• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

animul1111

Sergeant
2 Badges
Nov 23, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
How many tank divisions can I merge together into an Army and fight 'efficiently? If I add three together the number turns red.

Also how many divisions can I attack with from one province before they fight 'ineffectively'? And what is the easiest way to separate tank division out of their Corp and create a new Corps and Tank armies out of them?

This is my first time playing and I am confused. Thanks for your help everyone

If it's red then I think the leader isn't a high enough rank. mj. general can command 1 divison, lt. general can command 3, general can command 9 and field marshal can command 12 without stacking penalties. Click his picture and choose another leader or promote him.

sagajagan said:
If it's red then I think the leader isn't a high enough rank. mj. general can command 1 divison, lt. general can command 3, general can command 9 and field marshal can command 12 without stacking penalties. Click his picture and choose another leader or promote him.

Thanks that answered half my questions!!

So how many divisions is too many to attack with?

animul1111 said:
I am still having trouble getting the divisions in the armies as I want them. I don't understand how to add one division to an army?
The divisions have to be in the same province. Drag a box around all of the divisions in the province; hold the shift key and left click units you do NOT want in the army, then click on the merge button on the bottom left of the screen.

Here is the wiki article on Leader Command Capacity

http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/...enalty_Capacity_.28i.e._the_-75.25_penalty.29

In case you haven't figured it out yet...

To merge air units, have the units you want merged at the same airport. Click on one, then hold down shift and drag a box around it. That lassos the air units so you can merge em. If you just click and drag, you'll get any land units in the province but no air units.

hmm, I allways attack with a lot of troopes, my record was 400 vs 150
I lost the battle because it was winter and they would have been pushed back after they would have reached the prov anyway, but I managed to distroy around 30 ger divs and make 50 of them have less than 20STR

in short, Koneiv handeled 35 times more troops than he could handle very well

Figting effectively with commanders: 1, 3, 9, and 12 and that doubles with every HQ under a General or Field Marshal. But in short you can stack as high as you want especially if your the SU, have hundreds of divisions rushing against around 20 or less German and Axis units.

But I like to merge units of three (Infantry x 3, Armoured x2 + 1 Motorized/Mech, etc.) and form under an HQ commanded by a General and or Field Marshal and use the corps of three units to attack as if in an army group; therefor I can have 18+ divisions attacking the enemy without penalties.

Solferino said:
Figting effectively with commanders: 1, 3, 9, and 12 and that doubles with every HQ under a General or Field Marshal. But in short you can stack as high as you want especially if your the SU, have hundreds of divisions rushing against around 20 or less German and Axis units.
Command Limits are only doubled once, regardless of the number of adjacent HQs.

Solferino said:
Thanks for that info, I thought it doubled with every HQ.

You do indeed learn something new every day! :D

So now I have still another question. I sent a german expeditionary force to spain for the civil war which is now over. But I can't see how to bring my armored forces back home? How do i do it?

How did you "send" it to them? If you sold it to them in the Diplomacy screen... it's not YOUR Armored force any more. It belongs to THEM.