+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 27 35 36 37

Thread: The Sublime State - An Ottoman AAR

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

future crisis that would threaten the entire Empire
    ... I do like a nice plot teaser and that is one big tease

nice reversal of fortunes in the Balkans, given where you were a few years back a peace with actual gains is some achievement
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Nice WE!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

And yet he wins. Now I wonder whether the MM Helius's mechanics of anti-Ottoman crusade will trigger or not. Did you have a rebel problem during this war? Btw, why Cilli? Wasn't Triest more tempting?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Things didn't end as badly as they could have... Now Suleiman is safe and can cook his revenge for as long as he wishes
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Posting from London today (it's cold and I'm jet-lagged), as I won't be home again until early next year. I can't believe I'm missing Texas weather, but then it was in the mid-70s (F) when I left...

I miss wearing shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfBlood View Post
    Great AAR, Great storyline.
    Only problem; We need more and more frequent updates
    Thank you; glad you are enjoying it. And I am fully aware of my inability to post with any kind of speed or regularity; a glaring fault for which I have no proper apology.

Hopefully I can pick up the speed a bit in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuyvesant View Post
    Excellent... Suleiman is turning into quite the Sultan, given the perilous start of his reign.

This following sentence I really like:With just those two words at the end, you sketch out quite a bit of the future of Suleiman's reign. "Patient retribution", I really like the image that conjures.
    He isn't one to rush these kinds of things, for reason of personality and practicality. And in the end, as much of a bastard Mahmud was, he was still a Sultan - blood is thicker than water.

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    ... I do like a nice plot teaser and that is one big tease

nice reversal of fortunes in the Balkans, given where you were a few years back a peace with actual gains is some achievement
    I was a bit worried, but thankfully Hungary was so weak that it surrendered quickly, and Brandenburg was keen to abandon the conflict (for a price). The benefits of having such a large empire are impressive manpower reserves during war, but the problem is that marching the reserve armies from Egypt or Iraq take a great deal of time. Especially when you need to keep forces in the area to deal with the occasional revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Nice WE!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gabor View Post
    And yet he wins. Now I wonder whether the MM Helius's mechanics of anti-Ottoman crusade will trigger or not. Did you have a rebel problem during this war? Btw, why Cilli? Wasn't Triest more tempting?
    Oh it will... but thats for a later update. Rebels are generally not a problem except for very unfortunate circumstances - they are more annoyances than anything. But they can divert forces away at unfortunate times. And Triest probably was, but then I wanted peace to avoid more war exhaustion and didn't want to keep fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    Things didn't end as badly as they could have... Now Suleiman is safe and can cook his revenge for as long as he wishes
    Revenge is a dish best served boiling hot with a cream sauce and plenty of lemon and salt. It hurts more when its poured into the lidless eyes of those who dared to defy the House of Osman!
    Through My Eyes - A TFH AAR (Updated Dec. 23)
    Paradox HOI AAR Contest Runner-Up / Best Character Writer of the Week November 4, 2012

The Sublime State - An Ottoman Empire EU3/MMP AAR (On hold until EU4)
    WritAAR of the Week March 7, 2009 and March 28, 2010 / Best Character Writer of the Week March 26, 2009 / Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

The Final Crusade - A Knights EU3 AAR
    - WritAAR of the Week April 29, 2007

My DeviantART page

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Enjoy London. As far as the shorts go: pah! In Minnesota, there are idiots who'll go around in shorts (and possibly sandals) when it's about zero degrees (yes, Fahrenheit), so there's no reason why you couldn't wear them. Now, as to being comfortable...

Looking forward to Suleiman's revenge. Of course, with your posting habits, the 'patient' part of the retribution might take on unexpected relevance.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

pah.. London, you should come to Glasgow where men are men and women are ....

back in the 70s there was a brief and awful craze for wearing Hawaiin shirts. In the bulk of the UK all this did was to send people blind, unfortunately by the time the craze reached Glasgow it was also mid-winter ... I believe in parts of the East End you can still see the frostbite scars
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    You know, with all these armies advancing, retreating and then counter-advnacing, the countryside must be really suffering.

