• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HQ + 2 or 3 arty units = Corps/Army artillery assets. Yes!
So it looks like HQs will have a place in the game, but I wonder what they'll have to do with the implementation of a proper chain of command.

How much effect will doctrines have on division design? What I mean will there limits on the mix based on doctrines. Such not being able to build a 2 tank and 2 mech div, if you have human wave and not blitzkrieg.

Chaplain said:
Just beautiful ... *sheds a tear* ...

I remember being 13 y/o in 1976 and playing Third Reich on my bedroom floor, thinking, "Wouldn't it be awesome if the whole thing was automated ... ", and then HOI1 came along, and it keeps getting better.

But when do we get the flying cars?

I concur with this post except for the flying cars. :cool:

I was hoping that the DD would be about this aspect, looks almost like I expected it to be :)

I will spent many hours in designing and redesigning divisions :)

Great new feature !

G'Kar said:
I also hope this will be possible.

The question of removing or remixing up division also burns under my nails !!!

safferli said:
Still, that's 250 days per infantry division! :)

I'm not so sure - I think its 270 for that particular combo as the Armoured Car brigades take much longer (270 days infact). If the division were just infantry brigades then I think it would be 95 days.

Bullfrog said:
HQ + 2 or 3 arty units = Corps/Army artillery assets. Yes!
So it looks like HQs will have a place in the game, but I wonder what they'll have to do with the implementation of a proper chain of command.

Might be an issue here...HQ is apparently frontline (1 width) so it looks like if it's knocked out of the frontline, all your "corps artillery assets" would be as well. It'll be interesting to see how that works.

What an excellent diary entry! Things just keep looking better and better.

I look forward to seeing how air and sea combat will look like in HOI3. Those need overhaul as well.

That looks great. HOI3 really seems worth the new computer I'm going to need running it.

The anti air symbol looks a little too "alpha" comparing to the bazooka and rifle symbol :D

DarthJF said:
That looks great. HOI3 really seems worth the new computer I'm going to need running it.

On my system, Call of Duty 5 is running on 1920 x 1200 so I think the requirment are very low.

Other question:
Is there also a new "brigade" system for naval units comparing to HOI2, maybe similar in use as the new system for land units?

mbabbs said:
I'm not so sure - I think its 270 for that particular combo as the Armoured Car brigades take much longer (270 days infact). If the division were just infantry brigades then I think it would be 95 days.

yeah

Perfect for Islands

My hope is that this system wil allow a more historical garrisoning of Islands. Divisions were a tad overkill. Now( I assume) I can make a 1 or 2 brigade "division" to handle small atolls.

Now if only the frontage for islands was reduced so that 8 divisons could not attack at the same time......

Those 4 (or 5) bridages are going to be one division? So if I click an army on the map, then I'll see a list of divisions and I can click one of those to go even deeper and see what brigades it includes?

donagel said:
My hope is that this system wil allow a more historical garrisoning of Islands. Divisions were a tad overkill. Now( I assume) I can make a 1 or 2 brigade "division" to handle small atolls.

Now if only the frontage for islands was reduced so that 8 divisons could not attack at the same time......
Either islands will have the same frontage as all other provinces (likely) and the system of max efficiency with 3 attacking divisions will still be in play, or the frontage will be based on the size of the island (and/or its beach quality).

Bullfrog said:
Either islands will have the same frontage as all other provinces (likely) and the system of max efficiency with 3 attacking divisions will still be in play, or the frontage will be based on the size of the island (and/or its beach quality).

Figure that there are going to be some pretty severe island assault penalties worked in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.