+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 253

Thread: Development Diary #6 - 19th of November 2008

  1. #181
    Hej Slaveni! JRHINDO's Avatar
    200k clubDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moncuq
    Posts
    4,925
    Blog Entries
    23
    Wow HoI3 looks really great!
    Love everything that has been shown so far.

  2. #182
    General |AXiN|'s Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,948
    Just to clarify, will there still be cabinet minister or will that all be abstracted away to parties now? For example, would there be an election in Australia 1937 contested between Joseph Lyons of the UAP and John Curtin of the ALP, with cabinets as appropriate, or would it just be an election similar to the Vicky style between the UAP and the ALP, with the official party positions on issues rather than minister for them?

    Additionally, will the game be able to represent Coalitions and National Governments at all, or will all governments be assumed to be single-party-based and partisan?

    Finally, will there be any representation of the varying levels of suffrage across the world? You have the fairly full suffrage of for example the Scandanavian states, the racist semi-suffrage of Australia and the United States, and the lack of voting or meaningless voting in the dictatorships like Germany and the USSR.

    Cheers

  3. #183
    Target of a Coalition Trinitrotoluen's Avatar
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Niederösterreich
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    b) have repeatedly announced that there will be events and decisions on the same level as HoI2 had.
    Great news. Since you said "...events and decisions..." I have to ask:

    Will there be national and provincial level decisions similar to those used in EU 3: IN included?
    Peace is what you have while incubating the next war.
    - Sir Terry Pratchett

  4. #184
    Eternal leader of all Ducks The Great Duck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Primošten,Croatia
    Posts
    2,673
    Will there be more parties in a country that have a similar ideology?
    LONG LIVE CROATIA
    Nationality: Croat
    Religion: Agnostic/Catholic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Issues: Moralism/Jingoism
    Mods and projects that need your attention:Modern Day Scenario-Cold War-Kaiserreich-1914-Mod33-E3 Project-Whites and Reds-Arms and Amistice
    Support the Unified HoI3 historical mod initiative!-Wote for my AAR in the HOI3 AAR contest!
    Me on Youtube
    The new leader of mankind!

  5. #185
    I have to say HOI3 sounds better with each dev. diary. Domestic politics in Spain '36 should be interesting.

  6. #186
    Colonel Razor's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Schroeder's box
    Posts
    1,130
    Not bad at all! As a democracy not being able to build armies and fight, I can always attend to politics
    In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
    We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
    Military-Industrial Complex Speech, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

  7. #187
    Major Dark Scipio's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hannover, Germany
    Posts
    754
    Blog Entries
    5
    One thing I ask me now:

    Do large battles lower or raise (if lost or won) the support for the ruling party?
    For example: Will the Victory over France raise the support for Hitler and the NSDAP and will it sink after Stalingrad or when the soviets enter german soil?

    I dont mean to raise dissent or let the people revolt. In fact as germany lost the war, most people didn`t trust the NSDAP anymore, but they was also more confident then ever not to change the goverment now.

  8. #188
    Benedìctus Deus in Sæcula Hardstuff's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    1,046
    Yes, make it more like Victoria.

    What next, POPs? Steal WWI from that game too?

    Credo in unum Deum, Patrem omnipoténtem, factórem cæli et terræ, visibílium ómnium et invisibílium. Et in unum Dóminum Iesum Christum, Fílium Dei Unigénitum.
    Dómine Fili Unigénite, Iesu Christe, miserére nobis - Gloria in excelsis Deo!
    O Sancta Maria, Mater Dei

    Irish Regional Premier of An Comhtháthú Fionlannach-Ceilteach (Suomalais-Kelttiläinen liittokunta)
    "It will all be over by Christmas" - A Multiplayer World War One AAR, from a USA perspective.

  9. #189
    Resident, Fawlty Towers Chaplain's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Torquay
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by barney_gumble
    Domestic politics in Spain '36 should be interesting.
    Yes, indeed! I hadn't thought of that, but it could be GREAT FUN.

    Whenever I play Germany, I have this dream of pushing Argentina to the point where she will allow surface raiders and u-boats to be based in her ports. Could I (try to) do that in HOI3? That would be cool.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

  10. #190
    Second Lieutenant pileofnuts's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    [...] Thus instead of America having the Social Liberals in power in 1936 it will have the Democrat Party, although the countries ideology will still be Social Liberal.
    "Democrat Party" is a political epithet. The correct name should be the Democratic Party. Although I'm sure it's just a simple error in the dev diary, and not actually in the game.

  11. #191
    Major
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Semper Fi

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    702
    Johan, I think the game will be great,
    All the best with your great work!

  12. #192
    Philosopher of the Future Alexander Seil's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae Victis

    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Posts
    7,908
    Quote Originally Posted by |AXiN|
    Just to clarify, will there still be cabinet minister or will that all be abstracted away to parties now? For example, would there be an election in Australia 1937 contested between Joseph Lyons of the UAP and John Curtin of the ALP, with cabinets as appropriate, or would it just be an election similar to the Vicky style between the UAP and the ALP, with the official party positions on issues rather than minister for them?

    Additionally, will the game be able to represent Coalitions and National Governments at all, or will all governments be assumed to be single-party-based and partisan?

    Finally, will there be any representation of the varying levels of suffrage across the world? You have the fairly full suffrage of for example the Scandanavian states, the racist semi-suffrage of Australia and the United States, and the lack of voting or meaningless voting in the dictatorships like Germany and the USSR.

    Cheers
    Differences in suffrage were represented in Victoria, where it was possible due to the fact that every household was accounted for by the POP units. Can't really do that unless you model population, which HoI doesn't do.

