+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: *Whole World Mod* Balancing

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Yes, the rest of the world should have good amounts of natives. If there are any specific areas that are underpopulated it could be changed though.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

East India CompanyDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by llib View Post
    Dear modders,
    please consider fillingthe territories which were added newly with the natives, preferrably in high numbers and hostility when are is distant. Areas near p.e. Marocco had zero population when I got there.
    That could simply be because neighbouring countries had sent armies through and wiped them out.

Captain
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by spirto View Post
    that's probably because nobody really LIVED in the Sahara.....

look at other new territories first. Like Canada, Australia and many more. It is only the worst provinces that get no natives.
    OK, maybe the assumption was too fast.
    But - it is not true that nobody lives in Sahara, there are oasis and beduins.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Looking back, it does seem like there are too many provinces with 0 population. It could be a bug, although there are a few provinces in the Sahara that have a few hundred natives...

Get it HERE!

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis IV

hehe

I don't know how many provinces have 0 population but I do think that one or two actually deserve 0 population. Bedouins were constantly on the move so I don't know if they can be classed as "natives" but you never know! It's up to hafte to decide.
    Per Ardua Ad Astra

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    —Oscar Wilde

Before you go and criticize the younger generation, just remember who raised them.
    —Unknown Author

wow a thread and i wasnt in it...

anyway about natives in the sahara, they should be few but very fierce, as they would kill a man not sanctioned to drink from their water well.

okay not many things are added to this but ill be the first in a while:

Im tired of a Spain Iberia mob, its like every game Spain takes over portugal. Very Ahistorical. Divede et imperia tries to fix this by adding missions. I think we should do that too. For Spain and Castille, add missions to gain royal marrages with portugal and high relations and what not. Maybe we should do that too.

I agree with ADP. The Scandanavian countries go a little crazy too. Sweden goes on huge Russian conquering sprees and Germany is always covered in Danish territory by 1600

Europa Universalis IV

yeah Castille should be calmed down a bit hehe... maybe the Finish the Reconquista mission should be edited? Lower the reward but change the requirements....

I've never seen Sweden go crazy.... Russia almost always forms in my games...

I've seen the Danes go for Germany... took me years to break them apart!
    Per Ardua Ad Astra

—Oscar Wilde

Before you go and criticize the younger generation, just remember who raised them.
    —Unknown Author

also on my spanish balancing thing, on the reconquista mission, castille must own portugal to complete it. Plz remove that, this ensures that portugal will be gone.

do yuo actually know the AI follows this? i think i heard somewhere that the AI is not programmed to follow missions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MonMarty View Post
    do yuo actually know the AI follows this? i think i heard somewhere that the AI is not programmed to follow missions
    I thought half the point of missions was that the AI does follow them and they can be used to alter the AI's behaviour. Hence why countries like Britain and Spain form more often in IN. England is very hostile toward Ireland at the beginning because of the Conquer Ireland mission.

Get it HERE!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India

They follow missions. I was allied with England, and they got the mission "Conquer Rome*". In two days, they broke our alliance and declared war.

PS: I'm not sure if this is the name of the mission, but has something to do with Rome, my capital as the Roman Empire.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh they do, and quite obsessively. That reconquista mission, until I fixed it manually, was causing Castille to ALWAYS go after Portugal & Aragon, no matter what.
    /aeni
    Europa Universalis IV über alles!
    Try out Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!

Maker of:
    » Religious Migrations Mini-Mod (for EU3): Event system that simulates religious minorities and migrations.
    » copy_culture Event Set (for EU3): Copy any province's culture to another province of your choice.

try starting the game with the Byzantine Empire, and look at the Ottoman Empire and check if they have the mission "conquer the city of world desire", If they do, you are screwed

About the 0 natives thing, I've found that it's usually due to armies crossing through; for example, Abomey in West Africa or Ogaden in East Africa. Defeated rebels also tend to bounce out to unexplored provinces and sit around forever.

One possible solution to the problem could be to fill these in-between provinces with small colonies. Filling the areas south of Mali to Kanem Bournu like this could simulate the allegiances of local tribes to the larger states in the area.
    The native aggressiveness would have to set low, and growth curbed to ensure that the colonies don't become cities. I think this also better simulates initial western contact by forcing a war to seize territory instead of just throwing a colonist out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP101 View Post
    try starting the game with the Byzantine Empire, and look at the Ottoman Empire and check if they have the mission "conquer the city of world desire", If they do, you are screwed
    dont they always conquer the byzantine empire? i had the idea they had a core on it and given the fact they are rival / you are a small nation.

dont they always conquer the byzantine empire? i had the idea they had a core on it and given the fact they are rival / you are a small nation.
    Actually, the Ottos don't start with a core on Thrace. The mission in question gives it to them.

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Speaking of Iberia, is there any way to stop Granada from becoming a Catholic nation and annexing all of Iberia? i know it doesn't happen too often (Castile makes sure of that) but it's a bit weird when it does, not to mention just plain wrong.

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    Speaking of Iberia, is there any way to stop Granada from becoming a Catholic nation and annexing all of Iberia? i know it doesn't happen too often (Castile makes sure of that) but it's a bit weird when it does, not to mention just plain wrong.

No there isn't really a way to fix it because a country that forms (by rebels) will have (as state religion) whatever religion its capital province has and because when Castille annexes Granada they convert those provinces if Granada pops up again it will be catholic. The only way that won't happen is if Granada actually annexes Castille at the start when they're a nation.... highly improbable.

I think the "Finish the Reconquista" mission should be altered. Maybe just make Castille go for Granada and Aragon and lower the BB reward so that you get -15 instead of -20
    Per Ardua Ad Astra

—Oscar Wilde

—Unknown Author

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast