• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anybody else see divisions consisting of 1 infantry and 3 artillery being mandatory this way? They've created a bottleneck and that is going to be the best way to squeeze in as much of a punch as possible.

i doubt this would work as it would take less punch to knock out a unit with only 1 infantry brigade.

Stats matter in a discussion of the frontage mechanic... how exactly?
This is about how many divisions you can get into a fight, not about what units wins.

Stats matter in a discussion of the frontage mechanic... how exactly?

stats of the brigades make a difference in a discussion of frontage mechanics as shown by the post you linked to. For example if SPart had much weaker stats using divisions with only 1 frontal brigade is not a viable tactic. You can't judge the weaknesses or the strengths of the system if we don't know that stats of the brigades.

what good is it getting 100 of your divisions into the fight if they enemy can defeat you with only 20 of theirs?

This is about how many divisions you can get into a fight, not about what units wins.

(!)

*edit* Even though I have to admit if your 100 divisions could get steamrolled by 20 hostiles it would be a difference. I doubt this will be the case though.
Stats only play into this if support brigades like artillery are *really fragile* or penalized in some other way. Without severe drawbacks to support brigades, this is going to be the modus operandi in the game.

Last edited:
I have one question:

Looking at the division designer and the artillery units, if I build dedicated artillery divisions (if that's even possible), which are supposed to act like high-command or higher echelon artillery units as dedicated firepower-boosters, will such specialized divisions be handled differently in comparison to normal infantry units?

The reason why I'm asking is that artillery doesn't actually have to be in contact with the enemy to engage the enemy units (thinking about the "front width" here). So what I'm thinking is, that will the system factor in artillery units which are active within the area and allow them to engage the enemy, even if the division itself (perhaps even on purpose) would not be charging the enemy positions or under enemy attack?

Sounds like Greece might just have a chance right off from the vanilla version :p

I see the proper application of this(frontage) coming about very much according to real life.

Example: Making some divisions assault oriented with lets say 1 armored brigade with 2 or 3 supports(Sp gun etc) on the front line. Sending a Korps made of mostly assault divisions to break up the static defense, then sending your main body on through the gap once penetration is achieved. Your main body would consist of 3 or 4 brigades of main units(no support).

Obviously you can switch the example around to your liking but I think I see the beauty in this system. It will make you plan your battle doctrine out instead of just superstacking.. Very nice indeed.

So Basicaly I imagine if you attack along 3 axis, or even 2 axis points, the defender would then thin out abit, and suffer penalties from being attacked from 2 or even 3 different points?

I would expect if they same province is cut off from other allied provinces it would also suffer from being cut off and surrounded? without even fighting.