• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hebos.vU said:
Interesting!!

Can one country create and build several templates? In other words, would it be possible for a player to have for example one light-division-type consisting of only one brigade and another type which contain 4 brigades?

If so, how many templates can a country support and build at the same time?

Seems that you can save 12 different templates for some kind of division

very nice indeed, and if these brigade/unit lists are moddable themselves, and if specific templates could be assigned to specific countries it might actually be possible to give each country its own "models"

Anybody has an idea what the flag column means? The S-H tank and the garrison have 2, most others have 1, tanks and militia have 0. Can't really be partisan suppression as I can hardly imagine something worse for that task than S-H tanks.

King said:
yes the Division design system will in no way shield you from any stupid things you plan to do.

Awesome!!! I see great comedic AAR material from this one;)

@ Zanza
I would think that it is who much leadership the brigade costs...i mean leadership is represented by a flag...yay for vicky style stuff! I wounder what the strentgh will do (fist symbol, first column)?

Zanza said:
Anybody has an idea what the flag column means? The S-H tank and the garrison have 2, most others have 1, tanks and militia have 0. Can't really be partisan suppression as I can hardly imagine something worse for that task than S-H tanks.

The leadership ? :)

I thought there were no more serial builds? This concept got cut and the new "production expertise" introduced?

Also, some of those stats still need a little tweaking... 0 air attack for anti-air, 0 hard attack for tank destroyers, 8 mph for armoured cars... :D But hey -- it's still a long time till release.

Zanza said:

Making bridges collapse and drastically reduce the usefulness of roads and railroads simply by their weight -> so S-H tanks can seriously hamper the mobility of partisans ;)

bz249 said:
Making bridges collapse and drastically reduce the usefulness of roads and railroads simply by their weight -> so S-H tanks can seriously hamper the mobility of partisans ;)
I take it back, your explanation is much better then leadership :D

Actually, the hand with the number of 8,000 seems to correspond to the second column on the left with units having 3,000 or 1,000? Looks like numbers of men to me but not quite sure.

King, are you sure those components should be called brigades?
In the only 'proper' army brigades are little bit larger:

United Kingdom In the British Army, the brigade has been the smallest tactical formation for more than two centuries, since regiments are either administrative groupings of battalions (in the infantry) or battalion-sized units (in the cavalry). A typical brigade may consist of approximately 5,500 personnel between two mechanised infantry battalions, an armored regiment, an armored artillery regiment, and other logistic and engineering units. The brigade is usually commanded by an officer holding the rank of Brigadier, who is referred to as the "Brigade Commander" (never the "commanding officer", which in the British Army is reserved for battalion-sized units). In the Royal Artillery, "brigade" was also the term used for a battalion-sized unit until 1938, when "regiment" was adopted. This was because, unlike infantry battalions and cavalry regiments, which were organic, artillery units consisted of individually numbered batteries which were "brigaded" together. The commander of such a brigade was a Lieutenant-Colonel, who was referred to as the "commanding officer".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigade

Anyway, nice progress comparing to HoI2

Zanza said:

Those values are a bit random for now it seems, the under drop (of oil?) icon, which is probably fuel consumption got value zero for SH tanks. ;) Don't ready too much out of it, I'm pretty sure it's just an early model of interface and exact values are for now just for show mostly.

If I could guess, it's the leadership consumption needed for creating this brigade (and since leadership is new concept, values might be still out of whack).

Anyway, looks reasonably... great. ;) Both for micromanagment buffs and mini-maxers, as well as for people that prefer historical setups.

ruckel said:
So the speed for a mechanized division is 40/mph...thats really good. Faster blitzkrieg :D

Wouldn't that be silly fast for operational movment or what you would call it? I can see it having a bearing on combat though, maby deciding how fast gaps in frontage are coverd by reserves or something.

King said:
yes the Division design system will in no way shield you from any stupid things you plan to do.
Exactly! But i would not be suprised if you find some of your players making weird setups might actualy prove effective. Remember convention does not necisaraly mean it is the best. I mean just look at how many great millitary minds thought Aircraft Carriers would never trump Battleships and Dreadnaughts.

What i like best about this divisional set system it it will allow you to set up divisions for different theaters of war. Lighter more mobile for open areas, Heavy infantry and engineers for mountains, SH and ART to augment infantry for defensive positions that will be attacked no mater what ect ect ect.

vertinox said:
Actually, the hand with the number of 8,000 seems to correspond to the second column on the left with units having 3,000 or 1,000? Looks like numbers of men to me but not quite sure.
I assume it's manpower for the brigade. So, 8MP for the full unit.

it looks like the columns across the top are as follows

1. Strength
2. command rating ( what promotion level a leader needs to command it without penalties)
3. combat width
4. soft attack
5. hard attack
6. air attack
7. toughness?
8. ?????
9. air defence?
8. speed
9. ????
10. supply consumption
11. oil consumption
12. Ic cost