• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With the world in that situation, "Vichy France" sounds strange. Time to call them "France"?

It is a good idea, but what do I call the 'Free French' still opposing the Axis in South Africa?

It is a good idea, but what do I call the 'Free French' still opposing the Axis in South Africa?

Democratric Republic of France, for example. Or simply "Free France".

'Free France' is a matter of perspective. With the war over and an Axis victory, and France having a new government, it is pretty much France now, with Free France not being 'free'. Uhg!!!!

'Free France' is a matter of perspective. With the war over and an Axis victory, and France having a new government, it is pretty much France now, with Free France not being 'free'. Uhg!!!!
it depends. the oath of loyalty to vichy france IRL included this part:
"I swear to fight against the forces of Free France and democracy"

Hmm, interesting. I did not know that.

Btw guys, new update tomorrow :)

CBC World News – October 23rd, 1954

October 23rd, 1954

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events from the United States and abroad via our correspondents in Chicago and Ottawa."

"Good evening Canada, this is your host Tommy Forever speaking. Tonight, I will be reporting on the latest news from the Asia, the Pacific, and the American Civil War."

"The front in Australia has changed very little over the past few months. The British army has been unable to break the Australian lines, despite recent French reinforcements and contributions from the German Luftwaffe. Despite having its northern ports occupied, time is on the side of the Australian government. With crisis, famine and disease causing riots of epic proportions on the British mainland, the British government will be unable to sustain a protracted war across the world. Even now, supply shipments to the troops in Australia are dwindling in an attempt to stave off open revolt in British cities."

"In China, the Soviets have achieved a massive breakthrough, overrunning all of the Chinese positions in the center of the country. 160,000 Chinese troops have been encircled at Xinyang, compounding to the 230,000 already captured during the latest advances. Further north, Soviet artillery has been blasting away at stubborn Chinese resistance as the battle for Nanjing enters its third week of battle. Despite having an 5:1 advantage in infantry and a 100:1 advantage in armored vehicles, the Soviet Red Army has been unable to secure the city. However, with continued supply problems plaguing the Chinese army, it appears their resistance may be coming to a close."

"In the former United States, the Confederate Army is continuing its assaults on Texan positions after its latest offensive overran much of Texas' prized oil fields. With US forces in the north preoccupied with taking Californian positions along the west coast, the Confederacy has been able to free up more troops to renew its attacks on Texas. Since their detachment from the Gulf of Mexico, Commander Cool has been increasing efforts to breakout and reclaim a link to the sea. Cool's recent attacks seem to be of desperation, as there is a reward by the German government to whichever state returns the former British commander to Germany by the time the War Crime Trials start next year."

ScreenSave29.jpg

ScreenSave32.jpg

ScreenSave34.jpg

ScreenSave35.jpg

**Texas and China look screwed, and Australia continues to surprise me.**

And if Cool gets owned in Texas, does he get another chance?

Now that all that dissent is gone, where is the IC headed?

And if Cool gets owned in Texas, does he get another chance?

Nope, he does not wish to continue should he collapse. After that it will be me vs. whoever is left.

All my extra IC, well that is going now to infantry + a pair of armored divisions.

This is going to be one hell of a dystopian world once the Communist Chinese have a go at it, and then war between Europa and the Soviets occurs.

If you can blitz rapidly california, could you send some help (a corps or two) to Australia?

Congratulations, after all these years, your dissent finally reached zero again! Time for some spontaneous celebration in the streets! :)

How did cool manage to loose over a dozen provinces, again, even though he only reconquered them recently? :eek:

This is going to be one hell of a dystopian world once the Communist Chinese have a go at it, and then war between Europa and the Soviets occurs.

I am thinking Japan might be in trouble too.

If you can blitz rapidly california, could you send some help (a corps or two) to Australia?

I am not Allied with them, but I have contemplated sending them some infantry. I want to see Australia and New Zealand make it out alive. The more democracies, the better.

what's the confed IC?

About 120-ish.

How did cool manage to loose over a dozen provinces, again, even though he only reconquered them recently?

Me, California and Confeds hit him at same time is what it appears.

If I may inquire, could you post the statistics regarding the amount of troops you have in your Army/Airforce, and Navy? Just interested to see how far you've fallen.

Yeah, I can.

Holy Poop! The Second civil war is nearing the end now. That captured IC and MP in the West will help you loads. But those dam Southerners will be a dam hard nut to crack.