into Germany while give Latvia- Estonia and maybe a name change too. Perhaps "Baltic States" as neither Latvia or Estonia had really helped the Germans nor had much history with them.

Are the new German territories National or occupied?

Also, why does Portugal have La Coruna?

I've read the whole AAR, and I have to say it was awesome! Love your narrative style too.

However, I don't know if Nazi Germany would have let Western Russia as independent even if Germany was nuked and every inch of Western Germany was fought over. Historically, Germany continued it's racial policies against the "undesirables" until the very end of the war when the extra materials and manpower could easily have gone into fighting the war. Also, it seems unlikely even more due to the growing power of the USSR. I would think that Germany would need to have direct control of that land in the case of Russian aggression.

It also doesn't make sense that Germany would let a puppet as strong as Western Russia independent. Their goal was total domination of Europe, and Western Russia has way too many resources and industrial centers to not be under German control. Lastly, I would assume that Germany would have heavily industrialized Russia, just like Russia did in the Urals when the Germans invaded. Germany proper was destroyed in the war, and I would assume that Russia would have been a "redoubt" for the German industry.

So, it would make sense historically and story-wise if Western Russia wasn't independent. Otherwise, great map!

The Nazis themselves have been overthrown though, I believe. Germany is still looking at Hitler as the father of the nation, so to speak, but the rest of the inner circle chaps are done for. So that gives some wiggle room in terms of geopolitics.

The problem I imagine is that there simply aren't enough Germans to pacify (let alone colonize!) all that territory. Most likely they made a deal with the chaps in Moscow, letting a couple of thugs rule western Russia with an iron fist in exchange for cooperating with the Germans. And those chaps aren't going to be able to attack their puppet masters too quickly or too overtly because they've got a very hostile USSR on their border, and no doubt many saboteurs on the inside as well.

Now, in regards to Firestorms' questions:

Egypt/Sudan looks a little weird - still old British holdings there? I would think the sand in west Egypt should be Italian if only to make the map look nice and tidy. Sudan could become an Italian protectorate or flat out Italian to link their Med. holdings to East Africa.

Casablanca should become German. Propaganda victory over Germany's long ago ambitions in the region - and this regime needs every propaganda victory in can get!

Crete/Cyrpus - one to Italy and one to Germany, perhaps? I imagine Italy wants both but again, a German post in the Med. is probably in order. Gaza should be German, as a bufferzone around the Suez.

For the rest of the Middle East, it depends what you want to do. A bunch of smaller puppet states with Berlin giving orders (and taking the oil!) seems a pretty good way to go, and you appear to be doing that. It shouldn't be too difficult to establish loyal (or at least unwilling to try anything fancy) regimes, and if it saves German manpower, that would be the way to do it.

I like the Baltics. On the one hand, Germany might try and push them into the sphere of annexation, trying to eek out every square inch of territory that they can annex and still maintain. On the other hand, if you annex them then Belarus is going to look out of place, and I like that there are a few different colors in that part of the world - gives it a true 'new world order' feeling as opposed to just a mass of wartime grey.

Finland should get those two border provinces from Russia IMO, set up Palestine covering the Sinai Peninsula, modern day Israel and Jordan, Leave Syria and Lebanon as they are, consolidate the Arabian Peninsula into a single Arabian Caliphate, create Kurdistan from northern Iraq and northwest Persia but merge Kuwait into Iraq; pressure Turkey to give up a province for Kurdistan. Italy should get Egypt and Sudan to merge its holdings in northeast Africa, Germany regains Mittelafrika and gains the former Belgian Congo. In Asia, Philippines and Indonesia gain independence; Nationalist China flees to Taiwan (?) Communist Indochina is formed, India and Pakistan gains independence.