• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Johan said:
Anyway, we've been working hard lately, developing the core of our new revolutionary intelligence system, trade agreements, and polishing aspects of the resource system.
I hope this will include being able to affect, including creating with a pre-defined ID, specific trade agreements by event! (See this old thread.)

Very nice feature. This will open up a whole new scope of gameplay, as usual :D

I wonder whether brigades can be moved from division to division independently after a division has been built. Say, when you are stretched thin on a front and want to turn 4 4 brigade divisions into 5 3 brigade divisions. Or strip armoured brigades from inf. divisions to turn them into a full blown armoured division.

Zanza said:
Anybody has an idea what the flag column means? The S-H tank and the garrison have 2, most others have 1, tanks and militia have 0. Can't really be partisan suppression as I can hardly imagine something worse for that task than S-H tanks.
I guess it is partisan suppression - but the numbers are wrong at this stage.

Looks aren't too good IMO. But it's awesome :D
I really hope the number of brigades allowed is soft coded. I'm guessing it is considering a "right tech" can give you an additional brigade. Soft coded number of brigades makes it possible for modders to implement battalions, which is even cooler. But brigades is certainly a nice choice in any case.

Also, would it not be better with a scrollable menu for the different templates? Each item has a name and a number of icons representing each brigade. I'm thinking like it is in the diplomacy tab in Hoi2 where each nation is represented by the name and up to five icons to show what kind of resources the country can trade away. Shouldn't be too much hassle for you guys and gives us more information and it's not limited by space requirements for each template button. I'm guessing that having one button for each and every template creates some space problems. You'd have to (well, not have to but it'd be logical) hardcode the number of templates.
Although it looks kinda unfinished gui-wise (the template-thingys), so it might be fixed in any case.

The light gray used for the brigade symbols are too light IMO. That goes for the really white text too. Contrast is nice, but this was a little over the top. I'm only talking about the table on the left side, the right side looks ok.

Overall I'm really excited! :)

Im happy to see the Strenght symbol from Vicky return (the fist representing number of men). Now elite divisions with 4-5 brigades will actually take more hits than ordinary ones aswell.

If the far left value is strength, is it no longer a %? I know the numbers don't mean anything yet, but it seems like that should be number of men.

Also, I wonder how the counter image will be selected for the division.

Meanmanturbo said:
Either the effect of no production experience...or it's the alpha ghost rearing it's ugly head again;)
Yupp... that's probably it! ;) Still, the Alpha thingie won't explain the last production dairy, where serial builds were explicitly axed.

bz249 said:
Absolutely it is a very well know tradition of every country that they put their best men leading garrison and SH tank divisions :D

Maybe it's 'size', a bit like profile at sea. You're going to see a rangefinding tower or Maus tank long before you see a rifleman :)

Mp, org, space, SA, HA, AA, Def, Tough, AirDef, Speed, Leadership, Supplies, Oil, IC, Manpower, Time

safferli said:
Yupp... that's probably it! ;) Still, the Alpha thingie won't explain the last production dairy, where serial builds were explicitly axed.

no just the gearing bonus.

King said:
no just the gearing bonus.
Ah, makes sense that you can still de-clutter your production queue by producing infantry ad nauseum. Thanks for the clarification!

King said:
yes the Division design system will in no way shield you from any stupid things you plan to do.
Apart, apparently, from building a square division with built-in artillery support... Will most armies start with the doctrines to build divisions with 5 brigades and get that chopped down to 4? Or will they start with doctrines in which infantry brigades are much larger, so that a 2 inf + 1 art is a full-blown square division?

---------------------

On templates: like has been asked before, can you, in game, decide to save your new design as a template? And, if so, can the player rename the templates? I'd rather set up a build order of 10x3 "Regular" and 1x3 "Light" divisions than 10x3 "Template I" and 1x3 "Template II" divisions, if that's possible...

#################

Can't wait to design my own divisions. Been waiting for this since HoI 1 came out.

Already thinking of what would make up a good light infantry division and what a decent rear guard division should look like. Can't wait to see the final product in late summer 2009 right?

Serious question though. Do you have to save the division template or can you make a stand alone production run and let those divisions stand as is for the rest of the game?

Just beautiful ... *sheds a tear* ...

I remember being 13 y/o in 1976 and playing Third Reich on my bedroom floor, thinking, "Wouldn't it be awesome if the whole thing was automated ... ", and then HOI1 came along, and it keeps getting better.

But when do we get the flying cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.