But surely, such victories are a great boost for the Sultan even domestically...let's see what his next move is.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Well first off, I need to apologize for the delay over the last few months. I had been planning on updating some as a break from school, but real life has continued to keep me from finding the time or desire to resume. I'm graduating within a month, after which I need to find a place to live and employment. So between university classes and making sure I don't die of starvation/exposure once I graduate, I have found little willpower to work on the next chapter.

I've had a few false starts: I already have all the screen-shots edited for the next chapter, but I can't seem to get started on the more important part of actually writing things down. Hopefully once school is over and I'm settled in I should be able to continue (I do want to finish TSS), but if I update again in the near future it will probably be the only one for a while.

The good news is that I still possess all my game files and such, so I haven't had any tech problems sabotage me (yet). With that, on to the (very delayed) answers to previous comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuyvesant View Post
    Enjoy London. As far as the shorts go: pah! In Minnesota, there are idiots who'll go around in shorts (and possibly sandals) when it's about zero degrees (yes, Fahrenheit), so there's no reason why you couldn't wear them. Now, as to being comfortable...

Looking forward to Suleiman's revenge. Of course, with your posting habits, the 'patient' part of the retribution might take on unexpected relevance.
    Yes... I am just roleplaying, is all. These last few months of silence were me being "in character."

... Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    pah.. London, you should come to Glasgow where men are men and women are ....

back in the 70s there was a brief and awful craze for wearing Hawaiin shirts. In the bulk of the UK all this did was to send people blind, unfortunately by the time the craze reached Glasgow it was also mid-winter ... I believe in parts of the East End you can still see the frostbite scars
    Ouch. I've spent most of my life living in warm climates (California, Texas, Singapore, etc.), so I would probably panic if I ever had to deal with weather of that magnitude.

Quote Originally Posted by RGB View Post
    You know, with all these armies advancing, retreating and then counter-advnacing, the countryside must be really suffering.

But surely, such victories are a great boost for the Sultan even domestically...let's see what his next move is.
    The people of the Empire are a hardy folk.
    Through My Eyes - A TFH AAR (Updated Dec. 23)
    Paradox HOI AAR Contest Runner-Up / Best Character Writer of the Week November 4, 2012

The Sublime State - An Ottoman Empire EU3/MMP AAR (On hold until EU4)
    WritAAR of the Week March 7, 2009 and March 28, 2010 / Best Character Writer of the Week March 26, 2009 / Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

The Final Crusade - A Knights EU3 AAR
    - WritAAR of the Week April 29, 2007

My DeviantART page

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Great to hear from you again! Writer's block can happen. I see three solutions to break it.
    1) Wait until your better half asks you to clean/do some DIY/defrost the fridge/iron your own shirts (oh, the monstrosity! ), I assure you, you'll feel the sudden surge of creative inspiration.
    2) Unclog your mind. Read a good book on history. The more controversial or unusual, the better. Not necessarily a serious one. Horrible Histories might do. And when you actually start writing, it should just start writing itself.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

And if all of gabor's advice fails, you can always re-watch the Adventures of the Baron Munchausen. If that fails to inspire you, nothing will...
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

aah... aldriq thank you for the third solution to overcome a writer's block
    ever absent-minded, it now dawned on me, I mentioned three, put two
    oh, how could I have overlooked this; the third solution is...

Enjoy (hopefully)
    There are more, sadly none's related to the OE history.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Good luck with all those niggling, inconsequential details also known as 'Real Life' and we'll see you back once you have time for more important stuff.

Seriously, though, I hope everything works out to the point where you can devote some time to this story. Whenever that might be.
    Hollow Little Reign - A brief Crusader Kings tale about family ties in Byzantium.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 27 35 36 37