• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BBC Home and Forces Program – June 10th, 1953

June 10th, 1953

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. The Battle for Guadalajara has come to a close. After several weeks of constant fighting for the region, 83 Allied divisions have laid down their arms and surrendered. Field Marshal Krueger, one of the most prominent Allied commanders in Europe, officially signed the surrender documents for the divisions in the region. This has been a devastating loss for the Allies, who have lost almost their entire mechanized and armored forces. The divisions that managed to escape from Guadalajara have retreated to Albacete and are attempting to reach Gibraltar. Despite the mass surrender, Field Marshal Eisenhower, Field Marshal Hodges, and Field Marshal Patton were not captured and are believed to have escaped on foot."

"This victory was paid with a steep price from the Axis powers. In the weeks of battle, over 450,000 Axis soldiers have been killed or wounded, coupled with the loss of some 2,500 tanks and self-propelled guns. Allies losses are estimated at 340,000 lives lost, and 1,800 tanks destroyed. The victory netted some 920,000 Allies prisoners of varying nationalities, including men of French, Canadian, American and Spanish backgrounds."

"The battle in Spain now focuses on two locations, one being the southern front where Allied units are retreating to Gibraltar, and to the north where 24 divisions are trapped in Oviedo. There is an anxious feeling in most front line units, as it is widely believed that the war may finally be coming to a close."

ScreenSave500.jpg

ScreenSave501.jpg

ScreenSave503.jpg

ScreenSave511.jpg

**I know you will ask: What the #$%^ happened. I have NO IDEA. They were fighting, and then just dissolved. They didn't lose, their odds were at 50%-ish so it was not a massively one-sided battle. I honestly think they just gave up....whatever the case be, I lost most of my HQs there (I have one left now) and almost all my tanks and mechanized divisions. What I have left in mechanized is trapped in northern Norway or locked down in combat in China.....**

That is some massive AI screwing around that you need to rectify. Something was just plain wrong there. Besides, in an IRL situation, THAT would DEFINITELY not have happened.

You Sir, are screwed. I suggest starting to write a peace event.

Holy Shi-

You just lost some 1 million men... Even the allies weren't doomed before, they are now. You are still lucky the axis cannot make any landings on US soil, but they may not have to due to the partisan activity in the US.

Wow... good luck. This is getting crazy.

the AI is cheating, you should cheat too:mad:

You Sir, are screwed. I suggest starting to write a peace event.

It has already been written. It fires when I give the word at this point. But I will not fire it until I feel the situation is at a point where a treaty would be signed.

@Rommel22: Yeah, that was a HUGE amount of men lost. I wonder if the 0 infrastructure might have anything to do with it. The Germans are bombing the roads till there is nothing left.

What you mean the Axis cannot? The combined Italian-German navy would be enough to decimate any naval force I have left if they come into contact with it. It is now a race to see how much I can evacuate in what little time.

If all goes well, another update tonight for those eager to see how I deal with all this...

Oh, and be prepared to yell and scream at Cool.

BBC Home and Forces Program – July 1st, 1953

July 1st, 1953

BBC Home and Forces Program

"This is the BBC home and forces program. This is Bruce Belfrage. After the destruction of five Allied army groups in Guadalajara, the Allied front has been pushed back to a defensive ring around Gibraltar. Here, 68 Allied divisions are trapped as American naval vessels attempt to evacuate the besieged troops. Such evacuation efforts have been constantly hampered by heavy German and British air bombardments, as well as naval interdiction by small groups of German naval vessels. In northern Spain, 42 Allied divisions remain trapped in the mountainous region of Oviedo. With these figured, it is estimated that there are only 110 Allied divisions remaining in Europe."

"The Allied front in Norway has also been defeated. 13 divisions, led by Canadian Field Marshal Vanier, have surrendered in Narvik and have signaled an end to the Scandinavian campaign. Commander Johan of the Swedish Army accepted the surrender at 15.00 June 20th, 1953. The prisoners add to a growing number of Allied PoWs, which now total over 1.5 million over the past 12 months."

"Massive protest has been sparked from many of the Axis signatories against the recent use of nuclear weapons on the US capital of Washington. The attack took place mid-day on June 29th, and has caused further chaos in the United States mainland. Many see it as a ruthless move as the war comes to a close. The British defended the attack, saying that 'The United States must learn its place in this new world, and should now learn that the soverignty of other nations should always be respected.' "

ScreenSave518.jpg

ScreenSave519.jpg

ScreenSave520.jpg

ScreenSave526.jpg

**Cool. You bastard.**

Well, shit.

Quite a defeat. With regards to that rebellion map, its no wonder you have confederates popping up later.

Any and all troops you can evacuate at this point are vital to defending America, I suppose. Good luck with that..

If you thought that was bad...that nuke sends them apeshit.
:(

Oh, and be prepared to yell and scream at Cool.
I'm yelling and screaming "NICE MOVE COMMANDER COOL!!!!" ;)

It's only a matter of time now. Yes, your division have full ORG and you have a good defensive position, but your divisions are also dangerously understrength.

Will the revolution event fire now since your dissent is above 60%?

Don't get this wrong, but I would have signed once the first nukes started falling on CONUS.

How nice of Cool to hammer his former ally with one of those and how convenient that the president himself, his staff, the majority of congress and house, commander Feuersturm and all the other important people were out of town hiking, right? :D

How nice of Cool to hammer his former ally with one of those and how convenient that the president himself, his staff, the majority of congress and house, commander Feuersturm and all the other important people were out of town hiking, right? :D

After those few nukes hit east coast a while back i doubt the president and HQ would stay in D.C. ;)

Amazing AAR btw, made me install DAIM :)