• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ecnan02 said:
I see the US turning into a real espionage battle ground now in the race for influence. The Germans will try and get the American right wing (with Lindbergh) in power, the Soviets will be trying to make the US more communist, and the Brits will be trying to keep FDR in power.

This feature could really make the pre-war years much more exciting. The Great Game played out as great powers jockey for position in all the important secondary countries.

You understand the design idea completely.

The idea is to be able to do what countries did historically, try to get the unaligned countries on YOUR side.

If that is through coups, supporting political activists, military invasions or just diplomatic measures, its all depending on your strategies.

Johan said:
We're extremely excited by our logistics model.
And now, I am even more exited as before of your logistics model! :)

Still, naval action! All this land and industry stuff is great, but everyone knows that the war was won by carriers! ;)

Johan said:
yes. will be discussed in detail in a later development diary.

Johan said:
One aspect that have changed in the game since we last talked is the resources. After long consideration, we decided to make logistics and convoys work more intuitively so we splitted up oil into crude oil and fuel. Crude Oil is now produced in provinces and converted from energy while fuel is consumed by units. Fuel is created out of Crude Oil in amounts depending on your total IC and your refinery technologies every day.
The separation of crude oil and fuel makes a lot of sense, but I hope that the creation/conversion of fuel will be more realistic than in HoI 1 and 2. Will the player actually be able to make a difference in it other than to research the next conversion technology to increase the rather artificial conversion ratio - refineries, sliders or whatever?

Aww, it was a joke. :(

Will IC still require oil to operate? I think in HoI2 by doing so only made minor countries miserable. To me it doesn't make sense that factories will require oil for their production.

G'Kar said:
The separation of crude oil and fuel makes a lot of sense, but I hope that the creation/conversion of fuel will be more realistic than in HoI 1 and 2. Will the player actually be able to make a difference in it other than to research the next conversion technology to increase the rather artificial conversion ratio - refineries, sliders or whatever?

And how to make a difference? The only thing that comes to my mind is to spend some of your precious IC points to creation/conversion. ... Maybe it's not a bad idea. OTOH, probably the percentage of your IC points that can be spent on fuel production should be determined by your refinery technology level.

Cidal said:
Will IC still require oil to operate? I think in HoI2 by doing so only made minor countries miserable. To me it doesn't make sense that factories will require oil for their production.

The factory it self woundt need it, but all the transport system and stuff around the factory would need it so I'd say its realistic to let IC be a function of oil consumption.

EDIT: with the new fuel resource, maybe IC should depend on that? also maybe TC should be dependent on fuel unless your still operating a railway system with steampower...

Johan said:
yes. will be discussed in detail in a later development diary.

If you're excited then so am I! Can't wait! :D

this sound more and more that you could mod it to victoria II! :)
Will it be possible to mod in that you can have more kinds of resorces and factorys only needing one kind to make for example cars or regular cloths? :D

But just the politics are so awsome!! I love it.

*gives Johan a kiss* :eek:o

_Jensemann_ said:
The factory it self woundt need it, but all the transport system and stuff around the factory would need it so I'd say its realistic to let IC be a function of oil consumption.

EDIT: with the new fuel resource, maybe IC should depend on that? also maybe TC should be dependent on fuel unless your still operating a railway system with steampower...

If the TC system is kept...
May be there won't be a strategic transport capabilty but each armies will have its own logistics units...

And about oil conversion, the dev diaries tell "every days", so perhaps we will have a slider for chossing the IC used fir conversion...

Very cool changes so far, and I'm especially looking forward to hearing about this new logistics system.

I'm also thrilled that the southern English coast was reworked after so many people commented on it in an earlier thread. Maybe if I make enough noise, the Low Countries will be redone so Antwerp can have a port. :)

EDIT: And Rotterdam too! :eek:

Catkind said:
If we are short of crude oil can we decide how much it goes to fuel and how much it goes to energy?
I believe that you can "distil" crude oil out of energy. Then you need to refine crude oil into fuel.

So: Energy->crude oil->fuel. Or: Crude oil->fuel, if you have provinces producing oil.

dublish said:
Very cool changes so far, and I'm especially looking forward to hearing about this new logistics system.

I'm also thrilled that the southern English coast was reworked after so many people commented on it in an earlier thread. Maybe if I make enough noise, the Low Countries will be redone so Antwerp can have a port. :)

EDIT: And Rotterdam too! :eek:

And Amsterdam became an urban province :D

It's not the subject...i know :eek:o :D

safferli said:
I believe that you can "distil" crude oil out of energy. Then you need to refine crude oil into fuel.

So: Energy->crude oil->fuel. Or: Crude oil->fuel, if you have provinces producing oil.

Or if you buy this crude oil.

I hope the stability and difficulty of overthrowing governments will be fully moddable.