  13. #193
    good luck guys, work hard, you have a lot of customers waiting for a very good game and very difficult to satisfy week by week i`m wondering the new logistic system more ??? if the new system is getting you very excited, then it can kill a lot of us

  14. #194
    The Last Eurofederalist LeeDub's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,356

    Thumbs up

    I have to say I used to think the map was a bit too gray, but the political mode looks wonderful! However, since there are now political parties, do you still have the slider system, or has it been removed? I assume the first, as it seems the system is in place to do away with the two first sliders to make the system smooth and more plausible.

  15. #195
    General |AXiN|'s Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Seil
    Differences in suffrage were represented in Victoria, where it was possible due to the fact that every household was accounted for by the POP units. Can't really do that unless you model population, which HoI doesn't do.
    But difference is suffrage could affect the support levels for government and alternative parties in the new system, and could affect the ease with which other nations can gather support for their system of government.

    I've seen the little triangle thing that was the ideology matrix in HoI1 floating around, so I guess that getting support for parties is related to swinging the population around to supporting your ideology. I wonder if it might be possible to get some area of support for extreme ideologies in - so if the USSR influences very strongly a democratic country, support grows not just for the Communist Party, but also for the more mainstream left-aligned party within that nation. An example would be both the British Communist Party and Labour Party gaining support due to the USSR's influence.

  16. #196

    But will it work?

    The politics idea is great, if you can get the computer to use it well. In HOI2 I only used intelligence to kick out enemy spies and to put my 10 in the more important countries. The computer never killed any of them and wasted their efforts (like trying to do something with only 1 spy in the country).

    Also, a major problem with HOI2 was the lack of automation in the intelligence system, forcing you to micromanage. I hope there will be some way of setting priorties and letting the computer do the tedious work of carrying out the details.

  17. #197
    Major Carroarmato-P40's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    On your left flank, on your right flank, encircling your rear and advancing towards your front.
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    We're going to implement a strict historical accuracy mode in HoI3, where things will not be able to go unhistorical.
    I wonder.. It is possible that in the options menu, we could be provided with a slider that controls the amount of historical/ahistorical activity in a game.. Something along the lines of a possibility/probability matrix.. So we could have the slider right across to 100%, and it would play much the same way as HOI1 & 2, say at 90% across it would mean that there would be a game-long chance of event either not firing at all, or different choices are made by the AI. Maybe the allies would intervene in Czechoslovakia or something, or perhaps the Germans invade only Belgium and leave the Netherlands neutral in 1940. Then if the slider as set at 80%, the chance of an alternate timeline/event triggers is increased to 20%...

    I hope this makes sense, but it would allow for more flexible player options than a black choice between historical and ahistorical...
    “It was heart-rending to have witnessed how the Ariete division (our most loyal allies) and remanets of the Trieste and Littorio Divisions, fought with death defying courage; how their tanks (the “sardine tins” so often mocked by us) were shot up and left burning on the battlefield. Although I was engaged in actions myself, I kept in contact with the XX Italian Corps until it was almost surrounded. At about 1530 hours, the commander of the Ariete Division sent his last radio message to Rommel: “We are encircled, the Ariete tanks still in action.” By evening, the XX Italian Corps had been destroyed. We lost good brave friends, from whom we demanded more than they were in a position to give.”
    Hans Von Luck – 'Panzer Commander'

  18. #198
    Hairloss Ninja Hallsten's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    T.O. - creating a life across the pond
    Posts
    5,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroarmato-P40
    I wonder.. It is possible that in the options menu, we could be provided with a slider that controls the amount of historical/ahistorical activity in a game.. Something along the lines of a possibility/probability matrix.. So we could have the slider right across to 100%, and it would play much the same way as HOI1 & 2, say at 90% across it would mean that there would be a game-long chance of event either not firing at all, or different choices are made by the AI. Maybe the allies would intervene in Czechoslovakia or something, or perhaps the Germans invade only Belgium and leave the Netherlands neutral in 1940. Then if the slider as set at 80%, the chance of an alternate timeline/event triggers is increased to 20%...

    I hope this makes sense, but it would allow for more flexible player options than a black choice between historical and ahistorical...
    That quote was a joke.
    The accuracy should be comparable to that of HOI2D:ARMA.
    //Hallsten

    UPCOMING!Hallsten's EUrofi3r, CK to EU3 savefile converter
    Hallsten's Unified HOI2/DD/ARMA Generator Utility
    NEW: Hallsten's Unified HOI3 Generator Utility
    HOI2 sleep-event for Germany's Old Guard

  19. #199
    Pure Evil Genius Jinnai's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome: Vae Victis

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    El Hazard
    Posts
    11,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    We're going to implement a strict historical accuracy mode in HoI3, where things will not be able to go unhistorical.
    So that means in republics, the same leaders will always be elected?

    The politics looks good. Are republics just going to deal with head-of-state or are they going to deal with representative branches at all?
    Best WW Death Ever as Eliria the Very Mean Girl in WWLite XXXII: My Super Sweet Sixteen

    CK: DV Mod - Horde & Timurid Empire Mod v2.5
    CK: DV Mod (Computable with DVIP) - Automated Courtier Education Events v3.03.01

  20. #200
    Hairloss Ninja Hallsten's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis

    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    T.O. - creating a life across the pond
    Posts
    5,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnai
    So that means in republics, the same leaders will always be elected?

    The politics looks good. Are republics just going to deal with head-of-state or are they going to deal with representative branches at all?
    Regarding the quote, see my above post...
    //Hallsten

    UPCOMING!Hallsten's EUrofi3r, CK to EU3 savefile converter
    Hallsten's Unified HOI2/DD/ARMA Generator Utility
    NEW: Hallsten's Unified HOI3 Generator Utility
    HOI2 sleep-event for Germany's Old Guard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts