• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a small thought about politics. With introducing political parties there can be simulation of german non nazi opposition.
Imagine, german losses during war makes none nazis higher part of population but also creates another thing which are plots and opposition. The higher % of those the higher chance of assasinations and possibility of for example military coupe against the government.
It can also simulate a modern society and be a great tool for modern day mods.

I'm sure it will be in there, but I doubt it will have any impact. Apart from assassination attempts, of course.

BTw, on a somewhat related note, Vicky featured the ability to ban parties. I wonder if the same mechanism will exist in HOI3. It would be quite appropriate for semi-authoritarian regimes, such as Romania's and Bulgaria's. Drive those commies out of the country :p

Vicky also distinguished between militancy and consciousness, which I thought was quite deft. You could have any number of anti-government factions in being, but you have to get them really angry before they become out-and-out rebellious. Maybe through repression and maybe through incompetent government.

Vicky also distinguished between militancy and consciousness, which I thought was quite deft. You could have any number of anti-government factions in being, but you have to get them really angry before they become out-and-out rebellious. Maybe through repression and maybe through incompetent government.

However, that existed in the population layer. The actual modeling of political parties in Victoria was somewhat lacking, in my opinion. Not to say that HOI3 will be a revolution in that respect, but party organization as a factor is a nice development. I wonder, though, if parties will attempt to actively cause trouble. It would make for an interesting pre-war game as Romania if your ministers keep getting assassinated by fascist militias.

Anti-aircraft and fortress icons...

Long-time Paradoxer (Crusader Kings, Vicky, EUII & III, HOI 1 & 2, Rome, M&B...) but first time poster!

I am loving everything that is coming out about HOI3 and fully intend taking a few days holiday to play it when it is released! I love the changes to divisions, parties, tech research and the map looks great - just the right amount of grittiness and period 'dull' combined with greater detail, realism and resolution. The ship models are brilliant and I am sure the land and air units will be just as good.

However...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we change the icons for territories. The ports are okay and I can even live with the airfields, but the fortresses and most damnably the anit-aircraft icons are just so outdated and just bring everything else down! Surely we can have a 3D model of a Bofors emplacement or 88 Flak? Not much extra effort (considering everything else that is going on) for huge gain in my mind?

What do others think?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we change the icons for territories. The ports are okay and I can even live with the airfields, but the fortresses and most damnably the anit-aircraft icons are just so outdated and just bring everything else down! Surely we can have a 3D model of a Bofors emplacement or 88 Flak? Not much extra effort (considering everything else that is going on) for huge gain in my mind?

What do others think?

That will be done quickly by the community, when the game is released :p

i agree on the fortress and aa thing how about an aa ring around cities? for the simulation *and* flavor.

Fortresses should also look different depending on the level (level 1 some wire and stuff level 10 fixed arty and bunkers and loads of stuff.

I hope my dream of ports and airfields that have a model in game will be fulfilled

:D

What do others think?
I think 3D models of such things and ports/airfields might be cool looking. But I doubt very much we will see them before mods.

Here is an official answer to the thread about more detailed icons on troops/ships:
won't happen, as its much harder to get information from it.

I've seen so many interface mods over the years that have made icons "more colorful" or "looks imba better".. but never anyone that has improved what an interface should do.. as in give CLEAR INFORMATION.
I think that the simple icons currently on the HoI3 map do give very clear info.

I never seen a problem with those "simple" icons in HoI2 or HoI3 screens. They're stylized and easily recognized...

Ok.. dynamic is good... sounds a bit like sacrificing history.. but I'm sure there's a decent balance between history and sandbox freedom :p

also.. the Party Idea is lovely.. now I forgive Paradox for killing Tech Teams :)

aaaaand... this crude oil and fuel idea.. really interesting.

I suppose fuel is like supplies, but for tanks etc.
So I guess some countries might not actually use fuel consuming vehicles that much, but can turn the crude oil into fuel.. and trade it
I remember how supplies were really valuable goods, I guess fuel will be even more so now

We're going to implement a strict historical accuracy mode in HoI3, where things will not be able to go unhistorical.

I really,really like that,although I do know from experience it is sort of difficult to implement correctly for all countries for instance in South America with their innumerous coup d'etats followed shortly after by a "civil" puppet government.or the special Swiss case with the rotation principle between the parties in gov.